Community Forum

Plume?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Gaagii
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Plume?

Post by Gaagii »

Okay I'll chime in.

General expression
The 'plume' gene I believe is incomplete as mane is separate to tail, mane/tail is separate to fetlocks. You can get horses with just mane or just mane/tail and no fetlocks.
As I said on the first page of here there appears to be three types of expression - high, normal and low.

This is a fully expressed plume with mane, tail & fetlocks
and with feathers Image

Plume versus Lp expression
You gotta keep an eye on your foals - if they don't have fetlocks - as they mature to tell the difference between the two as Lp can make the mane lighten before the body from what I've seen.

This is a plume + Lp horse
Image baby
Image 1 year
Image 3 years
Image 13 years
You can see when Magic is 1 year old he has typical fallen over (high) plume expression as a foal.

This is another plume + Lp horse.
Here you can see her mane at 1 year is obviously plume while her tail isn't. If she were Lp, from what I've seen, both should be lightened together
Image 2 years & tail has caught up
Image 13 years

Bay Points vs Silver Fetlocks
Silver fetlocks affects black not red hairs.
If a horse has silver the bay points either entirely lack or are diluted. The silver fetlocks can, like the bay points, extend quite far or remain close to the fetlocks themselves.

This is an example of a silver fetlock + diluted bay points
Image 10 years

This is an example of silver fetlock - bay points
Image 4 years

This is an example of weaker silver fetlock

This is an example of the weakest silver fetlock

Silver Fetlock Expression
As blackoak2 said the silver overlaps everything on the fetlock.

As you can see the pangare is cream while the silver fetlock is actually a sort of metallic silver/greyish-white.

Out of all the horses asked the only one I see as obvious plume is the last one (Skunk) stick mentions. I maybe wrong as I've gotten so used to high expression plumes in my own herd I am missing low expression ones.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

I recently stumbled about this horse in the studmarket, but was a bit surprised;
he seems to have 'plume', both in mane and tail, but his feetlocks appear to be without any of the silvering - instead it his upper legs are somewhat off color; is this from plume or does metallic also lighten/overlap with plume?
[there are no good photos, so here's just the url]
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/8588
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:I recently stumbled about this horse in the studmarket, but was a bit surprised;
he seems to have 'plume', both in mane and tail, but his feetlocks appear to be without any of the silvering - instead it his upper legs are somewhat off color; is this from plume or does metallic also lighten/overlap with plume?
[there are no good photos, so here's just the url]
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/8588
Sometimes these buckskins have these weird knees and hocks. Sometimes I think it's related to pangare and other times I think it's not.
In my opinion: plume horse (very early version of it), but the knees and hocks are not from plume, rather just an unusual variation of buckskin.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Sometimes these buckskins have these weird knees and hocks. Sometimes I think it's related to pangare and other times I think it's not.
In my opinion: plume horse (very early version of it), but the knees and hocks are not from plume, rather just an unusual variation of buckskin.
Didn't even notice the number till you mentioned it ^^' but good to know, intersting how such an heavy plume can disappear when the mane 'falls over'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Didn't even notice the number till you mentioned it ^^' but good to know, intersting how such an heavy plume can disappear when the mane 'falls over'
Yeah, I find it very interesting as well. I'm sure we're far from being alone in our interest as well. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Yeah, I find it very interesting as well. I'm sure we're far from being alone in our interest as well. :D
indded, regarding the popularity of the topics whenever there are 'new' developments in Gaagis research :3
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: Yeah, I find it very interesting as well. I'm sure we're far from being alone in our interest as well. :D
indded, regarding the popularity of the topics whenever there are 'new' developments in Gaagis research :3
I do enjoy reading them!
Actually, I enjoy reading a lot of what happens in the forum... the good things anyway! :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: I do enjoy reading them!
Actually, I enjoy reading a lot of what happens in the forum... the good things anyway! :D
True enough, I'm someone that mostly lurks quietly in the project-topics section ^^'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: I do enjoy reading them!
True enough, I'm someone that mostly lurks quietly in the project-topics section ^^'
Ah-ha!
I noticed. 8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Totina
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Not to mess with your discussion and theories about this but I honestly don't think the plume gene is even in the game yet. I have noticed that lightening of the legs, mane and tail in some horses but it only affects wild bays not regular bays. The plume gene would not affect only wild bays if it existed in the game as it doesn't in real life. For a regular bay with lighter mane/tail it is due to the LP varnish and will become more pronounced with age.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 2:24 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:24 pm