Community Forum

Triple Title

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Ocean Jasper
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Triple Title

Post by Ocean Jasper »

Hello,

I have started doing a little competing, and was looking up the various titles in one of the Help Guides (I think from 2015). It mentioned there that a horse could win a Triple title by achieving titles in three related disciplines. I believe the following example was mentioned: Cross-country, Showjumping and Dressage (Eventing).

Is this a title which is still in use? If so, is there an equivalent triple for the Western disciplines?
Blue Rose Ranch
Visit My Farm

Re: Triple Title

Post by Blue Rose Ranch »

larissar wrote:There are actually 4 combined titles currently:

Dressage/Cross Country/Show Jumping
Driven Dressage/Marathon Driving/Obstacle Driving
Cutting/Reining/Working Ranch
Steeplechasing/Racing/Sprint Racing

I may consider adding in a few more in the future though :)
This was over 18 months ago so there may be others now, but I'm not aware of any.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Triple Titles are working... my public stud was able to earn the western one:

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/899664
Ocean Jasper
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ocean Jasper »

Thank you very much for filling me in! I don't know that I'd ever manage it, but it's something to aspire to...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ocean Jasper wrote:Thank you very much for filling me in! I don't know that I'd ever manage it, but it's something to aspire to...
It's decently easy as long as you have an adequate competition horse.

If you want to try your hand at it, take a look on the market and either find a horse that has already shown and offered a number of wins in a number of sports (especially for those that are a part of triple titles), or find a younger horse (untrained or trained) that has both parents that have strong competition records.

If you need some help trying to find one, I could offer that search help, or perhaps one of the other players that are currently breeding confirmed competition winning bloodlines may offer to sell you something you could use.

If you're breeding from scratch it's not too hard either (as long as you're not also breeding for other objectives like a certain breed or a certain look).
Take a couple horses (AC or otherwise), choose the competitions you want to compete in and only keep and breed those that offer talents in all or most of those competitions. It should only be a generation or two that your competition bloodline will start producing offspring that is better competing than your originals.
It also does pay to be a bit brutal with your goals, for instance if your original [male] was only able to pull one first and two seconds and your original [female] was able to pull three firsts and three seconds within ten competitions, make the offspring you keep for breeding purposes pull three or four firsts and five seconds within ten competitions, or even stronger than that.
Ocean Jasper
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ocean Jasper »

Hi BlackOak2,

I hadn't realized that you could breed a horse specifically for competition skills. I've been acquiring and breeding horses with the highest stats I can find, as well as genetic potential. I'm looking now at my two mares who are currently competing and find that they don't actually have much competition in their backgrounds (except that one is the dam of the other). So far one has 3 championships and the other has 2 (and very close to a third). This would give them each Working Ranch. However, Cutting and Reining will be much more difficult for them as they are not high in the stats required.

I'd like to go on working with them for now to see how far they can go. I'm afraid that my breeding program is far slower than you describe (I don't think in terms of generations yet), but now that I'm aware that competition success can be bred in I will think of putting my mares to proven winners and see if I can get there taking the long way round.

I really appreciate the help you're offering; I think it's amazing. I just don't think I'm there yet.

Then again... It would be an excuse to buy another horse...maybe strong in the English disciplines for a change...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ocean Jasper wrote:Hi BlackOak2,

I hadn't realized that you could breed a horse specifically for competition skills. I've been acquiring and breeding horses with the highest stats I can find, as well as genetic potential. I'm looking now at my two mares who are currently competing and find that they don't actually have much competition in their backgrounds (except that one is the dam of the other). So far one has 3 championships and the other has 2 (and very close to a third). This would give them each Working Ranch. However, Cutting and Reining will be much more difficult for them as they are not high in the stats required.

I'd like to go on working with them for now to see how far they can go. I'm afraid that my breeding program is far slower than you describe (I don't think in terms of generations yet), but now that I'm aware that competition success can be bred in I will think of putting my mares to proven winners and see if I can get there taking the long way round.

I really appreciate the help you're offering; I think it's amazing. I just don't think I'm there yet.

Then again... It would be an excuse to buy another horse...maybe strong in the English disciplines for a change...
Okay, so I don't know if you understand quite how skills versus discipline works yet. So I'll give you a quick breakdown. When you have a discipline, it offers four skills that are important to it. In order from left to right. The reason these are printed this way (in our help guides section) is because they are important and carry weight in this order (for some of the racing disciplines you'll see the speed skill written twice, this is because it is heaviest weighted and again weighted some more). So for the triple title for the western disciplines, they look like this:

Cutting Agility Intelligence Strength Speed
Reining Agility Strength Movement Balance
Working Ranch Intelligence Agility Balance Strength

So for two of them agility is weighted heaviest and intelligence for the third. If you look back at my stud: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/899664
You will notice that for Cutting he has red speed (speed still being weighted as an important skill, even if it's the least important of these four). And you will also notice that movement for Reining has a third placement weight (meaning it's more important than balance but less than strength).
The reason I'm offering these up is to show you that although it may be difficult to get there, it doesn't take much in some cases. Even a horse with red skills can still offer enough and have enough competition heart to incur enough points to get somewhere.

So: Don't give up entirely on your mares, they may do better in those other competitions than you expect them to.

You can get enough information (once you get used to reading it) from an untrained 1 year old in level 1 player made competitions to determine if you want to see where it goes, or whether it's not worth much of your time.
We all have to start somewhere and the levels help to even out the playing field.
Good Luck! (my offer will remain open)
Ocean Jasper
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ocean Jasper »

You know, you just opened my eyes, because I wasn't taking in all the information that was there. I didn't realize that a horse with red skills would be able to win in competition, much less do all that you did with your stallion. This is extremely encouraging, not only for my current mares but overall. For example, I've been conscientiously starting to train my first-generation Baladi and Akhal-Teke -- and maybe they will also succeed, even if it takes some patience.

I think that one of the reasons I post questions to the forum (embarrassingly often) is that so often you get not only an answer but also a bit of mentoring that gives you ideas and gets you going again. Thanks for being so generous with your time and experience!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ocean Jasper wrote:You know, you just opened my eyes, because I wasn't taking in all the information that was there. I didn't realize that a horse with red skills would be able to win in competition, much less do all that you did with your stallion. This is extremely encouraging, not only for my current mares but overall. For example, I've been conscientiously starting to train my first-generation Baladi and Akhal-Teke -- and maybe they will also succeed, even if it takes some patience.

I think that one of the reasons I post questions to the forum (embarrassingly often) is that so often you get not only an answer but also a bit of mentoring that gives you ideas and gets you going again. Thanks for being so generous with your time and experience!
This is what we're striving for. A good community playing a game that can be competitive but is also entirely playable in a non-competitive way (very good areas that level playing fields).

You got it now! Keep enjoying! :D and don't worry about posting questions. We've all had to move through the question stage.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 pm