Community Forum

Greying on Gold Champagne

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Greying on Gold Champagne

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Not dun, but still gold (just a lil darker shade of gold) and champagne like her mom.
I picked the Gold Champagne as the base color as she has a chestnut base from her dad, who's a greying on chestnut....she also got the greying factor from him too, she was born solid colored and is greying out as indicated by her eyes.
I think I'm spot on with this one, but there are plenty of horses I own that I've color typed and wasn't even close to being right, so yeah.... :lol:
Stand up for what's right even if you're standing alone.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Greying on Gold Champagne

Post by BlackOak2 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:

Not dun, but still gold (just a lil darker shade of gold) and champagne like her mom.
I picked the Gold Champagne as the base color as she has a chestnut base from her dad, who's a greying on chestnut....she also got the greying factor from him too, she was born solid colored and is greying out as indicated by her eyes.
I think I'm spot on with this one, but there are plenty of horses I own that I've color typed and wasn't even close to being right, so yeah.... :lol:
You certainly seem to be right. I agree with you on her color. I think she also carries the appaloosa varnish and is already starting (that's why I think she looks a little dun-like to me).
Raikit
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

You certainly seem to be right. I agree with you on her color. I think she also carries the appaloosa varnish and is already starting (that's why I think she looks a little dun-like to me).
She may have varnish, but she is also dun. :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
She may have varnish, but she is also dun. :)
Danged dun! LOL
You know, between dilutes and duns... I don't know, dun may be as hard to tell as what dilute it is in some cases.
Of course, in this one, it's both. Hah! :D
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

I wouldn't have thought she was dun but I zoomed in on her back and I can see a little chestnut stripe. You and Raikit are right, she's dun too :P
Raikit
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

JillJessie1997 wrote: I wouldn't have thought she was dun but I zoomed in on her back and I can see a little chestnut stripe. You and Raikit are right, she's dun too :P
In her case it's actually easier to tell by looking at her knees. They are several shades darker than the coat on her upper legs.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Raikit wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote: I wouldn't have thought she was dun but I zoomed in on her back and I can see a little chestnut stripe. You and Raikit are right, she's dun too :P
In her case it's actually easier to tell by looking at her knees. They are several shades darker than the coat on her upper legs.
I have horrid eyesight so I couldn't see that. xD
Raikit
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Raikit wrote:
I have horrid eyesight so I couldn't see that. xD
Oh, sorry, I forget that not everyone is sensitive to colors like I am. :lol:
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
Raikit wrote:Ping
Got another one....this one's mom is classic champagne with varnish and her dad is a mealy palomino blanket. when this girl turned 1 I put her down as a smoky black as she was lighter around her muzzle, yet black everywhere else, and she was born dark grey. Now as I use my turns she is lightening back to the color she was born....is there a sun effect on horses' coats in this game (sun faded, etc) or is she really a dark brown? She kinda looks like a darker version of classic champagne but she doesn't have champagne, so....

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
Got another one....this one's mom is classic champagne with varnish and her dad is a mealy palomino blanket. when this girl turned 1 I put her down as a smoky black as she was lighter around her muzzle, yet black everywhere else, and she was born dark grey. Now as I use my turns she is lightening back to the color she was born....is there a sun effect on horses' coats in this game (sun faded, etc) or is she really a dark brown? She kinda looks like a darker version of classic champagne but she doesn't have champagne, so....

All horses with the Lp gene (leopard complex), will varnish. So regardless of adult coat at one year, they will begin to lighten as they age.
Although I think this filly is also displaying that bronzing that affects only black coats with the leopard complex gene. Bronzing is described quite thoroughly and well (I didn't understand bronzing either), by Silverine near the bottom of the fist page in theLeopard Pattern discussion.
Though I don't know if she inherited a single cream gene, I can at least agree that she is definitely black.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 6:04 pm

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:04 pm