The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Im new and need some help!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Tove
Visit My Farm

Im new and need some help!

Post by Tove »

My horse Tor is quite beautiful, but I have no idea what color he is. I've never seen anything like him irl and havent really gotten the hang of the dilutions yet :roll: My guess is black with champange dilution and snowflake pattern, but I think I might be waay of! Please help me! <3
Tor frá Valhalla
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Im new and need some help!

Post by Nazarach »

Tove wrote:My horse Tor is quite beautiful, but I have no idea what color he is. I've never seen anything like him irl and havent really gotten the hang of the dilutions yet :roll: My guess is black with champange dilution and snowflake pattern, but I think I might be waay of! Please help me! <3
Tor frá Valhalla
You are quite right ^^ He indeed is a classic champagne with Lp - Snowflake pattern in this case - as you stated. The foal pictures are very clear on that, he was born with grey/blue eyes that darkened with age, his mane was dark and the body was a slightly lighter tone. The freckles on his muzzle are the most obvious indicator for champagne - all other dillutions would lack them or make him much lighter in color. The varnish of Leopard complex will progressivly lighten his mane and feathers as well as his body - the areas not affected by varnish will darken to an ebony/dark brown shade.
So all in all you had him figured out correctly, congratz :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am