The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Australian Brumby

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Showla
Visit My Farm

Australian Brumby

Post by Showla »

A Brumby is a free-roaming feral horse in Australia. Although found in many areas around the country, the best-known Brumbies are found in the Australian Alps region in south-eastern Australia. Today, most of them are found in the Northern Territory, with the second largest population in Queensland. A group of Brumbies is known as a "mob" or "band".

Brumbies are the descendants of escaped or lost horses, dating back in some cases to those belonging to the early European settlers, including the "Capers" from South Africa, Timor Ponies from Indonesia, British pony and draught horse breeds, and a significant number of Thoroughbreds and Arabians.

Today they live in many places, including some National Parks. Occasionally they are mustered and domesticated for use as campdrafters, working stock horses on farms or stations, but also as trail horses, show horses, Pony Club mounts and pleasure horses. They are the subject of some controversy – regarded as a pest and threat to native ecosystems by environmentalists and the government, but also valued by others as part of Australia's heritage, with supporters working to prevent inhumane treatment or extermination, and rehoming Brumbies who have been captured.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brumby
Horses Basic Physique
Criteria Ideal & Rating
Height: Mature Range 13.3hh to 16.0hh

Build Medium Light to Medium Heavy

Type 50% to 70% Pony Type

Photo:https://polochix.files.wordpress.com/20 ... rumby5.jpg
Rocs Little Dee
Visit My Farm

Re: Australian Brumby

Post by Rocs Little Dee »

How do you breed a brumby as I want to begin to breed them
Byakko
Visit My Farm

Post by Byakko »

The 'Breed Wiki' under 'Help' usually is the best place to look how to create a particular breed.

In case of the Bramby:
Australian Stock Horse x Australian Pony

Both the Australian Stock Horse and the Australian Pony are themselves created Breeds however, so you will have to breed those as well - and hope there are some in-between breeds at the market/stud to save you some time. At this point you are better off picking something easier for the start. Thoroughbred are needed very often in this recipe and you can find some Thoroughbred/Thoroughbred mixes on the market and a good deal of stud horses. Otherwise, if you want to start from scratch any of the basic created breeds might make a good start as well, eg. Exmoor Pony, Mongolian or Norman Cob.

But if you really go for the Bramby, here is the complete list:

Australian Pony: [Exmoor Pony x Timor Pony] x [Hackney x Anglo-Arabian]
Exmoor Pony: Przewalski Horse x Tarpan
Timor Pony: [Caspian x Tarpan] x [Caspian x Mongolian]
Mongolian: [Przewalski Horse x Tarpan] x Tarpan
Hackney: [Arabian x Norfolk Trotter] x [Norfolk Trotter x Thoroughbred]
Norfolk Trotter: [Thoroughbred x Cleveland Bay] x Cleveland Bay
Cleveland Bay: Thoroughbred x [Arabian x North African Barb]
Thoroughbred: [Arabian x North African Barb] x [Akhal-Teke x Galloway]
Akhal-Teke: Arabian x Turkmene
Galloway: Exmoor Pony x [Exmoor Pony x Friesian]
Friesian: Forest Horse x [Arabian x Andalusian]
Andalusian: [Sorraia x Carthusian] x [Sorraia x West African Barb]
Carthusian: West African Barb x Sorraia
Sorraia: [Tarpan x Mongolian] x [Tarpan x West African Barb]
West African Barb: [Arabian x North African Barb] x [North African Barb x Forest Horse]
Anglo-Arabian: Thoroughbred x [Arabian x Thoroughbred]

Australian Stock Horse: [Percheron x Thoroughbred] x [Quarter Horse x Waler]
Percheron: Norman Cob x [Forest Horse x Belgian]
Norman Cob: [Tarpan x Belgian] x [Forest Horse x Belgian]
Quarter Horse: [Thoroughbred x Chickasaw] x [Arabian x Andalusian]
Chickasaw: [Spanish Jennet x Sorraia] x [Spanish Barb x Thoroughbred]
Spanish Jennet: [Arabian x Sorraia] x North African Barb
Spanish Barb: [Spanish Jennet x West African Barb] x [Andalusian x West African Barb]
Waler: Quarter Horse x [Arabian x Thoroughbred]

Breeds in italic are ancient breeds you can get at the adoption center. (PS.: The list for the Stock Horse looks shorter, but only because I didn't list breed recipes I had listed under the Australian Pony already.)
listerine
Visit My Farm

Post by listerine »

I am breeding Australian Ponies & have 2 young colts & 2 fillies atm. My colts will be put at stud when old enough.
montana.spurdle01
Visit My Farm

Post by montana.spurdle01 »

listerine wrote:I am breeding Australian Ponies & have 2 young colts & 2 fillies atm. My colts will be put at stud when old enough.
Have you still got them!
listerine
Visit My Farm

Post by listerine »

I Breed Australian Brumby's still, though i currently have none for sale. I could put up for stud if needed. You are welcome to look at my farm. It's called Green Acre Farm
montana.spurdle01
Visit My Farm

Post by montana.spurdle01 »

listerine wrote:I Breed Australian Brumby's still, though i currently have none for sale. I could put up for stud if needed. You are welcome to look at my farm. It's called Green Acre Farm
Ok thanks :)
listerine
Visit My Farm

Post by listerine »

You havent the skill to have her yet, it says , when i try to accept your offer. You will need to make room before i can accept the offer thx, and 3 pure australian pony stallions have been made available to breed
DaringFlaring
Visit My Farm

Post by DaringFlaring »

listerine wrote:You havent the skill to have her yet, it says , when i try to accept your offer. You will need to make room before i can accept the offer thx, and 3 pure australian pony stallions have been made available to breed
love ghat name
listerine
Visit My Farm

Post by listerine »

:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am