Community Forum

Quarter horses

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Quarter horses

Post by StallionLover »

emuhzee wrote:
StallionLover wrote:Here are two Fillies that were just born, they are not 5* but they re 4* and have nice stats!

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2275378

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2275377
I really like that first filly, how much would you like for her??
Usually for non-5* foals I ask $500, she's yours if you want her :D
melanta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

countrycool wrote:ping
StallionLover wrote:ping
emuhzee wrote:ping
Hey guys, would you be interested in creating a QH club or something like that? (: I've seen a couple of QH topics here and there but never a community.

The thing is, I do not suggest establishing strict rules, some mandatory sharing of the breeding stock or anything like that... I guess we all have somewhat different goals in mind anyway!
I've just been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a place to exchange experience, help each other and share our progress on QHs (:

What can I personally offer? Well, not such excellent 5* QHs as you guys already have (great work!)
My main goal up to now has been breeding for competitiveness. That required me to be very strict and leave out the looks and conformations for a while. Therefore, my horses are mainly 3*, 2* or N/A at all ((;

BUT — I think I'm making progress on "inbreeding competitiveness", so to say. I expect every next generation to have even better percentage of wins if I keep making the right choises. So, what I can offer is high HGP, good stats, and competitive traits.

For example, this is my main pride right now:
SL Samson

Check out his competition results if you're interested.
I also have some other guys on my side account, which also competed well and are a little better on the conformation side...

SL Sun Eclipse
SL Sunproud

I've had many other QHs but I sell them periodically (as I said, I try to breed only "the best of the best" or something like that...).

Another thing I have now is a bunch of purebred trained QHs that are produced by other players. I bought and trained them to choose the most fitting ones for my projects but I can sell/give away some of them.

I'm not ready to open my lines for public stud but I would be happy to share them (and what I have generally) with fellow QH lovers (:
As to myself, at some point, I would like to turn my part QHs into 100% QHs with decent conformations, and I may need help with that.

That was my perspective in a nutshell. Got much more to share and discuss if any of you interested (:
emuhzee
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by emuhzee »

melanta wrote:
Hey guys, would you be interested in creating a QH club or something like that? (: I've seen a couple of QH topics here and there but never a community.

The thing is, I do not suggest establishing strict rules, some mandatory sharing of the breeding stock or anything like that... I guess we all have somewhat different goals in mind anyway!
I've just been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a place to exchange experience, help each other and share our progress on QHs (:

What can I personally offer? Well, not such excellent 5* QHs as you guys already have (great work!)
My main goal up to now has been breeding for competitiveness. That required me to be very strict and leave out the looks and conformations for a while. Therefore, my horses are mainly 3*, 2* or N/A at all ((;

BUT — I think I'm making progress on "inbreeding competitiveness", so to say. I expect every next generation to have even better percentage of wins if I keep making the right choises. So, what I can offer is high HGP, good stats, and competitive traits.

SL Samson

I also have some other guys on my side account, which also competed well and are a little better on the conformation side...

SL Sun Eclipse
SL Sunproud

I've had many other QHs but I sell them periodically (as I said, I try to breed only "the best of the best" or something like that...).

Another thing I have now is a bunch of purebred trained QHs that are produced by other players. I bought and trained them to choose the most fitting ones for my projects but I can sell/give away some of them.

I'm not ready to open my lines for public stud but I would be happy to share them (and what I have generally) with fellow QH lovers (:
As to myself, at some point, I would like to turn my part QHs into 100% QHs with decent conformations, and I may need help with that.

That was my perspective in a nutshell. Got much more to share and discuss if any of you interested (:
Hey there!

I love the idea of a QH club. I'm still quite new to HWO, my main goal with my QH's has been to breed for 5* confo and high stats, but can I just say WOW at Samson's competition results! Is there an exact science behind that?

He seems to average 1-3rd place in all of the entries. I'd love to know more! I always assumed that high stats led to better competition results, but I guess I'm wrong? If I can do anything at all to help with your lines feel free to ask!
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

melanta wrote:

SL Samson

SL Sun Eclipse
SL Sunproud

I'm game! I am always trying to improve my guys, I try to at least train and champion all of my Stallions (I have way too many horses to train my mares, they would look SO much better if they were though) but only a handful champion in a day of showing. Shall I start a new thread for a Quarter Horse Club? I have also been working on Paints with my quarter horses but that is still a fairly new project.
melanta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

emuhzee wrote:I love the idea of a QH club. I'm still quite new to HWO, my main goal with my QH's has been to breed for 5* confo and high stats, but can I just say WOW at Samson's competition results! Is there an exact science behind that?
Great!

About the competition ability — recently, I've been looking into some topics and discussions where more experienced players talked about breeding for competitions, conformations, genes, and all that stuff... As it turned out, it's even more complicated than I thought :D

Nonetheless, I'll be glad to share what I know and I guess I'd better do it in the new thread, so we can keep hold of that info (:
StallionLover wrote:Shall I start a new thread for a Quarter Horse Club?
That would be awesome, thank you!

I think though there are at least two points we have to decide on before that...
1. How should we name the club (or association)?
2. Should we make it open for all QH breeders? Which leads to the question — will there be something like an official membership? Personally, I think it would be nice to keep track of the members (: And, as I see it, if it's the place to share experience and help each other, maybe we shouldn't make up some strict admission rules... I don't know. What do you guys think?
(Btw, I still hope countrycool would like to join us...)
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

melanta wrote:
emuhzee wrote:I love the idea of a QH club. I'm still quite new to HWO, my main goal with my QH's has been to breed for 5* confo and high stats, but can I just say WOW at Samson's competition results! Is there an exact science behind that?
Great!

About the competition ability — recently, I've been looking into some topics and discussions where more experienced players talked about breeding for competitions, conformations, genes, and all that stuff... As it turned out, it's even more complicated than I thought :D

Nonetheless, I'll be glad to share what I know and I guess I'd better do it in the new thread, so we can keep hold of that info (:
StallionLover wrote:Shall I start a new thread for a Quarter Horse Club?

I think though there are at least two points we have to decide on before that...
2. Should we make it open for all QH breeders? Which leads to the question — will there be something like an official membership? Personally, I think it would be nice to keep track of the members (: And, as I see it, if it's the place to share experience and help each other, maybe we shouldn't make up some strict admission rules... I don't know. What do you guys think?
I would like to make it open to all, not sure how we could make an official membership though and keep track of members, besides the three of us being club admin and adding everyone who applies as friends to be able to keep track and in contact with them. Possibly also monthly check-ins where we show off our best horses and our accomplishments for the month or what we need help on that other members may be able to help with? Also would be good to have a stud registry with links and info on group member studs!

Anyone have a suggestion for the name? My suggestion is "The Quarter Horse Association of HWO", or something like that lol.
emuhzee
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by emuhzee »

StallionLover wrote:
melanta wrote: Great!

I would like to make it open to all, not sure how we could make an official membership though and keep track of members, besides the three of us being club admin and adding everyone who applies as friends to be able to keep track and in contact with them. Possibly also monthly check-ins where we show off our best horses and our accomplishments for the month or what we need help on that other members may be able to help with? Also would be good to have a stud registry with links and info on group member studs!

Anyone have a suggestion for the name? My suggestion is "The Quarter Horse Association of HWO", or something like that lol.
For the name, I'm thinking something along the lines of:
-Quarter Horse Breeding Association/Club/Program
-Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

I like the name you came up with too StallionLover!

I agree about the strict admission rules, I think the group should be as open as possible. I love the idea of the monthly check in. Also, for the stud-registry, we should maybe reserve a space or two at the top of the thread so it would be easily accessible for members trying to improve their QH's.
StallionLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by StallionLover »

emuhzee wrote:
StallionLover wrote:

For the name, I'm thinking something along the lines of:
-Quarter Horse Breeding Association/Club/Program
-Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

I like the name you came up with too StallionLover!

I agree about the strict admission rules, I think the group should be as open as possible. I love the idea of the monthly check in. Also, for the stud-registry, we should maybe reserve a space or two at the top of the thread so it would be easily accessible for members trying to improve their QH's.
Those are good too! I'm still learning how to use the forum, and for the life of me I still have not figured out how to post a link to a horse that shows their picture on the post. I used to be great at computer programing type things and codes, but I guess it's been too long since school and things like Myspace :lol:
So we will all definitely have to work together on creating the thread for the club.
melanta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

StallionLover wrote:not sure how we could make an official membership though and keep track of members, besides the three of us being club admin and adding everyone who applies as friends to be able to keep track and in contact with them.
Oh, I just meant creating a list of members in our thread :D
Something like that:

QH Club Members
1. Member 1
2. Member 2... (possibly as links to accounts/farms)

Yes, monthly check-in sounds very good. Maybe we could periodically offer the members to inform us about their achievements, requests, ads and so on and than compose it all nicely in one... message? posting? (sorry, English isn't my first language...). I suppose we figure it out on the go.

As to stud registry — sure, great thinking (:
emuhzee wrote:Also, for the stud-registry, we should maybe reserve a space or two at the top of the thread so it would be easily accessible for members trying to improve their QH's.
Yeah, all the information of such kind should be at the top..

About the name — I love the QH Breeding Association or the QH Breeding Partnership. Definitely sounds more important than just "club" :lol:
StallionLover wrote:I still have not figured out how to post a link to a horse that shows their picture on the post.
You do it like that:

Code: Select all

[horse=the unique number of your horse]the name of your horse or any title you want[/horse]
Where's your horse's unique number? Here:
Anyway, StallionLover, I suppose you could start a thread if you don't mind (: And then we figure out the rest there. Just give me some time, I will think about the contents and the layout of the top of the thread. Maybe we should all think about what should be there, discuss and then fill it accordingly (: In the end, it doesn't have to be ideal from the very beginning.
melanta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by melanta »

emuhzee wrote:-Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership
On the second thought, I somehow like this variant a lot (: Firstly, there is just something nice and cozy in "partnership"... Secondly, I saw a lot of associations on HWO but not partnerships. So my vote is for this one!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 am