The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Guide Book

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

Guide Book

Post by Shady Maple Stables »

Hello, i was trying to change one of my mares to a Clydesdale but it said i needed to get a Guide book plus i am new too... since i didn't know, i looked in the markets i still don't know where to find one. :evil: :x
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Guide Book

Post by BlackOak2 »

WhiteBrookHorseRanch wrote:Hello, i was trying to change one of my mares to a Clydesdale but it said i needed to get a Guide book plus i am new too... since i didn't know, i looked in the markets i still don't know where to find one. :evil: :x
Please remember to post questions in the questions sections (you actually posted in the guides forum).

To answer your question, first I must ask or assume that you're not trying to change the breed of your mare, but produce a clydesdale out of your mare.

The books for breeds are located in the market, under book store.

However, it doesn't appear you have the ingredient horses to make the clydesdale. You do have a number of clydesdale crosses.

Remember, once you have a guide book, even if you have just one, you will still need to highlight it then click evaluate.

Does this answer your question?
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

You answered my question thx.I was trying to change my horse! :lol: but the guide book is the Clydesdale book?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WhiteBrookHorseRanch wrote:You answered my question thx.I was trying to change my horse! :lol: but the guide book is the Clydesdale book?
It depends on what you're trying to do.
If you're trying to develop a new breed (not meaning your own personal breed), the breed books can help you understand what you need for your recipe horses. In order to figure out what recipe you need, visit the breeds wiki (it's found under the help menu on the left).

If you're looking for learning about the game in general, then visit the guides forum and find a guide most suited to what you're trying to learn about. There is a lot of different aspects about the game and our guides go from generalized, a-little-bit-of-everything all the way down to very specific, in-depth parts of the game.

A good one to visit for newbies in their first few days is the Quick Start Guide For Newbies (especially if you get stuck in the first day or two). Once you've learned the basics in your first week and have a handle on how to get around, you should visit the more extensive 'Extensive User Guide'. That guide will give you the look and lay of the land while it gives you some crash courses in such things like feeding your horses, what stats are and evaluations.
Shortly after that, you should understand enough to figure out what your first, personalized goals on the game should be. There are a number of other guides to help you along if you need any during your first goals.

The community is here to help, so don't get discouraged. We may not be immediate at answering your questions, but we attempt to get to them in a timely manner. Remember to ask questions in the questions forum. (After you click on help guides, go into Gameplay Questions & Help)
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

Ok, another thing, can i move one of my horses to a different pasture? :roll: :cry: :?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WhiteBrookHorseRanch wrote:Ok, another thing, can i move one of my horses to a different pasture? :roll: :cry: :?
Of course.
A lot of what you do to or for a horse is done on the horse's profile page. Scroll down and to the left of the screen (to the right of side menu), you will see the area of where the horse is homed. From here, you can move it from pasture to barn to pasture to wherever, as long as you have room.
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

Thank You!
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

If i put my colt for stud will i be able to keep the horse still?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WhiteBrookHorseRanch wrote:If i put my colt for stud will i be able to keep the horse still?
If you put up your horse for stud and not for sale, you keep the stud, but the owner of the mare that breeds to your stud will be the owner of the foal that's born (except when the mare is sold before birth, then it's whoever the current owner of the mare is).

As the game is now, the owner of the mare at time of birth becomes the owner of the newborn foal.
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

OK thx. BlackOak, do you have any horses for sale?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 am