Community Forum

Earth Creek Ranch [closed]

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Re: Earth Creek Ranch

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
You're getting all the good luck now! :lol: I'm glad for you!! Great job on everything!! Sorry I haven't been answering promptly, I should hopefully be on more today!!
Hahah it's okay! I've been busy while you've been offline! And I like having good luck <3

One of my Danish mares dropped a 5* colt today.

The future champion is now a stallion and 409.6% trained. He's now showing both in hunters and cross country. He wins 1st places straight across the board in level 9 hunters and level 6 cross country, and has earned me 447 pony tokens from 421 (so close to premium again!).
For true competition, he has $4,821 total earnings from hunters and cross country. $3,218 earnings in hunters showing at level 4 now with 148 points (almost 200 to be a champion!) 47.4% wins---4 3rd places, 3rd 2nd places and 2 1st places. For cross country he has $1,160 total earnings showing at level 2 with 29 points--63.6% wins---5 3rd places and 2 1st places. I entered him in more hunter and cross country shows today, we'll see how he does! I keep training him between the shows of course, cuz ya know, more training the better they perform.

Oh....and don't yell at me for this, but I bred him to his grandma (Straight to the Moon). They both have great genetics and I wanted to see if I could enhance them by doing some interbreeding. Here's their colt:

There are no negative or average comments in his breeding report anywhere. He is 5* carrying 5 golds 1 green (another six stat :D) and a genetic potential of 68,573. I bred his grandma to him again to see what a filly from their mating is like.
Oh, and if you want to check him out, here's the lovely stallion that's almost a champion in Hunter:

Hmm I think I covered every thing that I was super excited to tell you about, but if I remember something I'll let you know! :lol:

EDIT:
Got another 4* QH filly foal on the ground! She's sired by the dappled stud of yours and out of my tall mare Diamond Candy....and she's a palomino, adorable <3 GP 47,937 and a gold intelligence.

EDIT #2 (8/9/17):

Another 4* QH filly! No reds, 40,413 hgp. Looks like she'll be a sooty palomino (going by her legs being darker than the rest of her). She is sired by your stud Not a Lil' Storm and out of my tall mare Diamond Candy who has earned her retirement. Miss seeing you on btw :(

Another edit 8/9/17:

Got another filly with 4* in height! Last foal for my short QH. No reds, 43,408 hgp....and what a beautiful baby she is <3

CONGRATS on your 5* Danish filly! I've missed being on too :(
Lol I won't yell at you for inbreeding :P I've actually done it before :shock: It's nice to be able to get a really good foal sometimes!
Why are you getting all the luck now!? :lol: :lol: THREEE 4* fillies! Congrats! I think my mares will start dropping today, crossing my fingers I will have some good foals for a change!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:CONGRATS on your 5* Danish filly! I've missed being on too :(
Lol I won't yell at you for inbreeding :P I've actually done it before :shock: It's nice to be able to get a really good foal sometimes!
Why are you getting all the luck now!? :lol: :lol: THREEE 4* fillies! Congrats! I think my mares will start dropping today, crossing my fingers I will have some good foals for a change!
Thank you! :D
I used inbreeding quite a lot for the Belgian project as I found it really enhanced the amount of spotting on their coats.
And if it makes you feel better, I started getting lots of good luck with my Quarter Horses yet bad luck really hit me hard for my Danish project. All 2*'s, and one N/A for another. I got impatient so went ahead and crossed the filly (who btw, is actually 3*, the Danish colt is the one who is 5* :lol:) with my 6 gold Arabian, decided not to worry about evaluation scores until later down the road. She's already dropped a 50% Danish x Arabian filly who has 49k+ hgp and a gold intelligence, no average or neutral comments in the report, and has been bred again to the same stud.
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:
You have a lot again to read in the ping before this one so I'll make this also sweet and to the point....

My future champion hunter colt now stallion just got his first Champion title in hunter! :D
Almost got him fully trained (503.1%) and hoping he gets a title in cross country! Showing great potential so far! His earnings total from both disciplines is $10,472 right now :D
So proud!

Wow I am SO PROUD of you!!!! What else can I say!!?? Except, I wish I could be on more :(
I'm actually gone 3 hours of the day now so not on like I was before either.
He's now nearly fully trained, up for stud with a $3000 fee (already have had a couple mares bred to him too ;)) and is showing in now show jumping alongside the hunters and cross country. He's better at show jumping than cross country actually, which is 3rd down the record.
110 points in Show Jumping, 90 more and he'll have a champion in that discipline, compared to 88 points in cross country. $25,069 earnings total, $10,579 from hunters, $7,298 in show jumping and $7,192 in cross country with more to come as he completes his training. :D
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

Meadowlark Gold's first daughter whom rates 4* for Quarter Horse carrying a gold intelligence, green agility and a genetic potential of 49,913. Sired by my partner's stallion Not a Lil Storm :)
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
I know you might not be on later to see this message but isn't she pretty? <3
By the way, my stallion is now a Champion +, he earned his title in show jumping. Almost has it for cross country. Over $30k in earnings so far with more to come, and he has completed his training for the most part (I can't get them to 99.9% :lol:)
I have another colt I'm training, my second all 6 gold Arabian with 70k+ HGP. When he dropped I entered him into level 5 endurance shows and he placed 1st straight across, so am training specifically for that discipline. Yes, as a NEWBORN with no training at all, he placed 1st in level 5 shows :D
Wish you could get be on more. :(
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:

Meadowlark Gold's first daughter whom rates 4* for Quarter Horse carrying a gold intelligence, green agility and a genetic potential of 49,913. Sired by my partner's stallion Not a Lil Storm :)
cassietaylor27 wrote:ping
I know you might not be on later to see this message but isn't she pretty? <3
By the way, my stallion is now a Champion +, he earned his title in show jumping. Almost has it for cross country. Over $30k in earnings so far with more to come, and he has completed his training for the most part (I can't get them to 99.9% :lol:)
I have another colt I'm training, my second all 6 gold Arabian with 70k+ HGP. When he dropped I entered him into level 5 endurance shows and he placed 1st straight across, so am training specifically for that discipline. Yes, as a NEWBORN with no training at all, he placed 1st in level 5 shows :D
Wish you could get be on more. :(
I really wish I could be on more too!! I'm really sorry :( I am hoping that once my shift changes I can be on more! I would understand if you would want to stop being partners since I'm never on.... I will try to be more now! Thank you so much for your patience!
Please keep me updated on your projects I love to hear everything you are up to!
I am so proud of your Champion + stallion!!!! :) :D Congratulations!
Remember the Quarter filly that surprised me at local shows? Well, she won 1st place on her very first reining competition! So proud of her! I am going to start training her in earnest and enter her in more competitions and see what happens!!!
Meadowlark Gold's daughter is amazing, so pretty!!! <3
And CONGRATS on your newborn soon-to-be Endurance champ!
I am so happy because my mare dropped a 5* Quarab filly <3
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:I really wish I could be on more too!! I'm really sorry :( I am hoping that once my shift changes I can be on more! I would understand if you would want to stop being partners since I'm never on.... I will try to be more now! Thank you so much for your patience!
Please keep me updated on your projects I love to hear everything you are up to!
Remember the Quarter filly that surprised me at local shows? Well, she won 1st place on her very first reining competition! So proud of her! I am going to start training her in earnest and enter her in more competitions and see what happens!!!
Oh no, I don't want to stop being partners, I understand real life calls you sometimes! You gotta make money! I'm going to school for my GED which gets me out of the house for 3 hours now so I'm not on 24/7 like I was before either.
I'm working on breeding a couple of my first seven stat Arabians and besides the 2 I'm training, I'm starting to get burnt out. Really itching to move onto another project, maybe creating a new breed (like the Appaloosa Pacer I made up) or some of the more uncommon breeds like Paso Finos or another Warmblood. I bred one of my six stat mares to a Arab with seven stats (and a green in movement :P) She has a positive comment in movement, so fingers crossed.
Speaking of Warmbloods, I revamped my Danish project. I rehomed the colt but kept the Danish mare to cross to my Arabians and am using the "Danish Warmblood II" pasture to create a batch of Danish colts that already have high HGP and better stats to cross back to pure later on. I'm starting with a Thoroughbred broodmare I bought last night whom I've crossed with a Frederiksborg stallion to produce fillies of that cross that I can breed with [good] Trakehners on the market to get the colts. It's the last bit of the recipe to create Danishes: [Thoroughbred x Frederiksborg] x Trakehner. I think this way will be much easier :D

The Champion stallion is now a GRAND CHAMPION in Hunter with two Champion titles in show jumping and cross country. I've also entered him into endurance now just for giggles and grins, I've entered him into two so far due to lack of endurance competition, but he has a 100% win. :P Total earnings from all disciplines is $38,941. I raised his stud fee to $5000 due to the titles he's earned and he's had a few takers :mrgreen:
And congratulations on your filly! Hope she does superb for you! Maybe you'll get your own champion :D I'm not going to start training and competing my Quarter Horses until I have their evaluation score and better breeder's reports cemented in. Could take a few generations, but with the way I play shouldn't be very far off. :P
Thank you for the compliment on Meadowlark Gold's filly! She is a beauty isn't she <3 She's sired by your Not a Lil Storm stud and looking at his baby photos, she looks identical to him at the age, so I think she'll start showing dapples too! :D
Congrats on your 5* filly! :D

Edit:
I actually went a head and checked on Meadowlark's daughter, she is 1 year old now and you can see DAPPLES! :D I updated her picture. It should show on the post you responded to!
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:I really wish I could be on more too!! I'm really sorry :( I am hoping that once my shift changes I can be on more! I would understand if you would want to stop being partners since I'm never on.... I will try to be more now! Thank you so much for your patience!
Oh no, I don't want to stop being partners, I understand real life calls you sometimes! You gotta make money! I'm going to school for my GED which gets me out of the house for 3 hours now so I'm not on 24/7 like I was before either.
I'm working on breeding a couple of my first seven stat Arabians and besides the 2 I'm training, I'm starting to get burnt out. Really itching to move onto another project, maybe creating a new breed (like the Appaloosa Pacer I made up) or some of the more uncommon breeds like Paso Finos or another Warmblood. I bred one of my six stat mares to a Arab with seven stats (and a green in movement :P) She has a positive comment in movement, so fingers crossed.
Speaking of Warmbloods, I revamped my Danish project. I rehomed the colt but kept the Danish mare to cross to my Arabians and am using the "Danish Warmblood II" pasture to create a batch of Danish colts that already have high HGP and better stats to cross back to pure later on. I'm starting with a Thoroughbred broodmare I bought last night whom I've crossed with a Frederiksborg stallion to produce fillies of that cross that I can breed with [good] Trakehners on the market to get the colts. It's the last bit of the recipe to create Danishes: [Thoroughbred x Frederiksborg] x Trakehner. I think this way will be much easier :D

The Champion stallion is now a GRAND CHAMPION in Hunter with two Champion titles in show jumping and cross country. I've also entered him into endurance now just for giggles and grins, I've entered him into two so far due to lack of endurance competition, but he has a 100% win. :P Total earnings from all disciplines is $38,941. I raised his stud fee to $5000 due to the titles he's earned and he's had a few takers :mrgreen:
And congratulations on your filly! Hope she does superb for you! Maybe you'll get your own champion :D I'm not going to start training and competing my Quarter Horses until I have their evaluation score and better breeder's reports cemented in. Could take a few generations, but with the way I play shouldn't be very far off. :P
Thank you for the compliment on Meadowlark Gold's filly! She is a beauty isn't she <3 She's sired by your Not a Lil Storm stud and looking at his baby photos, she looks identical to him at the age, so I think she'll start showing dapples too! :D

Edit:
I actually went a head and checked on Meadowlark's daughter, she is 1 year old now and you can see DAPPLES! :D I updated her picture. It should show on the post you responded to!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm

Post by JillJessie1997 »

cassietaylor27 wrote:
JillJessie1997 wrote:

Edit:
Hey I see that you quoted me but there's nothing to read. Is this a glitch or did you accidentally submit? :p

P.S.: Meadowlark Gold just foaled a colt sired by my stud Velvet Twilight Cowboy. He rates 4* in height with a gold intelligence and genetic potential of 51,863. :D

P.S.S: Twilight Candle foaled a colt sired by Not a Lil Storm. Also 4* in height with a gold intelligence, green stamina+agility and genetic potential of 51,546. :D

cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:
Hey I see that you quoted me but there's nothing to read. Is this a glitch or did you accidentally submit? :p

P.S.: Meadowlark Gold just foaled a colt sired by my stud Velvet Twilight Cowboy. He rates 4* in height with a gold intelligence and genetic potential of 51,863. :D

P.S.S: Twilight Candle foaled a colt sired by Not a Lil Storm. Also 4* in height with a gold intelligence, green stamina+agility and genetic potential of 51,546. :D

Ugh how annoying! I wrote out a whole paragraph but it doesn't show!! :shock: :oops: :evil:
cassietaylor27
Visit My Farm

Post by cassietaylor27 »

JillJessie1997 wrote:
cassietaylor27 wrote:

Wow, both colts look AMAZING!! I'm jealous :P
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm