Community Forum

Boerperd (am currently looking for help with this project)

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Malakai20
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Boerperd (am currently looking for help with this project)

Post by Malakai20 »

Malakai10 wrote:
TrapandJup wrote:
Okay awesome :D thank you!
No problem!!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/179233
Here they are! I can only put two up at a time as my side accounts don't have premium. Could you link a rehomeable horse so I can give you your 80k? :D

(I'm going to add the following to the first post.)

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Quick Start Guide For Newbies

With the Boerperde, to start out with, I highly recommend getting some more mares of one other breed (I suggest Thoroughbred, as most are bred for competition so you'll have a head start and won't set yourself back when you later breed competitively.) I highly recommend that you buy mares that have colours acceptable for Boerperd because otherwise you will later have a difficult time breeding out those colours. It's easier if you choose just one other breed to outbreed to because then you will not get grade horses or crossbreeds that don't have Boerperd in them - this will allow you to breed them back to being purebred Boerperd later on more easily. It will also be easier if the non-Boerperd mares used are as close to Boerperd in build and height (more importantly than build) as possible; however, this is not completely necessary especially as you will have complete access to my stallions.

I recommend initially using the some of the 80k I gave you to get a grinder (if you do not already have one) which should cost about 40k-60k. Then you can enter this horse in competitions and earn extra money to expand your farm, get more pastures and barns, complete player courses and expand your herd. There is currently no need to worry about inbreeding and COI however I do recommend trying to keep COI below 70%.

Feel free to ping me if you have a problem or otherwise need help.
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

Malakai20 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: No problem!!
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/179233
Here they are! I can only put two up at a time as my side accounts don't have premium. Could you link a rehomeable horse so I can give you your 80k? :D

BlackOak2's Quick-Links

Awesome thank you! Here is my rehomable horse https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3442012

With the Boerperde, to start out with, I highly recommend getting some more mares of one other breed (I suggest Thoroughbred, as most are bred for competition so you'll have a head start and won't set yourself back when you later breed competitively.) I highly recommend that you buy mares that have colours acceptable for Boerperd because otherwise you will later have a difficult time breeding out those colours. It's easier if you choose just one other breed to outbreed to because then you will not get grade horses or crossbreeds that don't have Boerperd in them - this will allow you to breed them back to being purebred Boerperd later on more easily. It will also be easier if the non-Boerperd mares used are as close to Boerperd in build and height (more importantly than build) as possible; however, this is not completely necessary especially as you will have complete access to my stallions.

I recommend initially using the some of the 80k I gave you to get a grinder (if you do not already have one) which should cost about 40k-60k. Then you can enter this horse in competitions and earn extra money to expand your farm, get more pastures and barns, complete player courses and expand your herd. There is currently no need to worry about inbreeding and COI however I do recommend trying to keep COI below 70%.

Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

TrapandJup wrote:
Malakai20 wrote: https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/179233

BlackOak2's Quick-Links

Awesome thank you! Here is my rehomable horse https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3442012

Perfect! Just put Wally up for offers and I'll bid 80k on him.

Then there should be two horses in that paddock I linked that are up (all six in that paddock are yours); just offer $1 and I'll accept :D
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
TrapandJup wrote:
Perfect! Just put Wally up for offers and I'll bid 80k on him.

Then there should be two horses in that paddock I linked that are up (all six in that paddock are yours); just offer $1 and I'll accept :D
Okay awesome, put Wally up and will offer now!
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

TrapandJup wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Perfect! Just put Wally up for offers and I'll bid 80k on him.

Okay awesome, put Wally up and will offer now!
Perfect! I've put an offer on Wally and have put another two horses up!
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
TrapandJup wrote:Hi! I have been looking for ways to help the community and regain my motivation for this game, and I would love to assist with your project! I have been playing this game for quite some time but honestly never really gained any quality experience breeding so far, so I am a bit of an amateur, but I would be more than willing to give this a crack and see what happens!
Brilliant! I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I already have the spare fillies and colt for you otherwise I'll ping you again in a few days when I do have them :D :D :D just make sure you have a rehomeable horse so that I can give you the 80k!
Hayyyyy! I have so far gotten four foals, they’re looking great! I think they look a bit more refined than their parents which is amazing :D. It’s going really well so far! I lost my grinder just now so it’s gonna take longer for me to keep breeding but I will get there!
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

TrapandJup wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Brilliant! I'll take a look tomorrow to see if I already have the spare fillies and colt for you otherwise I'll ping you again in a few days when I do have them :D :D :D just make sure you have a rehomeable horse so that I can give you the 80k!
Hayyyyy! I have so far gotten four foals, they’re looking great! I think they look a bit more refined than their parents which is amazing :D. It’s going really well so far! I lost my grinder just now so it’s gonna take longer for me to keep breeding but I will get there!
I went and had a look at the foals and they look good :D :D

Do you need any help getting another grinder?
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
TrapandJup wrote:
I went and had a look at the foals and they look good :D :D

I am not really sure where to find one so that would be helpful!
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

TrapandJup wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: I went and had a look at the foals and they look good :D :D

I am not really sure where to find one so that would be helpful!
So, generally Arabians are often bred and trained as grinders so you should be able to find grinders by searching for Arabians int he market between 3 and 10 years old, and last I checked, they should cost 40-60k fully trained but that was a few years ago so I think that might have increased. A grinder should have at least 55k HGP and no negative comments. You can probably find grinders now in other breeds.

Like https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3262342

Sometimes, you'll find topics in the sales forum that are people selling grinders.

Like viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38067
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm