Community Forum

Spanish Mustang

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Blazing Colors
Visit My Farm

Re: Spanish Mustang

Post by Blazing Colors »

hello everyone,

i have a whole pasture full of mustangs and kiger mustangs which I don't need anymore as I breed appaloosas. I would sell all mustang and kiger mustang horses.they have a nice exterieur and nice colors...they are bred quite some time ago so its kind of old blood.... I didn't know where else to post this so... If someone is interested please send me a message.

:)
LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

Hi everyone! I just started on trying to Spanish Mustangs from my Spanish Jennets and Mustangs.
It's been a bit frustrating as I have only been able to produce 1 foal so far. He's is perfect though. Lol

I really need at least one mare I can breed him to a few times so hopefully I can get some more purebred fillies to keep the breed going.

It's been a fun project to work on and has been more challenging then I thought. Lol
Ruthven Stables - Spanish Jennet Breeder
Shared Farm Log

My other Farms:
Byron Farms
Shelley's Boarding

LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

I have put my one and only Spanish Mustang stud up for Stud.

He has a 5* eval and his hgp is in the 40,000s. Plus he's beautiful. Lol Hopefully, he can help your lines as well.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2080937
Shared Farm Log

My other Farms:
Byron Farms
Shelley's Boarding

LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

Yay!!! I got two more colts!! And these are both spotted too.

Now if only I can get some fillies. Lol

Stetson
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2089043

Drifter
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2089044

And the one stud old enough for stud - Rogue Hunter

I'll put the colts up for stud once they reach breeding age.
Shared Farm Log

My other Farms:
Byron Farms
Shelley's Boarding

LadyRuthven
Visit My Farm

Post by LadyRuthven »

I now have 3 Mares! I am willing to work out deals if anyone wants a foal from them. Just let me know.

Artemis
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2090930

Helen
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2091453

Cookie Legacy
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2096548

They are all have really good stats and 5*. I'm so proud of them.
Shared Farm Log

My other Farms:
Byron Farms
Shelley's Boarding

ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Post by ellmovy »

Hello to anyone still interested in this breed/wanting to get into it! I haven't posted in the forum in a very long time, but I thought I'd do a little update on my new line of Spanish Mustangs. I retired my old line that I started way back in 2017 because they didn't have great stats and I had too much cross breeding on. I've now been concentrating on starting by breeding Spanish Jennets & Musangs, and even Spanish Barbs at the moment (not going well it's seems to very hard to get a foal). There are still some traces of my old lines going on & I'm still crossing with other breeds to get some variety in there, but making sure to breed back to purebred faster.

I have a few stallions at stud & hope to have some purebred Spanish Mustangs for sale soon enough (I'm a bit precious with them).

Here are my current puredbred horses, many with 60K+ HGP & including some successful competition horses:
I'm really happy with the general look of them, especially {DFA} Last Man Standing who has a really nice shape. I'm working on getting more interesting colours though - I like duns with really strong primitive markings and I'm not a big fan of the varnish roan a few of them have. I like the colouration on this mixed filly, though her conformation's looking a bit awkward at the moment:

And here are some of the horses I'm breeding to produce new, pure Spanish Mustangs (some also available for stud if you're interested):
Mustangs:

For Breeding Mustangs (Spanish Barb x Andalusian, Spanish Barb x Arabian (For Spanish Barb: WAB x Andalusian, WAB x Spanish Jennet):

Spanish Jennets:

For Breeding Spanish Jennets (NAB, Arabian x Sorraia):

If anyone has had more luck than me with breeding Spanish Barbs, or can relate to how difficult it seems to be please let me know! Or if you have any available !
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

98% Spanish Mustang Filly available

Post by ellmovy »

Have a filly available for under $2000! She's not purebred, but I'm not sure when I'll be taking offers for a pure mare/filly.

53.2K HGP, 1 gold, and no negative stats!

ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Conformation

Post by ellmovy »

I've updated the main post with information on the correct conformation for the breed. Some of course can't be seen in game (e.g. narrow chest, strong hooves) and I only have a premium account every now and then. But a lot can just be evaluated by eye without having access to confo. There were a few things I wasn't sure on, and I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to conformation - I just see a horse and go "oh pretty!" or "oh no" - so let me know if there's anything I should change.

The main thing I need to work on is shortening the backs of my horses, because that's very important and many of mine are way too long.
ellmovy
Visit My Farm

Purebred Spanish Mustangs For Sale

Post by ellmovy »

I have a few purebred/100% Spanish Mustangs for sale at the moment:

{DFA} Draw a Crowd
Colt
Spanish Mustang [+1]
5* Spanish Mustang
HGP: 58,698
+++ Agility, Intelligence \\ + Strength, Speed, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Speed: 27 \\ Strength: 27 \\ Stamina: 33 \\ Balance: 32 \\ Movement: 24 \\ Agility: 52 \\ Tempo: 22
Total: 217

$10,000

{DFA} Junebug Waltz
Colt
Spanish Mustang [+1]
4* Spanish Mustang
HGP: 57,364
+++ Agility, Intelligence \\ ++ Balance \\ + Strength, Speed, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Speed: 30 \\ Strength: 22 \\ Stamina: 35 \\ Balance: 29 \\ Movement: 33 \\ Agility: 48 \\ Tempo: 23
Total: 220

$10,000

{DFA} Higher Ground
Filly
Spanish Mustang [100%]
3* Spanish Mustang
HGP: 58,947
+++ Intelligence \\ ++ Agility \\ + Speed, Stamina, Movement, Tempo, Balance \\ = Strength
Speed: 26 \\ Strength: 35 \\ Stamina: 22 \\ Balance: 28 \\ Movement: 38 \\ Agility: 33 \\ Tempo: 19
Total: 201

$12,000
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm