Community Forum

He seems unsure of himself...

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: He seems unsure of himself...

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:...
Yeah.
It's really a shame that we can't duplicate the horse during these 'weird' glitches and breed them to themselves! That may answer quite a bit of questions.

...the song 'I'm my own grandpa' comes to mind right now... :lol:

Looking at those foals and their mothers, I'm suddenly wondering if To is an incomplete dominant gene; it only takes one switch for it to show, but with two switches, the pattern is much greater. If that sire has a pattern gene, but no switches, and the dam only ever passes the one on, that could explain why certain patterns pop out so much less expression at times.

But I'm sure you recall I like talking myself into pseudo-theories! :roll:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
It's possible that's how HWO is coded, but I do know that that's not how it works in real life. If Larissa is planning on keeping To on the KIT gene then it would be a different variation of the KIT gene that controls the amount of white expression. Specifically, KITw20 is a pattern enhancer, increasing the amount of white displayed by the other pattern genes. I think there are more, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Also, not that I know how to do super-scripts in BBCode I'm going to have to start labeling my agouti correctly with A+ and At
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
It's possible that's how HWO is coded, but I do know that that's not how it works in real life. If Larissa is planning on keeping To on the KIT gene then it would be a different variation of the KIT gene that controls the amount of white expression. Specifically, KITw20 is a pattern enhancer, increasing the amount of white displayed by the other pattern genes. I think there are more, but I can't remember what they are right now.

Also, not that I know how to do super-scripts in BBCode I'm going to have to start labeling my agouti correctly with A+ and At
Thus, the To gene will remain a little more of a puzzle for me, at least for now. :D

Super-scripting the agouti? Eh, too much work. :roll: Besides, we have limited space in very many areas on here. But I do feel the need to be 'correct' as well. I just gave up on some areas quite some time ago.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: Thus, the To gene will remain a little more of a puzzle for me, at least for now. :D

Super-scripting the agouti? Eh, too much work. :roll: Besides, we have limited space in very many areas on here. But I do feel the need to be 'correct' as well. I just gave up on some areas quite some time ago.
I very rarely write enough in my descriptions to hit the character limit, and it has always bugged me to see something Ata rather than Ata. But I'm super picky about that stuff. :lol:
♡♥♡
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by ♡♥♡ »

Silverine wrote:Edit: Here's his glitched image:

Just picked up this boy from the AC:

He seems unsure as to his color. :lol: I'd think amber champagne if it weren't for that mane. So what do you think, glitched amber champagne, or gold champagne with sooty?
probably glitched amber champagne
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 am

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 am