Community Forum

Some kind of silver dapple?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Rylie II
Visit My Farm

Some kind of silver dapple?

Post by Rylie II »

Can anyone shed some light on what color this lady might be? I thought she was going to turn out to be a silver dapple, but she hasn't shown any dapples and looks different than the others I've seen.

meganamber2
Visit My Farm

Re: Some kind of silver dapple?

Post by meganamber2 »

Rylie II wrote:Can anyone shed some light on what color this lady might be? I thought she was going to turn out to be a silver dapple, but she hasn't shown any dapples and looks different than the others I've seen.

I believe she's a silver black dun.. I have a horse that looks a lot like her except his dorsal stripe is a lot more visible..
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

meganamber2 wrote:
Rylie II wrote:Can anyone shed some light on what color this lady might be? I thought she was going to turn out to be a silver dapple, but she hasn't shown any dapples and looks different than the others I've seen.

I believe she's a silver black dun.. I have a horse that looks a lot like her except his dorsal stripe is a lot more visible..
In my opining she seems very very lightly dappled - and silver sometimes has a pangaré/mealy pattern as well - it could explain the lighter areas, so I think she very likely is indeed a silver black
...but then silvers are not my forte so I could also be wrong :/
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Looks like a Black Silver, the brownish tinge seems to be caused by the cream gene in my experience. Has mealy and sooty for sure.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:00 pm

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:00 pm