The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Rebel Ranch Log

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Rebel Ranch Log

Post by Southerngal »

RR
Welcome to the Rebel Ranch Official Log!
Presented to you by Southerngal
The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beuaty, spirit, and freedom. -Sharon Ralls Lemon
We have almost forgotten how strange a thing it is that so huge and powerful and intelligent an animal as a horse should allow another, and far more feeble animal, to ride upon its back. -Peter Gray
Hi! I'm Southerngal, breeder of the rare and beautiful horses! Well, getting there at least. I am currently breeding Friesians and Colorado Rangers! (I gave up on the breeding quests)

If you want to...
Buy a horse? http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 57#p133857
Look at my statistics? Click the Visit My Farm button!
Chat? Ping me in General Chit Chat!
Ask me to breed, train, ect. ect.? Ping me here!

Progress with Friesians:
I think I'm doing pretty well, honestly. My horses have 60k+ HGP, and at least 1 gold (the ones I'm keeping at least). Physically, they look awful- no realistic Friesian characteristics in my eyes. Then again, I'm a perfectionist.
Progress with Colorodo Rangers:
Well, I didn't have to go back 25 generations to start breeding them, so hurrah! :lol: I have the generation that should create a Colorado Ranger right now, so let's all hope!
Edit: My smart self has just realised this is not true. I do not have a Spanish Barb. Which is what I am currently trying to create. Not a Colorado Ranger. I'm sad now :roll:

Future Projects?
Don't even ask. I'm tearing my hair out just with the CR horses, omg

Prices on Studs and Horses?
I price my horses based on multiple things. For selling horses, it is
  • Looks (1k for ok, 2k for good, 3k for great)
  • HGP (500 for low 50k, 1k for high 50k, 1500 for low 60k, 2k for high 60k)
  • Gold and Green (Around 500-1k each gold, and 0-500 for greens)
  • Training (Low training isn't added, high training usually adds about a 1k price to the total)
  • Sometimes lineage (If appllicable, the price addition for this can be up to 1k)
Studs:
Studs are most often less than 5k. I don't usually base them off anything other than what I would what and what I think they can produce. Considering one of my studs has sired 27+ foals, I think I'm doing pretty dang good with whatever it is I'm doing.

My brand for Friesians and other horses will be 'SG'. For Colorado Rangers, it will be RR. Don't ask why. I just want to.

I have a fairly short fuse guys, sorry. It just gets on my nerves when people are hypocrites on here, and other stuff. But hey! I can hold myself in. If not, I'm just going to ignore you for the rest of your life. Passive aggressiveness is down over here y'all 8-)

(...I don't know how to do a farm log, or why I'm even doing it. I just got bored, lol. Tell me if I'm missing something? Thanks y'all!)
Last edited by Southerngal on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Re: Rebel Ranch Log

Post by Southerngal »

8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Southerngal wrote: Well, I didn't have to go back 25 generations to start breeding them, so hurrah! :lol: I have the generation that should create a Colorado Ranger right now, so let's all hope!

I have a fairly short fuse guys, sorry. It just gets on my nerves when people are hypocrites on here, and other stuff. But hey! I can hold myself in. If not, I'm just going to ignore you for the rest of your life. Passive aggressiveness is down over here y'all 8-)

(...I don't know how to do a farm log, or why I'm even doing it. I just got bored, lol. Tell me if I'm missing something? Thanks y'all!)
I am a little bit scared to reply to your log, because maybe you will get upset :P :P

But i wonder how it is going? So i'll take a chance 8-)
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

8arbarossa wrote:I am a little bit scared to reply to your log, because maybe you will get upset :P :P

Lol, I'm not gonna get mad about that at all! I'm actually happy you replied. It's just the straight up annoying, rude, hypocritical, and stupid people who get on my nerves. And about how it's going, it's going ok so far- I have a lot of 3 and 4 evals (even though I managed to get a Grade Horse) and I don't have, like, all colts as I had for like 2 real weeks straight with my Friesians :lol: I'm going to start breeding once the horses get to that age. Good hopes so far! Let's see how frusterated I get with the attempts :D
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Southerngal wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:I am a little bit scared to reply to your log, because maybe you will get upset :P :P

Lol, I'm not gonna get mad about that at all! I'm actually happy you replied. It's just the straight up annoying, rude, hypocritical, and stupid people who get on my nerves. And about how it's going, it's going ok so far- I have a lot of 3 and 4 evals (even though I managed to get a Grade Horse) and I don't have, like, all colts as I had for like 2 real weeks straight with my Friesians :lol: I'm going to start breeding once the horses get to that age. Good hopes so far! Let's see how frusterated I get with the attempts :D
Yeah sometimes it takes a lot of breedings.. myself i am trying to get a Arab x NAB, but i keep getting Baladis, in the meanwhile my other horses get old and die :oops:
A short while ago i was breeding an Andravida, both parents scored 5 on the breed but it still took a loooooong time.
(ofcourse its not necesary to score 5 om both parents, but thats what i aim for most of the time)

Do you want specific conformation in your CR horses? you wanna do western with them? or dont you care at this time? special colours perhaps?
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

8arbarossa wrote:Yeah sometimes it takes a lot of breedings.. myself i am trying to get a Arab x NAB, but i keep getting Baladis, in the meanwhile my other horses get old and die :oops:
A short while ago i was breeding an Andravida, both parents scored 5 on the breed but it still took a loooooong time.

Do you want specific conformation in your CR horses? you wanna do western with them? or dont you care at this time? special colours perhaps?
Oof, that's tough :? And right now, I want my CR's to be on the taller end of the scale, and to be not too light, but not too heavy, which I feel might be a little hard. I was planning on just doing whatever fit them, but my goal is some western type, since they were developed for that in a sense. For color, I would like to have appaloosa coloring, but probably just a blanket over some dark or bay coat, I'm not a fan of leopard patterns. All of this after I actually breed one :lol:
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Southerngal wrote:
8arbarossa wrote:Yeah sometimes it takes a lot of breedings.. myself i am trying to get a Arab x NAB, but i keep getting Baladis, in the meanwhile my other horses get old and die :oops:

Oof, that's tough :? And right now, I want my CR's to be on the taller end of the scale, and to be not too light, but not too heavy, which I feel might be a little hard. I was planning on just doing whatever fit them, but my goal is some western type, since they were developed for that in a sense. For color, I would like to have appaloosa coloring, but probably just a blanket over some dark or bay coat, I'm not a fan of leopard patterns. All of this after I actually breed one :lol:

Sounds good! I am sure you will succeed!

I thought i had a CR horse stored, but i guess i sold it some time ago
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

8arbarossa wrote: Sounds good! I am sure you will succeed!

I thought i had a CR horse stored, but i guess i sold it some time ago
Thanks! And I thought I would succeed as well, until I realized that all my work right now is for a Spanish Barb... :lol: Imma do this!
Hopefully
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila2517 »

Southerngal wrote:

Hi Southerngal! If you would be interested; I have some 5 eval Friesians in my pastures and on my second account I have one up for stud. (Lila25172). Just let me know if you would be interested.
Southerngal
Visit My Farm

Post by Southerngal »

Lila2517 wrote:Hi Southerngal! If you would be interested; I have some 5 eval Friesians in my pastures and on my second account I have one up for stud. (Lila25172). Just let me know if you would be interested.
Thanks for the offer! But I think I'm good for now, if I breed the right horses, the goals come out pretty good.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am