Community Forum

What colour is this lovely mare?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
meganrose55
Visit My Farm

What colour is this lovely mare?

Post by meganrose55 »

{MRA} Spotted Pumpkin

im stumped with the proper colour terms anyway but i really have no idea about this one! normally i dont bother but with her im really intrigued!
Currently focusing on producing Kathiawari and Marwari breeds :)

selling alot of horses to make room ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What colour is this lovely mare?

Post by BlackOak2 »

meganrose55 wrote:
im stumped with the proper colour terms anyway but i really have no idea about this one! normally i dont bother but with her im really intrigued!
Gold champagne dun with tiger and double Lp.

Champagne causes the freckling and on a chestnut turns it golden colored. Tiger eye is the eyes. The snowflaking and blanket are both caused by the Lp. And the dun, has lightened her body color a bit more, creating a slightly dusty effect. She'll likely end up looking a lot like her sire as she ages.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
meganrose55
Visit My Farm

Post by meganrose55 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
meganrose55 wrote:

Champagne causes the freckling and on a chestnut turns it golden colored. Tiger eye is the eyes. The snowflaking and blanket are both caused by the Lp. And the dun, has lightened her body color a bit more, creating a slightly dusty effect. She'll likely end up looking a lot like her sire as she ages.
good genes to pass on looking at her though! thank you!
Currently focusing on producing Kathiawari and Marwari breeds :)

selling alot of horses to make room ;)
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
meganrose55 wrote:

Don't forget the flaxen. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Elaina Brewster
Visit My Farm

Post by Elaina Brewster »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Raikit wrote:
... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
Definitely has flaxen, to bad it doesn't show on the legs as that would be pretty stunning
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: ... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
Yeah, flaxen can be tricky on the gold champagnes. Here's a post I made about it back when I was still a newbie.

On a different topic: it's hilarious to go back through my old posts and see how much I didn't know that I now take for granted as common knowledge. :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
Yeah, flaxen can be tricky on the gold champagnes. Here's a post I made about it back when I was still a newbie.

On a different topic: it's hilarious to go back through my old posts and see how much I didn't know that I now take for granted as common knowledge. :lol:
Ai-eeh-Yeah!
It's that moment that I feel really stupid and the comment crosses my mind... 'Yeah, I really did say, do that. What an idiot I was.' :lol:

:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm