Community Forum

Rare Breeds?

abby0500
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Rare Breeds?

Post by abby0500 »

I am new to the game, there are a lot of breeds listed in the horse sales page but there are not any horses listed. How do I get one of the more rare breeds?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Rare Breeds?

Post by BlackOak2 »

abby0500 wrote:I am new to the game, there are a lot of breeds listed in the horse sales page but there are not any horses listed. How do I get one of the more rare breeds?
First, welcome to the game.
Second, don't forget to cruise through the help, guides section, there are a lot of topics that can get you started and answer your immediate questions.

We aren't a huge community, so there are still a lot of breeds out there with limited populations.
There are two ways you can get these horses, either snatch one up that goes up for sale or breed one yourself.

Also try searching for non-pure versions of the breeds you're looking for, half, part and mixed rare breeds also will come up for sale once in awhile.

Perhaps one of the easiest ways to breed one yourself, is to find a really nice grade horse and search for a rare breed at stud, then produce a half offspring of the rare breed and eventually you'll have a purebred again.
Two things to keep in mind with this tactic: First COI (Coefficient of Inbreeding) has no affect right now in the game, so you can breed brother and sister together without worrying about negative effects. And Second, it takes something like 5 to 7 generations (or quicker) to breed back to purebred (it will show as the breed with a 100% behind it).

Any other questions, let us know.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:15 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:15 pm