Community Forum

Help me color type this gorgeous Belgian filly.

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Help me color type this gorgeous Belgian filly.

Post by JillJessie1997 »

||EC|| Cream Puff

Her mom is a mealy chestnut, I don't think she inherited anything from her to be honest. Her father on the other hand, yeah. Her base color looks similar to his (smoky cream?) I think she has two cream genes + champagne due to the dark eyes and pale freckling around her muzzle/eyes (going by the color guide). And of course, she has an extended blanket with what looks like to be some snowflakes appearing :D
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Help me color type this gorgeous Belgian filly.

Post by Silverine »

Your mare is a gold cream with appaloosa spotting. Gold cream is chestnut plus one cream plus champagne. Her sire is actually a cremello champagne snowcap that is mis-named. As far as the number of cream genes goes - your mare's mother did not have any cream. Therefore, even though her sire has two the most this mare would ever have is one. Also having dark eyes means that she is not a double-dilute - double creams or cream+pearl will have light eyes. And the freckling is caused by champagne. :)
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Re: Help me color type this gorgeous Belgian filly.

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Silverine wrote:Your mare is a gold cream with appaloosa spotting. Gold cream is chestnut plus one cream plus champagne. Her sire is actually a cremello champagne snowcap that is mis-named. As far as the number of cream genes goes - your mare's mother did not have any cream. Therefore, even though her sire has two the most this mare would ever have is one. Also having dark eyes means that she is not a double-dilute - double creams or cream+pearl will have light eyes. And the freckling is caused by champagne. :)
Thank you! :D I'm so bad with these dilutes xD
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 am