Community Forum

N4 Neons Little Ponies

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

N4 Neons Little Ponies

Post by Neon4 »

N4 Neons Little Ponies

Hi I'm Neon4 and I'm trying to breed a herd of little ponies.
My goal:
* Breed them all at the height of 20" or under
* Make them all have a long thick mane and tail, with a little feather
* Breed in a wide range of colours and patterns
* Remove all reds from my lines
* Get greens in Intelligence and Agility
* Have good or average stats in Strength and Stamina
* Have no negative stats
* Make them all super cute!

Breed Standards:
Height: Must not exceed 20 inches
Build: Medium to Medium Heavy Pony Type
Colour: Every colour known in horses. A pony with a more unique and pleasing-to-look-at colour is preferred.
Coat: The mane and tail should be long and thick. The horse must have some feather, but should not go higher than a 3rd of the way up the cannon bone. (It should be minimal.)
Head: The head should be compact, and in proportion. Ears should be in good proportion, not small or big. Eyes should be bright, intelligent and not small, with no 'dimple' above the eye. Muzzle must be small and compact. Cheek must be shorter lengthways but also not too rounded, with a small 'jaw bulge'. The pony should have a straight face, or with a slight dish. If the face and muzzle is compact enough there could be a slight roman nose, but not obvious.
Body: The neck should be strong and well proportioned. The body should be strong and compact. The highest point on the hip should be at the same height as the highest point of the wither. The loin should be strong and hold up well. The pony must have a nice strong top-line, and a well defined wither.
Legs: The legs should be strong, muscular and thick. They must hold the pony up well and not appear at all awkward or gangly. The pony should look as if it would never trip or lose it's balance.
Feet: (I don't think this is needed, however I can add it in on request if it is.)
General: The pony must appear robust and hardy. The overall body should be compact, strong and well proportioned. The most important factor though, is that the pony must be cute! Any person must be able to look at the pony and think it is cute.

About my Ponies

My ponies generally range in height from 15" to 18" when fully grown. Most of my ponies have both the Appaloosa pattern and the Cream gene. I have a few greys, bays, silver dapples and champagnes also. I am working on getting some pure black ponies, however this will be difficult to do because I am so fussy on their stats. My ponies are so small that they don't eat much and I can easily put 12 adults on 20% pasture(or sometimes less) and they easily remain fat, so you will have no problem with them complaining about being hungry!
Show Ponies:

N4 Apple Crumble
When he was first born I fell in love with his beautiful colouring and decided to train him and show him to show him off a little. He got a Grand Champion title in In-Hand Jumping, which made me even more proud to own him. This was the start of the Show Ponies! He also had Green Balance.

N4 Fireworks

N4 Espresso

N4 Rhubarb
He is very a missed pony due to doing very well in shows, being the most adorable beautifully coloured pony and being very fluffy! His sire is an outside stallion, meaning he was a means of expanding the gene-pool of my herd without reducing quality. He produced very many foals in his life time and won the highest title of In-Hand Jumping, Supreme Master Grand Champion. He had Gold Intelligence and a GP of 54k!

N4 Stardust

N4 Pixie
Being the very first mare to be accepted as a show pony, she is a very special one to me. She has not been shown much as of yet and doesn't have particularly high stats compared to other ponies born at the same time. Hopefully she will retire with at least one title. She has Green Intelligence.

N4 Bumble Bee
This colt was selected due to his colour and high stats. He has won all of his first 12 shows even though he was not yet fully trained, and I hope for him to win many many more. He has Green Agility and Gold Intelligence, with a GP of 58k!

N4 Hurricane
Hurricane is a lovely Champagne Roan on Wild Bay base and has had a fluffy mane and tail since the age of two. He has Gold Agility and Gold Intelligence, with a GP of 59k!

[/center]

N4 Galaxy
This stallion is a son of N4 Bumble Bee. He's a gorgeous Golden Palomino and he also happens to carry the Silver gene! He has Green Agility, Green Balance and Gold Intelligence, with a GP of 59k!

[/center]

N4 Spartan
Spartan comes from a long line of show ponies with his sire and grandsire being N4 Galaxy and N4 Bumble Bee respecitvely. He is Diluted Silver Seal Brown, which gives him a lovely chocolate colour. He has Gold Balance and Gold Intelligence, with a GP of 59k!

[/center]

N4 Zorro
Zorro is a descendant of a pony I was given as a gift, Fancy Feet. I have made an effort to preserve this pony's line, and as you can see it is really thriving! His base colour is Bay however he may yet go Grey or Appaloosa. He has Green Stamina, Green Agility and Gold Intelligence, and is the first foal of mine with a GP of 60k!

[/center]

I'd love to know your opinion on how these little ponies will look, and let me know any ideas you have to make them better and cuter!

Useful Places
Pony Raffle
Show Ponies

Thank you for reading/looking at my farm log, please comment and give your opinion/ideas/advice! :D
I am thinking of naming this breed, however i have no idea what to name it, any suggestions would be very welcome!

These little ponies can be sold, so if you like a few of them please let me know and I can try and breed more like that, or just sell them directly to you!

There is a Free Raffle for these little ponies! It is closed for now due to lack of interest but if you would like to see it up and running again please express your interest on there.

Donations and help to train is always welcome :)
Last edited by Neon4 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 am, edited 109 times in total.
Wish
Visit My Farm

Re: N4 Neons White Spots

Post by Wish »

Very pretty, love the customs.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Re: N4 Neons Little Ponies

Post by Neon4 »

I'd really love some opinions and new ideas on what is cutest on the little ponies! Let me know what you think!
Xant’hippe
Visit My Farm

Post by Xant’hippe »

Ponies are delightful! Yours are amazingly small, too -- and with lovely colors and markings. Long fluffy manes and tails are a great look, especially if they contrast with the coat.
There's something about fetlock tufts or feathers that I find appealing on ponies and draft horses -- again, bonus if they contrast with the coat or leg color. Neons Spooky Flag has a wonderful frosted look (pale body and dark stockings) with tiny white fetlock tufts. And N4 Sporty Granite 206135 has nice feathers.
And some of them come in pink! (OK, brown or red roan): Neons Fine A Gold and Neons Brave from the Leader.
Another look: dapples! remember "Merrylegs" the pony in "Black Beauty"? Seems as if this marking is rarer than spots now.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1538 (that number is correct. Foundation Shetland in the Stallions at Stud market)

Thanks for the tour of your farm (lots of oohs and aahs). I hope this reply is useful.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

Xant’hippe wrote:Ponies are delightful! Yours are amazingly small, too -- and with lovely colors and markings. Long fluffy manes and tails are a great look, especially if they contrast with the coat.
There's something about fetlock tufts or feathers that I find appealing on ponies and draft horses -- again, bonus if they contrast with the coat or leg color. Neons Spooky Flag has a wonderful frosted look (pale body and dark stockings) with tiny white fetlock tufts. And N4 Sporty Granite 206135 has nice feathers.
And some of them come in pink! (OK, brown or red roan): Neons Fine A Gold and Neons Brave from the Leader.
Another look: dapples! remember "Merrylegs" the pony in "Black Beauty"? Seems as if this marking is rarer than spots now.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1538 (that number is correct. Foundation Shetland in the Stallions at Stud market)

Thanks for the tour of your farm (lots of oohs and aahs). I hope this reply is useful.
Thank you so much for the comment and suggestions! I personally love the little fetlock feather that is on Neons Spooky Flag, she's definitely my favourite despite the fact that she is the biggest of them all. But if you like her, you should have seen her mother! Little Snowflake was the cutest pony and she had a little bit of appy with dark spots in it too!
I'm definitely going to try and add in some dapples, unfortunately they are hard to find, let alone on the right size pony!
- I bred my smallest available mare to the stallion you showed me, hopefully i'll get something cute and small! :)
Amber
Visit My Farm

Post by Amber »

Very adorable. Thank you for sharing!
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

I have this mare that has a very red mane and tail, I was actually just wondering if anyone knows what colour she is? If you know please let me know :)
Thanks
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

About Empire Truce, the filly with very red mane and tail: Red roan -- roan gene operating on chestnut. Roan makes the body and neck paler; as with E.T. there, the legs, face, mane, and tail stay the original color.

N4 Boston Point, the brightly-colored filly (above), has matured to an exquisite mare. (Maybe a little too delicate to be an authentic pony; she makes a lovely Miniature, no matter what the pedigree says.) She may be Sooty or Smoky (shading on body, mane, and tail); she is certainly Silver Bay Roan.
Neon4
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon4 »

These little ponies can be sold, so if you like a few of them please let me know and I can try and breed more like that, or just sell them directly to you!

My ponies are so small that they don't eat much and I can easily put 12 adults on 20% pasture(or sometimes less) and they easily remain fat, so you will have no problem with them complaining about being hungry!

I am also holding a Free Raffle for these little ponies! It may be closed for now due to lack of interest but if you would like to see it up and running again please express your interest on there.
Last edited by Neon4 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Stallions at Stud 12 hh or less, gray or gray-appearing as adults*:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/166081 Intergalactic Charger AC Shetland, 27 inches $99

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/436511 FT Steadfast Cross, grade, 2 golds 1 green $1500

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/121812 Arctic Light, half Shetland, $500

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/440416 SPR Bug Watcher, Shetland, $500

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/423021 KHX Kalab (Thoroughbred x Navarrin Horse) (blue roan) $1 (one dollar)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/412525 Fudge Mittins (a rare silver dapple!) AC Shetland $199

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/403705 Widow's Bane, Mongolian, $500

... and that's just the 3 top pages of a 21-page search result, limiting stallions by height. There is quite a range of breeds including AC Caspians and Tarpans, and tiny Thoroughbreds.

These 2 guys are rose-gray -- that is, they are reds in transition. Welsh Mountain Ponies, a rare breed:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/111772 ☪ Random Knot $300 (base: red roan or chestnut)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/110720 ☪ Interstellar for Hoofprints $300 (base: bay)
-------------------------------------------------
* Some duns and roans are brown, chestnut, or bay while immature. Color genetics are complicated!
-------------------------------------------------
:) Not gray but he's exquisite and a Grand Champion -- the tiny Arabian, Toy Prince (dunalino)
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/400174 $10,000 and worth it. Proven talent and HGP 45K
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm