Community Forum

One of those hard to decipher colors...

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Andraste
Visit My Farm

One of those hard to decipher colors...

Post by Andraste »

Right now, I'm leaning toward Silver Wild Dunskin Pangare (aka Mealy Silver Wild Dunskin), but the dapples are throwing me off since they usually only appear on silver blacks to my knowledge. However, the dun stripe and the brown tinge at the base of the tail make me think it's might be bay under all though dilutions?

Her sire is a greying out smoky black (E_ aa Gg nCr).
Her dam is a silver wild bay dun (E_ A+_ Dd Zz).
Horsey8866
Visit My Farm

Re: One of those hard to decipher colors...

Post by Horsey8866 »

Andraste wrote:

Right now, I'm leaning toward Silver Wild Dunskin Pangare (aka Mealy Silver Wild Dunskin), but the dapples are throwing me off since they usually only appear on silver blacks to my knowledge. However, the dun stripe and the brown tinge at the base of the tail make me think it's might be bay under all though dilutions?

This is going to be a very short answer but im not the best at colours. But im positive the dapples make it a silver dapple. Hope that helps
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Andraste wrote:

As far as I know, it's the same as you said. The dapples do only appear on black-based horses, but can also appear on grulla (black dun) and the dilutions as well (pearl, champagne...).
So taking that information, I'd personally say she'll shed out to either a dappled silver black or a dappled grulla. So, no agouti was passed on. However... if she carries any dilutions... that may make her coat dapple in a much brighter coloration. I don't see any though, but colors aren't my forte.

Nice looking filly.
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Andraste wrote:

Speaking from experience with silver, dun, and black bases - she is definitely a silver grulla. It's possible she is also smokey, but the silver makes it hard to tell. Nevermind. I looked at her newborn picture and the reddish tint to her baby coat means she does not have cream. So to go with her parents she is (E_ aa gg Dd Zz nn).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 pm