The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Andalusian Breeding Community

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Lila2517
Visit My Farm

Andalusian Breeding Community

Post by Lila2517 »

Hi!
When I was scrolling through the breeding community forum, I noticed that there is/was no Andalusian breeding community. Then I thought that maybe someone should start one, so I did.
Here everyone who breeds quality Andalusian horses can join!
Breeding Standards

Mares are 14.3hh to 16.3hh, Stallions are 15hh to 17hh.
Horse type, with medium ("Baroque" type) to medium light ("Sport" type) body.
Legs of medium bone / thickness.
Hair is long and silky. No feathers.
Shoulder is long and sloped.
Head is around 2/3 the length of the shoulder.
Head has a straight or slightly convex profile with thick jowls.
Neck is as at minimum as long as the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
Back is at around 1+1/3rd the length of the shoulder, measuring from the withers.
Ribs are deep, with a medium flank.
Built slightly uphill with long, round hips and a tail set below the spine.
Coat can be any color, but greying is encouraged.
From withers to croup, there should be no "straight lines" - the back should have a nice slope down from the withers, then back up into a nicely rounded croup. Training is often needed to gain adequate muscle in the croup required for this.

Interesting Websites
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andalusian_horse
https://uspreba.com/phasellus-felis-dolor/
https://www.yeguadaaimaran.com/pre-conf ... e-vs-sport
http://andalusianworld.com/site/2013-revision/
https://ialha.org/
https://www.ancce.es/en/content/pre-stud-book

Current Breeders
Don't be afraid to join!
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Re: Andalusian Breeding Community

Post by Lekara »

*waves*
Hello!
I'm glad you started this. I've been breeding Andalusians on HWO for quite some time now, but never got around to looking into a breeding community.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling!
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Hi!
I am currently up to creating Andalusians in my own quest of breeding up from ancient. I have no Andalusians as of yet, but I will be trying to create some in the near future. I've just got my first half-of-recipe foal born:
Tigris C
Kingsley
Visit My Farm

Post by Kingsley »

Howdy, there. Coming back from hiatus so trying to remember what I was doing before, but I have quite a few Andalusians. I'm working towards getting towards a realistic breed standard while also including dapples (dappled bay or buckskin is what I usually am getting right now).
Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki
Visit My Farm

Post by Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki »

Lekara wrote:*waves*
Hello!
I'm glad you started this. I've been breeding Andalusians on HWO for quite some time now, but never got around to looking into a breeding community.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling!
hi would you be interested in selling a Andalusian mare or breeding and me by the filly cause im working on a project and i need a Andalusian mare for it
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki wrote: hi would you be interested in selling a Andalusian mare or breeding and me by the filly cause im working on a project and i need a Andalusian mare for it
Hello!
I'm sure I could find or create a mare/filly for you.
What traits are you looking for in an Andalusian, and what is your breeding goal?
Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki
Visit My Farm

Lekara wrote:
Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki wrote: hi would you be interested in selling a Andalusian mare or breeding and me by the filly cause im working on a project and i need a Andalusian mare for it
Hello!
I'm sure I could find or create a mare/filly for you.
What traits are you looking for in an Andalusian, and what is your breeding goal?
that would be great and any traits im trying to get a Florida cracker on my main account all i need is a Andalusian mare if you want i can also breed more than one Florida cracker and i can give it to you
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki wrote: that would be great and any traits im trying to get a Florida cracker on my main account all i need is a Andalusian mare if you want i can also breed more than one Florida cracker and i can give it to you

Neat! I bought the Florida Cracker book so I can go through my herds and offer you a 5* Florida Cracker mare (or the closest I can get). It might be a few days before I have time to check my herds, but I'll give you a selection to chose from when I do.
Any mares that I send you will probably be around 12 years old (I will breed her before I sell her, so I can keep her lines). And I will request that you not change her name and do not sell her (if you wish to sell her, I will buy her back from you at half the cost you paid for her). Depending on the mare, my prices generally run between 10k-20k.
Does all this sound agreeable to you?
Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki
Visit My Farm

Lekara wrote:
Kurumi~dark~Tokisaki wrote: that would be great and any traits im trying to get a Florida cracker on my main account all i need is a Andalusian mare if you want i can also breed more than one Florida cracker and i can give it to you

Neat! I bought the Florida Cracker book so I can go through my herds and offer you a 5* Florida Cracker mare (or the closest I can get). It might be a few days before I have time to check my herds, but I'll give you a selection to chose from when I do.
Any mares that I send you will probably be around 12 years old (I will breed her before I sell her, so I can keep her lines). And I will request that you not change her name and do not sell her (if you wish to sell her, I will buy her back from you at half the cost you paid for her). Depending on the mare, my prices generally run between 10k-20k.
Does all this sound agreeable to you?
yes it does
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

*I have moved this discussion to the sales forum* :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 am