Community Forum

What is going on here?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

What is going on here?

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

There’s Ann odd spot on this horses neck. If you can’t find it for some reason, then I have a picture in his gallery of it.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2174999
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Re: What is going on here?

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Do you mean how it's dark sorrel and then roan and then gray? She's a rare coloration IRL not as rare in game, I think she's a Red Roan Leopard Appaloosa
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote:There’s Ann odd spot on this horses neck. If you can’t find it for some reason, then I have a picture in his gallery of it.

I also, with Katy_Kanes, am not sure what exactly you're referring to.
What I see, all the spots and marks, they're all from the leopard complex genes. I do see a light singular mar, something like a finger-print there on her neck. So if you're referring to that little, lone spot... yes, it's something that Leopard Complex will do.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

BlackOak2 wrote:
RoyalCrownAcres wrote:There’s Ann odd spot on this horses neck. If you can’t find it for some reason, then I have a picture in his gallery of it.

I also, with Katy_Kanes, am not sure what exactly you're referring to.
What I see, all the spots and marks, they're all from the leopard complex genes. I do see a light singular mar, something like a finger-print there on her neck. So if you're referring to that little, lone spot... yes, it's something that Leopard Complex will do.
[/quote="Katy_Kanes"]ping[/quote]

Hmmmm. Maybe it’s just from where I’ve never seen it before. Thank for the answers!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

RoyalCrownAcres wrote: Hmmmm. Maybe it’s just from where I’ve never seen it before. Thank for the answers!
Remember, for future reference, that leopard complex varnish will (among other things):
Reveal hidden spots and freckles on a horse as it ages.
Hide spots that are in fact, NOT true spots as a horse ages... or also reveal them. These are pseudo-spots.

Pseudo-spots are the result of the patterns of the leopard complex and where it doesn't quite cover.

Since this is a spot that appears to have 'suddenly' appeared as the horse has aged, that could mean that there was a previous pattern over-laying the horse in that area. It can also mean that it's a light non-patterned area that as the varnish comes in to that area and is darkening the coat, it's making the light area reveal that it's not a white-area at all, but a coat-colored area.

Varnish does some wacky things at times, lightening and darkening as the horse ages, interacting with sooty in unique ways and even mimicking roan and the graying gene.

The one thing varnish does quite well, other than giving us cross-eyes at times, is revealing everywhere of the Lp patterning genes under a partial-body coat color. So we can use the age progression to help us in breeding in, or breeding out the spots.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am