Community Forum

Gypsy Cob/Gypsy Vanner

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
aschaab
Visit My Farm

Re: Gypsy Cob/Gypsy Vanner

Post by aschaab »

I have a nice Vanner Mare that I just bred to one of my other stallions, I used to own. He was out of one of my awesome mares, but she sadly passed away. He has "Royal Medusa" in him as well as Dust Play, the black stallion who was also a champion. If anyone is interested in breeding one of their stallions to my foal in the future, let me know. I don't have private messaging so please keep an eye on this forum.
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
QuesthavenFarms wrote: Sounds perfect.
Alright, she dropped and it was a colt. I'm going to let her sit of a day and a half to let you choose, but not much longer than that because I don't want her sitting through more than a year without being in foal. My herd is to small to let a mare sit "not pregnant" for to long. : )
I'm good if you want to try Hunter again. Or this guy maybe???
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/171120
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Rodeo_Ace wrote:Haha! I bet, it's weird. High COI really doesn't effect much in this game, yet no one will buy a horse with high COI.
I know. I am more concerned about getting traits for dressage than COI. Since most of the Hanos in game came from my Holsteins, it makes it hard to be picky about COI. Vanners seem to have a similar problem. I see a lot of this guy. :)

Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

No kidding! It's a challenge with the more rare breeds that no one really works on. I breed Clydesdale and Welsh Cobs primarily and I have to have an entire separate breeding program just to keep their COI down and their traits up. But it's worth it in the end.

Flame is the stallion I had pegged to try next with her anyway! We should go with him, he is the better of the two. I like my boy, but his breeders report doesn't match Flame's. Sad, sad word.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Rodeo_Ace wrote:No kidding! It's a challenge with the more rare breeds that no one really works on. I breed Clydesdale and Welsh Cobs primarily and I have to have an entire separate breeding program just to keep their COI down and their traits up. But it's worth it in the end.

Flame is the stallion I had pegged to try next with her anyway! We should go with him, he is the better of the two. I like my boy, but his breeders report doesn't match Flame's. Sad, sad word.
Sounds great!
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

QuesthavenFarms wrote:Sounds great!
So sorry! I kinda stopped playing the game for a while there, are you still interested? She had a colt ... I think. Anyway, she is about to foal again and I'm back to playing the game so it should be here sometime today or tomorrow.
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Competition Deliboz | Colored Deliboz | Atheriton Grades | Belgian Warmbloods | Welsh Cobs | Competition Arabians
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
QuesthavenFarms wrote:Sounds great!
So sorry! I kinda stopped playing the game for a while there, are you still interested? She had a colt ... I think. Anyway, she is about to foal again and I'm back to playing the game so it should be here sometime today or tomorrow.
I have been away too. I am still interested.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Questhaven wrote: I have been away too. I am still interested.

This is the filly, let me know if you want her! I moved her to the reserve property to freeze her age.

[ЯR] Little Flame
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Questhaven
Visit My Farm

Post by Questhaven »

Rodeo_Ace wrote:
Questhaven wrote: I have been away too. I am still interested.

This is the filly, let me know if you want her! I moved her to the reserve property to freeze her age.

[ЯR] Little Flame
Yes I would love to have her.
Rodeo_Ace
Visit My Farm

Post by Rodeo_Ace »

Does $3,500 sound fare?
|A∀| Atherton Hills
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 am