Community Forum

More Pearl Shenanigans

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Raikit
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: More Pearl Shenanigans

Post by Raikit »

Totina wrote: I have not yet experimented with pearl + champagne that much but I think she is too dark to be apricot champagne. I think that double pearl + champagne can give lighter coloured manes on black horses as well, just as a double cream + champagne on a bay horse will give lighter mane and tail.
Here are the ones that I have that I am at least 90% certain on:

Sable Cream Pearl

Silver Classic Cream Pearl Varnish

Classic Cream Pearl Roan

Classic Pearl Snowflake Varnish

Classic Pearl

Pearl + champagne seems to turn black pigment into gray-ish white. Because of that and the fact that the filly was more light brown-ish gray I guessed that she was red-based.
Totina
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: More Pearl Shenanigans

Post by Totina »

Raikit wrote: Here are the ones that I have that I am at least 90% certain on:

Sable Cream Pearl

Silver Classic Cream Pearl Varnish

Classic Cream Pearl Roan

Classic Pearl Snowflake Varnish

Classic Pearl

Pearl + champagne seems to turn black pigment into gray-ish white. Because of that and the fact that the filly was more light brown-ish gray I guessed that she was red-based.
Maybe so, it has been a long time since I experimented with pearl. The only way to really test is to breed to horses without any dilution genes and different colours to confirm what genes the horse has. On double pearl horses this will be a bit easier since you will only end up with a champagne + any other gene that the horse is carrying (if the other horse is not a pearl carrier).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 12:58 pm

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:58 pm