Community Forum

Lipizzaner Horse Registry: *Open* Now Excepting Registration Applications!

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: {GM} Lipizzaner Horse Registry: *Closed for update*

Post by honeybunny »

Pieta wrote:
honeybunny wrote: Thank you! I will evaluate ASAP!
Hi! I'm adding here some new horses that I want to registering:
Stallions:
Conversano Capra

Conversano Thais

Conversano Capriolla

Conversano Capriolla

Conversano Capriolla

Conversano Capriolla

Pluto Capriolla

Conversano Capra

Conversano Capriolla

Conversano Rebecca

Mares:
Thais

Thais

Rebecca

Capriolla

Capriolla

Capriolla

Capriolla
I've gotten started on the evaluation... but it could take a while I might not give a individual point break-down for every horse... (let me know if you want on on certain horses) :D
Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

honeybunny wrote:
I've gotten started on the evaluation... but it could take a while I might not give a individual point break-down for every horse... (let me know if you want on on certain horses) :D
Hi! Thank you. It will be fine if you just tell the evaluation. There is really a lot of horses, so I totally understand. Maybe just give the break-down for stallions that you think I should put on public stud, or if there is a mare I should breeding more often.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

Pieta wrote:
honeybunny wrote: I've gotten started on the evaluation... but it could take a while I might not give a individual point break-down for every horse... (let me know if you want on on certain horses) :D
Hi! Thank you. It will be fine if you just tell the evaluation. There is really a lot of horses, so I totally understand. Maybe just give the break-down for stallions that you think I should put on public stud, or if there is a mare I should breeding more often.
Ok... I finally got to look through your horses and I made a few notes. Here is what your lines need:
Color consistency:
Unfortunately, your horses are beautiful rule breakers! One of the strictest criteria in Lipizzaners is color (after highschool skills). Lipi's are never allowed to carry the paint gene. Many of your's do. However, individuals might not show it, so they might be accepted. Sorrel is another illegal... a sorrel foal is sold from the school and it's dam and sire are removed from the program if they produce another sorrel. Cream is not usually allowed... but I'm allowing it because they often produce white or grey.

One thing I can say about your horses is the wonderful body consistency and stats... so... with all this in account this would be my plan from here forward.
1. Take all Paint horses and place them in a separate series of barns and pastures
2. Take all solid horses and separate them by allowed and not allowed colors.
3. Bring in some new solid genetics ( this can help eradicate the tabino)
4. Breed the solid's of the allowed colors (black, bay, white, grey, pale cream: note: socks are allowed)
5. Continue to breed the other colors and whenever an individual of allowed color is born from other color parents put the horse in with it's color group. Over time you should have strong lines of good colors.
The stats are needed in this breed so don't throw any stock away... they might have solid offspring of allowed colors!
Hope this helps I will add the horses that are accepted to the list shortly.
Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

honeybunny wrote:
Pieta wrote: Hi! Thank you. It will be fine if you just tell the evaluation. There is really a lot of horses, so I totally understand. Maybe just give the break-down for stallions that you think I should put on public stud, or if there is a mare I should breeding more often.
Ok... I finally got to look through your horses and I made a few notes. Here is what your lines need:
Color consistency:
Unfortunately, your horses are beautiful rule breakers! One of the strictest criteria in Lipizzaners is color (after highschool skills). Lipi's are never allowed to carry the paint gene. Many of your's do. However, individuals might not show it, so they might be accepted. Sorrel is another illegal... a sorrel foal is sold from the school and it's dam and sire are removed from the program if they produce another sorrel. Cream is not usually allowed... but I'm allowing it because they often produce white or grey.

One thing I can say about your horses is the wonderful body consistency and stats... so... with all this in account this would be my plan from here forward.
1. Take all Paint horses and place them in a separate series of barns and pastures
4. Breed the solid's of the allowed colors (black, bay, white, grey, pale cream: note: socks are allowed)
5. Continue to breed the other colors and whenever an individual of allowed color is born from other color parents put the horse in with it's color group. Over time you should have strong lines of good colors.
The stats are needed in this breed so don't throw any stock away... they might have solid offspring of allowed colors!
Hi! These is exactly what I am currently working on. I just keep some chestnuts horses because of good HGP and stats, by the way chestnut colour come in my lines when I try to breed lipizzaner that will have better strenght and movement. I just try to get rid of tobiano and keep only socks and some minimal face markings, because they have them in real life too. If I breed chestnut horse I usually breed it to black base horse, because I try to get rid of that colour and focus only on black, dark bay (seal brown) and bay base colour with greying gen. In my lines the high is also a big problem (in real life lipizzaners are between 14.2hh and 16.1hh). I real life I riding lipizzaners and performing with them in groups From my point of view there isn't better horse breed than lipizzaner. These photo is from one of my performances (all horses are purebreed lipizzaners):
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

Pieta wrote:
honeybunny wrote: Ok... I finally got to look through your horses and I made a few notes. Here is what your lines need:
Color consistency:

Hi! These is exactly what I am currently working on. I just keep some chestnuts horses because of good HGP and stats, by the way chestnut colour come in my lines when I try to breed lipizzaner that will have better strenght and movement. I just try to get rid of tobiano and keep only socks and some minimal face markings, because they have them in real life too. If I breed chestnut horse I usually breed it to black base horse, because I try to get rid of that colour and focus only on black, dark bay (seal brown) and bay base colour with greying gen. In my lines the high is also a big problem (in real life lipizzaners are between 14.2hh and 16.1hh). I real life I riding lipizzaners and performing with them in groups From my point of view there isn't better horse breed than lipizzaner. These photo is from one of my performances (all horses are purebreed lipizzaners):
Yay! I'm glad your already doing that... and I'm glad your keeping the other colors, because as I said there is to few good HGP's in the breed to have color be a culling factor! :D
Also, it is cool to find another person with a real life passion for the Lipizzaner breed. I have over my life time of keeping horses, owned 2 of them and I found them to be a courageous, dependable breed. I miss these dear ladies so much! I never competed in any Highschool performances (I'm a western rider) but I rode them many times in Western Trail at my local events. Sadly I never took them to big shows because of a shortage of big shows that weren't focused on only one breed (Like Arab or QH) ! Have fun showing!
I will add your farm and horses to the list ASAP!
Pieta
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Pieta »

honeybunny wrote:
Pieta wrote: Hi! These is exactly what I am currently working on. I just keep some chestnuts horses because of good HGP and stats, by the way chestnut colour come in my lines when I try to breed lipizzaner that will have better strenght and movement. I just try to get rid of tobiano and keep only socks and some minimal face markings, because they have them in real life too. If I breed chestnut horse I usually breed it to black base horse, because I try to get rid of that colour and focus only on black, dark bay (seal brown) and bay base colour with greying gen. In my lines the high is also a big problem (in real life lipizzaners are between 14.2hh and 16.1hh). I real life I riding lipizzaners and performing with them in groups From my point of view there isn't better horse breed than lipizzaner. These photo is from one of my performances (all horses are purebreed lipizzaners):
Yay! I'm glad your already doing that... and I'm glad your keeping the other colors, because as I said there is to few good HGP's in the breed to have color be a culling factor! :D
Also, it is cool to find another person with a real life passion for the Lipizzaner breed. I have over my life time of keeping horses, owned 2 of them and I found them to be a courageous, dependable breed. I miss these dear ladies so much! I never competed in any Highschool performances (I'm a western rider) but I rode them many times in Western Trail at my local events. Sadly I never took them to big shows because of a shortage of big shows that weren't focused on only one breed (Like Arab or QH) ! Have fun showing!
I will add your farm and horses to the list ASAP!
Thank you. Lipizzaners are really extraordinary ;)
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Lipizzaner Horse Registry: *Open* Now Excepting Registration Applications!

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Username: Katy_Kanes

Farm Link: ??? I can link my 2 pastures? http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/111314 & http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/118516

Links to the horses you are registering: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2121905

Do you agree to follow the registries rules? Yes I do!

All I have so far is Chris, but I'm looking for a mare, preferably a dapple grey, but any *Reasonable* priced mare would be great if anyone could help me out.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

Katy_Kanes wrote:Username: Katy_Kanes

Farm Link: ??? I can link my 2 pastures? http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/111314 & http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/118516

Links to the horses you are registering: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2121905

All I have so far is Chris, but I'm looking for a mare, preferably a dapple grey, but any *Reasonable* priced mare would be great if anyone could help me out.
Hey! I will evaluate your Stallion ASAP. Also I may have a nice white mare I could lone you if you would like to get started now.
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

honeybunny wrote:
Katy_Kanes wrote:Username: Katy_Kanes

Hey! I will evaluate your Stallion ASAP. Also I may have a nice white mare I could lone you if you would like to get started now.
Yes please, I couldn't find any reasonable priced mares for sale.
honeybunny
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by honeybunny »

Katy_Kanes wrote:
honeybunny wrote: Hey! I will evaluate your Stallion ASAP. Also I may have a nice white mare I could lone you if you would like to get started now.
Yes please, I couldn't find any reasonable priced mares for sale.
Here is one of my youngest current mares... http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1995148
would you like me to breed her to my top stud (I wouldn't charge, cause I love helping folks get started in this breed) He is a 2 Green 1 Gold colt out of my beloved Diamond Admiral. You can keep the foal to either sell or keep for breeding. Also one tip... Don't undercut your prices. I have sold some individuals for 1,000,000 or up.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 07, 2024 6:44 am

It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:44 am