Community Forum

Champagne Pearls...???

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Champagne Pearls...???

Post by Ziel »

Little stumped on the color of these horses - I suspect they have champagne and pearl, and two appear to have a bay base... but I don’t have much experience with pearls, so I’d appreciate some opinions here! :lol:

Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Champagne Pearls...???

Post by Silverine »

Ziel wrote:
The first two are amber cream (bay + champagne + 1x cream). They are both descended from this perlino ancestor with a clear line of single creams leading directly to them.

The third is correctly identified as a perlino champagne.

Just a point to remember - pearl can not hide in the presence of cream. If there's cream in the pedigree but no evidence of pearl (and no direct links to apparently un-diluted AC NABs), it usually fairly safe to assume that pearl is not present.
Ziel
Visit My Farm

Post by Ziel »

Silverine wrote:
Ziel wrote:
The first two are amber cream (bay + champagne + 1x cream). They are both descended from this perlino ancestor with a clear line of single creams leading directly to them.

The third is correctly identified as a perlino champagne.

Just a point to remember - pearl can not hide in the presence of cream. If there's cream in the pedigree but no evidence of pearl (and no direct links to apparently un-diluted AC NABs), it usually fairly safe to assume that pearl is not present.
Thank you - I believe you are correct! I guess for some reason I thought the top two weren’t Amber Cream for... some... reason?? But I can see they are now! :lol:
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Ziel wrote: Thank you - I believe you are correct! I guess for some reason I thought the top two weren’t Amber Cream for... some... reason?? But I can see they are now! :lol:
Yeah, champagne can cause some really effects on coats, especially when you add cream. To be fair, I did look through pedigrees, etc, to make sure my first thought was correct. Didn't want to just assume anything. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 8:53 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:53 am