Community Forum

Color Confusion

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Color Confusion

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Help, y'all! I'm not sure what colors these two are. I was initially thinking variations of gold cream (maybe a dun factor I'm missing?), but I don't know if that's anywhere near correct. They're similar, but not the same.. What do you guys think?

Boarding

Chromometer
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color Confusion

Post by BlackOak2 »

Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help, y'all! I'm not sure what colors these two are. I was initially thinking variations of gold cream (maybe a dun factor I'm missing?), but I don't know if that's anywhere near correct. They're similar, but not the same.. What do you guys think?

Boarding

Chromometer

Boarding
I think that this horse has a hidden pearl in his pedigree, but I don't think he inherited it. I believe he inherited creams from both parents and one champagne. I also think it's on a chestnut base.
However I'm not strong on my dilutes.
I would suggest that he may be a cremello champagne.

Chromometer
This one is even more difficult for me.
Definitely has champagne, I also think the light eyes are caused by a single tiger eye and not cream. You could be right, this horse might be affected by the dun gene. Plus I also agree that there does seem to be at least one cream gene included. I think that it's on a chestnut base, but I'm not sure.
So, Gold Cream dun?
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Thatgirlwhorides wrote:Help, y'all! I'm not sure what colors these two are. I was initially thinking variations of gold cream (maybe a dun factor I'm missing?), but I don't know if that's anywhere near correct. They're similar, but not the same.. What do you guys think?

Boarding

Chromometer

Boarding
I think that this horse has a hidden pearl in his pedigree, but I don't think he inherited it. I believe he inherited creams from both parents and one champagne. I also think it's on a chestnut base.
However I'm not strong on my dilutes.
I would suggest that he may be a cremello champagne.

Chromometer
This one is even more difficult for me.
Definitely has champagne, I also think the light eyes are caused by a single tiger eye and not cream. You could be right, this horse might be affected by the dun gene. Plus I also agree that there does seem to be at least one cream gene included. I think that it's on a chestnut base, but I'm not sure.
So, Gold Cream dun?
Boarding is gold cream dun (chestnut + cream + champagne + dun). His sire is smoky cream (black + 2 cream) and his dam is amber dun (bay + champagne + dun). He gets the slightly "off" coloring from his dun gene. Since the sire could not have pearl I went searching through the dam's pedigree for evidence and could not find anything.

Chromometer is simply gold champagne (chestnut + cream + champagne). He's just a slightly lighter shade of it than his mother.
Thatgirlwhorides
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Thatgirlwhorides »

Thank you so much for the help, y'all! I was going crazy trying to figure this out! :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 7:46 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:46 pm