Community Forum

Fascinating

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Carbon_Monoxide
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Fascinating

Post by Carbon_Monoxide »

Glittery Blood Stain

This is a very weird colour, LP, 1/2 Champagne, Might Grey, this is a very strange colour. Can spotted horses grey though? I am very confused. I would love some help if possible, thanks.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Fascinating

Post by Nazarach »

Carbon_Monoxide wrote:
Glittery Blood Stain

This is a very weird colour, LP, 1/2 Champagne, Might Grey, this is a very strange colour. Can spotted horses grey though? I am very confused. I would love some help if possible, thanks.
He seems to be a normal Bay with LP; Graying is also likely because he already has his adult coat (without the grey he shold have looked somewhat like this http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1238315). Later he will varnish as he is graying but I dont know what will beginn earlier but he should end up gray with a mostly whiteish mane cause of varnish
If someone has another idea I would also be interested to hear as his coloring is indeed interesting :)
HorseGirlUDI
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGirlUDI »

Carbon_Monoxide wrote:
Glittery Blood Stain

This is a very weird color, LP, 1/2 Champagne, Might Grey, this is a very strange color. Can spotted horses grey though? I am very confused. I would love some help if possible, thanks.
I have a horse that had a very similar coloring. Here's the link to him: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/997820
If you look through his pictures you can see the process of his graying. Glittery Blood Stain could go through the same process, although since neither of her parents did, she may not. I would say she's a bay with a blanket.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

HorseGirlUDI wrote:
Carbon_Monoxide wrote:
Glittery Blood Stain

This is a very weird color, LP, 1/2 Champagne, Might Grey, this is a very strange color. Can spotted horses grey though? I am very confused. I would love some help if possible, thanks.
I have a horse that had a very similar coloring. Here's the link to him: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/997820
If you look through his pictures you can see the process of his graying. Glittery Blood Stain could go through the same process, although since neither of her parents did, she may not. I would say she's a bay with a blanket.
HorseGirlUDI your horse isn't greying it is Varnishing due to the Lp gene. Your horse was born with foal mealy, that disappeared at 1 year, at which time he got his adult color.

Carbon_Monoxide, horses with Lp gene can certainly grey (actually any horse color/modifier can grey), grey horses are born their adult coat, grey usually starts after their foal coat is blown at 1 year, with grey goggles.

Lp Varnishing and Champagnes lightening of the coat over time can often get confused with greying.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:46 pm