Community Forum

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Zalarisa
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by Zalarisa »

I'm not sure if this will help, but maybe instead of trying to downgrade horses to 10,000 gp (seeing as it is not working) start with new horses (make a whole new stock just for the achievement?) and upgrade them to 10,000gp.

Or breed your lowest gp horse to an adoption centre horse & its kid to another one until you get there?

I have some adoption centre stallions if you want to use them to help your breeding project.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Zalarisa wrote:I'm not sure if this will help, but maybe instead of trying to downgrade horses to 10,000 gp (seeing as it is not working) start with new horses (make a whole new stock just for the achievement?) and upgrade them to 10,000gp.

Or breed your lowest gp horse to an adoption centre horse & its kid to another one until you get there?

I have some adoption centre stallions if you want to use them to help your breeding project.
All adoption center horses range in HGP from 25000 to 37000 (give or take). You'll be hard pressed to find 25000 adoption center horses. They exist, but most of them come out at between 30000 to 34000. So breeding UP to 10000 HGP doesn't really work. One has to breed DOWN to 10000 HGP.

I have started a new infusion line already, that's what the most recent low GP project post was for. I'm looking to weaken certain traits that I'm having difficulty with.

This is an example of what I'm producing right now:

HGP 10959

If you take a look at her pedigree, you'll see I've been producing similar low HGP horses for quite a few generations. It's just difficult, like trying to breed 7 gold horses. or 6 gold and 2 green. It's just difficult.
It seems as if certain genes for certain types OR certain breeds are unable to offer anything lower than certain numbers for specific traits. So one needs to breed other types or other breeds back in to help break that sequence. At one point, I had serious problems with strength. I was able to break that sequence, but I'm still having trouble with speed, agility and balance.
I just need to find the right combination of traits and AC horses to break those few traits and I'm working on it.

Thank you for your offer and help though, I appreciate it.
Zalarisa
Visit My Farm

Post by Zalarisa »

(Embarrassed :oops: due to misreading and thinking there were more 0s involved [even in the quest].)

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know the range of the adoption centre horses hgp!
My offer to help is still open if you need it :)
I wish you luck with this interesting challenge!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Zalarisa wrote:(Embarrassed :oops: due to misreading and thinking there were more 0s involved [even in the quest].)

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't know the range of the adoption centre horses hgp!
My offer to help is still open if you need it :)
I wish you luck with this interesting challenge!!
It happens to all of us at times. ;)

Some additional information that may interest you is that we do have a cap to the upper end of the HGP. Although I don't recall it offhand, it's up there in the 80000 range. It's just like the lower end of the cap. Although I don't know (I don't think any of us know, but I could be wrong), the lower end is capped at or somewhere just above the 0 HGP mark. We could theoretically breed horses into the mid to low 5000's, which is what I would like to get. Well below the 10000 mark.

Thank you!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Dauntless Project

So, there was a failure in the ability to create more of these horses while avoiding or breeding out those that have the energy issues.
I have other projects that need tending to as well as frustrations over the death of the first bloodline of this project, so it will be put on the back burner and left to simmer for now.

I will be revisiting it again, with new AC stock blood for a second attempt and also to see if the energy issues is not just from some weird breeding problem with the previous lines but in fact some sort of programming flaw in the feeding requirements area.

The Dauntless Project is on hold for now.

Resurrection Of Project
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Leopard Tarpan Project
List of returnees into project.
These are from my own lines that have been sold, have produced offspring from other AC stock and are of acceptable appearance and genes to return into the project.

Quarrel: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1891877
Scepter: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1891879
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

honeybunny wrote:
Hey Black Oak!
I am fine with it taking a while... but I need him. I am more than willing to put another horse in training with TS... but I need Wild Fire! As to finding a current trainer... I have plenty! BDE is my close friend on here and Royale has been training as my Private Trainer. I also have Little Cookie! I am normally not a rushing person... but Wild Fire is a gift for a friend and I need him in 2 days... As to pay I am quite willing to pay 5K for the training done... and waive the $500 boarding fee for his horse Firefly! Also I was incorrect about the horses age... he was 5...
I'm happy that the matter appears to be finished and has been so peacefully.

Good luck to you and also to TrainingServices.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

BlackOak2 wrote:
honeybunny wrote:
Hey Black Oak!
I am fine with it taking a while... but I need him. I am more than willing to put another horse in training with TS... but I need Wild Fire! As to finding a current trainer... I have plenty! BDE is my close friend on here and Royale has been training as my Private Trainer. I also have Little Cookie! I am normally not a rushing person... but Wild Fire is a gift for a friend and I need him in 2 days... As to pay I am quite willing to pay 5K for the training done... and waive the $500 boarding fee for his horse Firefly! Also I was incorrect about the horses age... he was 5...
I'm happy that the matter appears to be finished and has been so peacefully.

Good luck to you and also to TrainingServices.
This is what I told TS on their training forum:
(Poor kid... I think I was a little to mad... XD... I'm Irish so when I am mad I am like a bomb exploding!)

Ok Training... I am going to be patient... I understand being busy... And broke! XD! Sorry if I seemed like I was attacking you! I am just semi frustrated about Wild Fire not being complete, because that stallion means a lot to me! For reasons that nobody could understand. So here is the deal... I need Wild Fire, because of a previous commitment , that I would have him finished by 7/1/19! So if you 99% sure you can finish him by then please do so! If you don't think you can... I am not going to give up on your training! We all start somewhere and often those starts are bumpy! I get it, im 26! I have a filly that you can train for me at your leisure! I don't have plans for her right now... but need her trained! Would you be willing to make that trade? I will pay 1/2 price on Wild Fire because he is 1/2 done. Would you feel comfortable with that?
I apologize if I hurt you... I was just kinda frustrated!
Thank you!
Honeybunny
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

honeybunny wrote: This is what I told TS on their training forum:
(Poor kid... I think I was a little to mad... XD... I'm Irish so when I am mad I am like a bomb exploding!)

Ok Training... I am going to be patient... I understand being busy... And broke! XD! Sorry if I seemed like I was attacking you! I am just semi frustrated about Wild Fire not being complete, because that stallion means a lot to me! For reasons that nobody could understand. So here is the deal... I need Wild Fire, because of a previous commitment , that I would have him finished by 7/1/19! So if you 99% sure you can finish him by then please do so! If you don't think you can... I am not going to give up on your training! We all start somewhere and often those starts are bumpy! I get it, im 26! I have a filly that you can train for me at your leisure! I don't have plans for her right now... but need her trained! Would you be willing to make that trade? I will pay 1/2 price on Wild Fire because he is 1/2 done. Would you feel comfortable with that?
Thank you!
Honeybunny
Either way it's been satisfied. Or at least it appears to have been satisfied.

Remember, it takes all of us as a community to keep the community as a peaceful state. But it does appear that you have done that as well.
So thank you. :D

By the way, if your 'irish' blood is bothering you when you get upset, there are ways to work on it. Many of us have fixed or have learned to deal with it. :P

After all, it's about communicating, not exploding... unless of course the object was to raze the entire area... which in certain cases, I could certainly be for. :twisted:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
honeybunny
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

BlackOak2 wrote:
honeybunny wrote: This is what I told TS on their training forum:

Thank you!
Honeybunny
Either way it's been satisfied. Or at least it appears to have been satisfied.

Remember, it takes all of us as a community to keep the community as a peaceful state. But it does appear that you have done that as well.
So thank you. :D

By the way, if your 'irish' blood is bothering you when you get upset, there are ways to work on it. Many of us have fixed or have learned to deal with it. :P

After all, it's about communicating, not exploding... unless of course the object was to raze the entire area... which in certain cases, I could certainly be for. :twisted:
XD... I have learned to control my irish anger... My 5 year-old and my many IRL horses have taught me that much! XD! I am trying to keep everything peaceful... so that nobody is super hurt! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:27 pm