Community Forum

Feeding problem?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
TouchOfClass
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Feeding problem?

Post by TouchOfClass »

I have had my colt SCS Malvedo
for a couple of turns now. I have fed him what he needs but whenever I go to the next turn, it says he doesn't eat enough feed for his energy. I have almost 60k so it can't be because I don't have the money for it.

Please help?
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Feeding problem?

Post by Bitapetrone »

If you look on the feeding panel you'll see the following (and I'll use your horse's values for the example)

Regular Feed: 6kg to 12.1kg -- This is the bulk/weight of the food you're feeding each turn. You have him on weight gain which is great for raising a horse's body score, as it provides a lot of calories without a lot of bulk. This allows you to supplement additional feed. In order for a horse to gain weight they need to be eating over their 100% requirement. Weight Grain and Performance Mix is the easiest way to achieve this if you're looking for quick weight gain as they are both fairly low bulk.

Max Feed: 17.1kg -- This is the max bulk your horse can eat per turn and probably what is causing you issues. If you're training a horse, or the horse is growing etc they will require the higher end of the spectrum of "regular feed" (See above. Note that those numbers are relative to what you are currently feeding, ie the Weight Gain Mix, and not a set number. Idle, your horse probably only needs the 6kg, but if he is put under physical stress he'd require closer to the 12.1kg each turn) to maintain their weight. What probably happened is he was assigned food that was too bulky for him to consume each day, and as such it wasn't all being fed to him, thus the weight loss.

Hope this was useful. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.
Horselover0414
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Feeding problem?

Post by Horselover0414 »

i found putting a horse in a pasture and putting them on performance feed is a way to get their weight and energy up really easily, i do that with my hard-keepers and foals because they always have the 'not even feed for energy' sign. BUT just a warning they do get to the 'very fat' weight status when you do this, so i don't know what to do about to but i out them in a pasture when they need to gain weight. i hope this helps.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 pm

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:05 pm