Community Forum

Calm down a horse

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Nick Wilde ranch
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Calm down a horse

Post by Nick Wilde ranch »

My mare is bombroof with performance mix. Is that good for pole bending? How do i get a calm horse?
Nate
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Calm down a horse

Post by Nate »

Well, being that "calm" is in fact hotter than "bombproof", you'd be going up the scale. What you can do is to stable your horse, feed her pure performance mix or weight gain until her temperament is what you want it to be, then change it to a mix of hay and performance mix to stabilize. It takes a bit of tweaking, but my horses settled at 35% alalfa hay and the rest to performance mix.

For what temperament is good for pole bending, the best way to tell is to take note of scores at each of the temperaments and then move your mare to the temperament that is the best.
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature! Everybody knows who I am already!
Nick Wilde ranch
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Calm down a horse

Post by Nick Wilde ranch »

Nate wrote:Well, being that "calm" is in fact hotter than "bombproof", you'd be going up the scale. What you can do is to stable your horse, feed her pure performance mix or weight gain until her temperament is what you want it to be, then change it to a mix of hay and performance mix to stabilize. It takes a bit of tweaking, but my horses settled at 35% alalfa hay and the rest to performance mix.

For what temperament is good for pole bending, the best way to tell is to take note of scores at each of the temperaments and then move your mare to the temperament that is the best.
Thank for the accurate suggestions
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 11:08 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:08 am