Community Forum

The problem with barns?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
finle13374
Visit My Farm

The problem with barns?

Post by finle13374 »

Ok so i spent all my money buying a small barn for my horses, But whenever i put one in there even if i do 100% of 4 differnt feeds all the most weight gaining ones they lose weight so quickly. I dont know if its a glitch or if i have to get some special hay ir whatever to place in it? Also, When i toggle build mode it says i should be able to get bedding for the stalls but i have no clue where i can buy this?

Thx
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The problem with barns?

Post by BlackOak2 »

finle13374 wrote:Ok so i spent all my money buying a small barn for my horses, But whenever i put one in there even if i do 100% of 4 differnt feeds all the most weight gaining ones they lose weight so quickly. I dont know if its a glitch or if i have to get some special hay ir whatever to place in it? Also, When i toggle build mode it says i should be able to get bedding for the stalls but i have no clue where i can buy this?

Thx
First, it is a bit difficult to keep a horse in a barn. Second, the feed is fed from the top one down and is arranged alphabetical, so that makes it even more challenging (As an example, if you feed hay and weight gain mix, your horse will fill up on hay before touching the weight gain). Third, our feeding system isn't perfected yet, so this does have an additional effect.
And last, bedding hasn't been added to the game yet. There is hay piles available in the market, but I believe that's considered a decoration.

I would recommend mowing your pastures and feeding supplemental food to keep your horses at optimal weight IF you can't balance out the feeding in the barns. Remember that a horse can only eat 'Max Feed' so he or she won't be able to eat anything above that, that's when your feeding amounts turn red.

Good Luck.
finle13374
Visit My Farm

Post by finle13374 »

Thanks thats really helpful to me.
Abbih
Visit My Farm

Post by Abbih »

I've found the best way to keep a horse in the barn is to experiment until I have found the perfect combination to maintain their weight. Most horse I keep in the barn have around 25% or more weight gain; however, one horse that I have kept in the barn for several game years and maintained his weight is on 20% hay, 25% oats, 40% performance, and 15% weight gain. This has worked to maintain his weight at the level I want it and unlike the rest of the arabians in my herd (especially those in the pasture) he is not bombproof and is high strung (he races and sprint races). Most other horses in the barn get weight gain, oats or corn, performance mix, and hay or one of the alfalfas as a filler for the last 10-20% and as an attempt to raise the fiber levels. This worked well for me for any horses that don't need to gain weight. My only main rule is the horse has to be over a year old and his weight has to be near my target area, you can't gain weight easily in the barn.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 am