Community Forum

Colour? Looks perlino but has hazel eyes

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Colour? Looks perlino but has hazel eyes

Post by Aliw1995 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Colour? Looks perlino but has hazel eyes

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aliw1995 wrote:...
I want to agree with you. Either double cream or cream pearl. However, the eyes are tiger expressions. Or at least that's what I want to say.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Colour? Looks perlino but has hazel eyes

Post by Silverine »

Aliw1995 wrote:
He is perlino with tiger eye. :)

Expanding upon that - feel free to read this or skip it at your own discretion:

If you look back through your horse's pedigree the only dilutions either of his parents carry are cream and tiger eye.

His sire is labelled as perlino champagne but is actually only perlino. Neither of the sire's parents had champagne that they could have given him (the sire was smoky grulla and the dam was buckskin) so he does not have it. He does, however, have tiger eye and cream from both parents. Because he is a double cream he can not have pearl.

His dam is a buckskin. Because she has one cream she can not hide pearl, and since it is not showing we know she does not have it. (She also does not have champagne, though that doesn't look like it was ever in question on her.) However she does have tiger eye.

Therefore, as the your horse's sire was a double-cream tiger eye we know he got one cream and one tiger eye gene from that side. His mother was tiger eye as well so we now know that he is homozygous for tiger eye. Looking at your boy we can see he is too light to be a single-dilute so we need to look for the second dilution. The only possibility is a second cream from mom. As such we can deduce that he is double cream on bay with tiger eye. (E? A? CC tt) :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm