Community Forum

Competition Questions

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Competition Questions

Post by Soleil »

(I posted a topic similar to this in the General Chat section, but that's the wrong section for this question so I decided to make a new topic.)

What are some beginner friendly disciplines to try working towards? I remember hearing Saddleseat is extremely advanced, but does anyone have information on the other disciplines? Like Racing, Log Pull, etc.

I also remember seeing a chart of fast/slow untrained times somewhere. I know you can find these by entering a 5 year old untrained horse into a lvl 10 local show, but what time is considered fast and what is considered slow?

Also, I've seen some senior players enter their horses data into a spreadsheet. What is this good for? How does it work?

Thank you in advance :D
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition Questions

Post by EclipticEnd »

Soleil wrote:(I posted a topic similar to this in the General Chat section, but that's the wrong section for this question so I decided to make a new topic.)

What are some beginner friendly disciplines to try working towards? I remember hearing Saddleseat is extremely advanced, but does anyone have information on the other disciplines? Like Racing, Log Pull, etc.

I also remember seeing a chart of fast/slow untrained times somewhere. I know you can find these by entering a 5 year old untrained horse into a lvl 10 local show, but what time is considered fast and what is considered slow?

Also, I've seen some senior players enter their horses data into a spreadsheet. What is this good for? How does it work?

Thank you in advance :D
No one's answered yet so I'll give it a go.

I'm not sure which disciplines are super competitive right now. I've heard Endurance is super beginner friendly because of the oversaturation of Arabians in the market. I'm guessing it partially depends on the conformations. I know that it's difficult to get colored comments for Movement so maybe the two Dressages and Hunter might be harder? Saddleseat might be harder due to the high Balance requirement so Show Jumping might be as well. I'd assume easier ones might be better developed conformations such as Speed requirements (Racing disciplines). That's just my best guess though and it could very well be incorrect. I know I've had great results in taking TBs from the market and titling them in the various Racing disciplines with 90%+ wins.

Not sure about your second question. I haven't gotten to a point where I've looked into that and I was waiting to get some consistent Forest Horses in the HGP/Confo/Build that I want before I get into foal testing.

Spreadsheets are good for keeping track of how your lines are doing. Gathering your data in one spot lets you better compare your horses and see how much better or worse your lines might be doing and whether your horses are beginning to plateau in their improvement. You can also enter your horses' scores and sort from highest to lowest scores to see who's doing well and who isn't. You can do a lot of different programming in them as well to show your best horse, worst horse, best disciplines, horses with the highest confo scores, etc. It's good to write things down when it gets too much to keep in your head.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am