The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Lp Experiment - AC Horse Edition

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Lp Experiment - AC Horse Edition

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
I'm just saying that if we already have the PATN2 that covers everywhere on the chestnut, wouldn't that be enough to use to find the PATN1? Or do we have to get the coverage on black?
If that is how we can locate the PATN1 gene, then, yes, just having the chestnut would, or should work just fine. But that is just a theory.

I don't know if that is how we can find it. But given what admin has offered to us, this is the conclusion I have.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Silverine wrote:
I'm just saying that if we already have the PATN2 that covers everywhere on the chestnut, wouldn't that be enough to use to find the PATN1? Or do we have to get the coverage on black?
If that is how we can locate the PATN1 gene, then, yes, just having the chestnut would, or should work just fine. But that is just a theory.

I don't know if that is how we can find it. But given what admin has offered to us, this is the conclusion I have.
Can you find where admin said that? I'm just curious, not doubting you. I looked through the announcement post but didn't see anything that suggested it to me.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Can you find where admin said that? I'm just curious, not doubting you. I looked through the announcement post but didn't see anything that suggested it to me.
In Totina's post about bugged leopard patterns.

"It was found that black based horses tender to have less white coverage than red based horses. I've simulated this in the game as well. All black based horses have a harder time reaching full leopard pattern, BUT it is still possible to get a black based leopard appaloosa. I walked through the code myself and manually verified this before starting this post as I wanted to be sure I was answering correctly. It's hard, I'll give you that for sure, but not impossible. You just have to have the right combination of PATN (pattern) genes to get a high enough white coverage. Some pattern genes give you large boosts of white, like PATN-1, while others only give smaller amounts of white boost.
You most certainly will have to cross with multiple bloodlines to collect up all the patn genes, a closed breeding group is much more likely to just keep tossing around the same few patn genes and since the actual pattern your seeing in your horses is so similar I'd suspect that's what's happening in your herd. I would try to cross with other high white black based horses to increase your chance of collecting enough of the patn genes."

I didn't think you were doubting me. We depend on each other to remember things that we all can't recall every time. It's actually one of the reasons I try to answer all the questions our new players come up with. It keeps the information bright and sharp so that I can recall it, instead of constantly searching for the information (sometimes I have memory recollection issues).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 am