Community Forum

Perfect Arabian breeding project

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Re: Perfect Arabian breeding project

Post by buzzy »

Lcameron wrote:k i will put her up
thanks
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

i have put her up
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

are you still there?
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

i have checked out ur farm. its not that big is it? you should put a barn or paddock aside for the be=reeding project and mabye focuse your farm to a more specific breed untill you get larger instead of haveing it full of crossbreeds. pure breds sell easier
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Lcameron wrote:i have checked out ur farm. its not that big is it? you should put a barn or paddock aside for the be=reeding project and mabye focuse your farm to a more specific breed untill you get larger instead of haveing it full of crossbreeds. pure breds sell easier
Yep, I can actually hold about 20 to 25 horses, my " project barn " is full of horses that I'm trying to create a new breed with, and I also take boarders and horses to age out. But I won't take any more boarders and will devote my " Boarding Barn" to become my Arabian project barn because I prefer pure breeds opposed to cross breeds. Another reason my farm seems small is because I have enough space right know in my barns and pasture a that I don't need another one!
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

Would you like me to put up my stallions for stud?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Lcameron wrote:I have started a breeding program for Arabians. my standard for mares is 3-4 greens and no reds. My standard for stallions is 5 greens because I seem to have a higher persentage rate with stallions. If you are interested in this breeding project then could you pls reply.

things you need to know before participating
You must have at least one horse that meets the requirements
You must be comfortable with sharing stallions/mares around
All people who participate will get a share in the foals.
If you would like to see an example you can check out these paddocks and barns
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/57315
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/50378

I do have one Arabian stallion, Kindling Dawn, who's got 5 golds and 1 green who's sire is a Champion. He's a bit tall but he is a purebred Arabian. I've been breeding a bunch of other Arabian horses, though don't have as many greens and golds but are fine looking.
Lcameron
Visit My Farm

Post by Lcameron »

Sorry but for this project we need 5 GREENS. Thank you for your offer I appreciate it but he is not good enough
HowrseGal27
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HowrseGal27 »

I've been working on lowering the COI of my horses while continuing to improve their stats. I have some great stallions so far. If you would like to take a look at my herd to see if they would be good candidates for your program that would be great. My best horse right now is Hidalgo. His HGP is at 68,851 with 5 gold and 1 green. No reds. His COI is 35.13%
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 pm