Community Forum

How do you utilize Conformation Summaries?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

How do you utilize Conformation Summaries?

Post by Randi Potos »

If you're an upgraded player, how do you use the conformation eval summaries in your program? How does it come in to play when choosing to keep, rehome, breed or sell a horse?

I've recently upgraded my accounts for the month, and I'm admittedly having a little trouble understanding how this aspect works into game play. It would be nice to hear from others how they use it and what benefit it offers.
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Re: How do you utilize Conformation Summaries?

Post by Argent II »

Watching :)

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
cattus
Visit My Farm

Post by cattus »

I haven't started using it yet, but I do have specific sports I want to specialize with my two target breeds. My priorities are: (1) get my target breeds, (2) get decent stats in their sports; (3) use the conformation info to refine the features that will improve their performance. When I get to #3, it will also likely play a role in selecting which foals to keep -- at least when my herds are large enough that I can be choosy.

Argent, your signature line made me laugh so loud my dogs looked at me like I was losing it!
Cydonia
Visit My Farm

Post by Cydonia »

My biggst thing is improving the stats I need. I don't need strength, so I'm not focusing on that. But Stamina is low, so I'd either breeding to horses that have higher stamina scores, or breeding to horses have have opposing conformation to my horse. If Mare A has a short face, I'll breed her to a horse with a long face, things like that.
MuddyPuddles
Visit My Farm

Post by MuddyPuddles »

I'm interested to read the responses here. I have tried to find a pattern, relationship, formula, anything! between conformation stats and the breeding report but I can't (Maths is definitely not one of my strong points! lol) I do use both the breeding report and the confo stats when deciding which horses to breed and train etc but I only use the numbers in the box on the right side. I don't pay any attention to the profiles on the left.
Rapori
Visit My Farm

Post by Rapori »

MuddyPuddles wrote:I'm interested to read the responses here. I have tried to find a pattern, relationship, formula, anything! between conformation stats and the breeding report but I can't (Maths is definitely not one of my strong points! lol) I do use both the breeding report and the confo stats when deciding which horses to breed and train etc but I only use the numbers in the box on the right side. I don't pay any attention to the profiles on the left.
I've been unsuccessful at picking out the relationship or correlation between breeder report and conformation report also. I just checked one horse with green intl and temp and a "good" remark on balance, and her confo. report didn't seem to match. Temp was good, intl was 0, but balance was -13 (or so). I think that's why I'm so confused by this feature.

I then thought I might notice a pattern of an over-all lower negative report and the way my horse appears (i.e. a horse with more positives or less negatives might appear to have better conformation) but I don't really see that either, unless I'm not as good at spotting a good looking horse as I originally thought.

I'm just not sure how to use this feature yet. I'm sure when I figure it out, it will be very useful. As of now it seems to be making my culling decisions even more difficult. :lol:
Argent II
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent II »

It's wonderfully useful once you've decoded it :D Intelligence will always be zero because body has no influence on brains.

(14:43:36) Nate: argie goes around the farm at foaling time with a tape measurer, an angle measurer, and a club
Randi Potos
Visit My Farm

Post by Randi Potos »

Argent II wrote:It's wonderfully useful once you've decoded it :D Intelligence will always be zero because body has no influence on brains.
Ah, of course. That makes sense! :)
Rapori
Visit My Farm

Post by Rapori »

Since I haven't gotten many responses, I've decided to experiment a bit myself. I really have no idea what I'm doing, lol, but I've got a game plan to try out. I will update if it's at all successful.
SeinaMacabre
Visit My Farm

Post by SeinaMacabre »

I am just experimenting with it aswell. Seems like culling off works quite well because my coformations got a lot better, I used to have mostly -25 in almost all stats on some horses, now I got up to +10 in some.
Maybe I am just lucky because I have seriously no idea what I am doing with that :D
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198052805042]Image[/url]
Need help starting at HWO? Check out my Guide!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:02 am