Community Forum

Confusing Apaloosa Stud

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Kingsley
Visit My Farm

Confusing Apaloosa Stud

Post by Kingsley »

I've gotten pretty good at looking at my pedigrees to figure out my horses' colors, but I admit I haven't messed much with leopard complex yet. I did however recently use this stud and got an interesting filly to feed into my TB lines. She doesn't seem to be appaloosa, but I'd love to have some insight on overall what color her sire is to add to my notes. Especially if anybody knows if she might carry any appy pattern to know what she might throw if she was bred to an appy.

Bullet Got Nation
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Confusing Apaloosa Stud

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Kingsley wrote:I've gotten pretty good at looking at my pedigrees to figure out my horses' colors, but I admit I haven't messed much with leopard complex yet. I did however recently use this stud and got an interesting filly to feed into my TB lines. She doesn't seem to be appaloosa, but I'd love to have some insight on overall what color her sire is to add to my notes. Especially if anybody knows if she might carry any appy pattern to know what she might throw if she was bred to an appy.

Bullet Got Nation
The horse in question is a Perlino with a single Lp gene (sharp edges)....her sire is a buckskin with 2 Lp genes (hence the roaned edges), the silver I'm not positive on as there is no foal picture to verify it.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Kingsley
Visit My Farm

Re: Confusing Apaloosa Stud

Post by Kingsley »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
The horse in question is a Perlino with a single Lp gene (sharp edges)....her sire is a buckskin with 2 Lp genes (hence the roaned edges), the silver I'm not positive on as there is no foal picture to verify it.
Ha, thank you. Bullet Got Nation is the sire, so it's good to know he's a perlino with a single LP versus a pearl. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 pm