Community Forum

New Player Giveaway

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
NewGrowth Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: New Player Giveaway

Post by NewGrowth Stables »

Retsi wrote:Anyone joining in 2018 is eligible to win
If you have a main side account from before, please be honest and do not enter!

Retsi's $20,000,000 Giveaway
In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000
Constellation Prizes - $250,000 JUST for participating!

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

winners chosen October 31st
This is my favorite horse, Sun's Kiss.

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1607192

As shown above, this is my favorite horse named Sun's Kiss. Here is her/my made up story of how I got her.

Thanks for doing this!

Mara dropped down on her bed and knitted her eyebrows together in frustration. It wasn't working! Mara just couldn't find the prefect horse. She had been riding English and Western since she was 6 years old, and now that she was fifteen, her parents had agreed that she was responsible enough to have her own horse. Upon hearing this news, Mara had been elated. She had dreamed about this moment from the moment she knew what a horse was. And now, after six months of searching, she had yet to find the perfect mount.

She again began her search of horse breeder's catalogues and magazines. She had narrowed her search down to Arabs, loving their exotic dished faces, regally held tails, and feisty personalities.

She kept going back to two horses in the magazine on her bed. One was a palomino Arabian, named Wind in the Willows, at the age of five years, and eight months. The second was a Blanketed Blood Bay Arab Gelding, at the age of three and a half years old. She knew that she didn't want a green horse, so she was setting her hopes on the mare. The only problem with getting the mare for her own was that the mare was located seven hours away, and having her professionally shipped was too expensive.

Mara couldn't think of a way to get to the mare without spending an arm and a leg on safe transportation.

----------------------------------------------

Bruce Tinker stared at the lovely mare he had bred. She was five years old, and no one wanted her, though she had been up for sale for two and a half years. She was a great horse, he was sure of that, having trained her himself. She was also up to date on all vaccines and shoeing. He wondered how he could get people interested in Wind in the Willows. Maybe it was time to give up on getting rid of her. He could train her more and she could be his personal mount when her dam passed on.

--------------------------------------------

Lexie Mitchel stared at the empty fairgrounds. She was a twenty-one year old on a mission. She had secured a place for a show she had thought up and organized: Sunny Palomino Fair. Now all she needed was to let people know about it.

She had, the day before, designed a flyer and sent it out to everyone in the state. Now she just needed responses.

------------------------------------------------

Bruce Tinker stared at the flyer in his mailbox. Sure, the thing was five hours away, but what if this was his chance? The flyer in his hand advertised a show for palomino horses. It said that the thing was a beauty contest, and a place to show horses you wanted to sell.

Well, he would just have to book a place for Wind in the Willows.

---------------------------------------------

Mara looked at the flyer in excitement! What if Wind in the Willows showed up at this palomino festival the flyer advertised about. She might get the horse of her dreams after all!

"Mom? There is this flyer..." She began.

--------------------------------------------

Lexie grinned at her dad across the kitchen table. Will Mitchel was helping his sprightly daughter with the entries for the palomino fair, and her had a stack of envelopes a foot high in his hands.

"Well, dad, I don't suppose there are any entries in that big stack of envelopes you have there, am I right?" Lexie teased.

"I think you may be mistaken, honey. This here is fifty-three entries."

----------------------------------------------

It was the day of the fair. Bruce straightened his tie. He wanted to look his best for any prospective buyers of Wind in the Willows.

Then he saw a brightly clothed girl around the age of fourteen or fifteen hurrying toward his stall. She was followed by a couple that he assumed was her parents, both in heavy winter parkas.

"Wind!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, you know my horse?" He asked.

"Yes," she hastily replied. "I am sorry for not asking before touching her! It is just that I have wanted her for a while. Has anyone bought her?"

"No, my dear, and you are perfectly fine to hug a horse that seems to be your very soul."

-------------------------------------------------

"Yes," Bruce finished. "I shall cover transportation for 'Wind.'

"Oh thank you!" The girl, Mara, cried."It means so much!"

"One last thing. Win's papers are under the name, Owner's Choice, because I had bred her to sell her. She needs to be given a name before she can have completed pedigree papers. What name do you think is the right one?"

"I don't know," Mara looked a little worried. Then her face lit up with an idea.

-------------------------------------------

"Sun's Kiss!" Mara finally vocalized after looking thoughtful for around ten minutes. "'Sun' because of her color, and 'Kiss' because she is beautiful enough to kiss."

-----------------------------------------

It was settled. Lexie had pulled off her first successful horse event in her equestrian career, Mara had gotten her dream horse, and Bruce had made it out without the horse he loved but didn't need. It all worked out in the end!

THE END.

Thanks for doing this! When can I collect my 250k just for entering? (Because I don't expect to win! :) )
Zuka
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Zuka »

In the spirit of encouraging new players and community, I will be giving away up to twenty million in cash prizes!

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest
To enter, post a link of your favorite horse and make up a story of their origin! IE, how they became your horse, where they are from, how they became a champion, etc

Hi, I was wondering if you are still holding this competition? Would you mind giving placings soon or if the competition is canceled, announcing it. Thank you!
Trained Horse Holder
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Trained Horse Holder »

cora290 wrote:
Retsi wrote: My favorite horse is Fairy Tale http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1388920. I bought her for $1 from someone who didn't want her anymore. She was a newborn. I have trained her, bred her, and she has become my favorite horse! I love her so much!
I believe Fairy Tale came from England. Maybe she was bred to be a racer or something. But when I looked at her, I knew she was a born barrel racer! So, I started to train her. I entered her in local shows till she was about 3. Then it got serious! I started upgrading her speed, stamina, and everything! I entered her in competitions, and started paying for professional trainers to help her. The trainers didnt help much, but the experience did! Fairy Tale may not be a Champion, but she is to me! :D :D :D
THANK YOU!
Sorry if this is random, but
Do You Watch Fairy Tail
{~lilCrazyMalala~}
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by {~lilCrazyMalala~} »

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest

I'm stepped out of the truck at the adoption center. They had some young horses for sale and old. I wanted to check them all out since my last horse, rambo had recently died in a car crash.. There were so many, tall sport horses, big draft horses, small ponies, miniature horses, but one particular stallion caught my eye. He was absolutely stunning. His coat was a beautiful chestnut orange, and he had the most beautiful tobiano marking. I walked up to the stallion and placed my hand into the pasture. He slowly walked forward and placed his nose in my palm and shut his eyes. My eyes begin to water as I remembered Rambo, my old horse. I looked at the for sale sign and scanned the info. He didn't have a name. He deserved one. “I’ll take this one” I said.

After I got home, I put the stallion in my pasture. I decided to let him settle in for the night so I headed to bed to get some rest. The next morning I walked out to the pasture to find him running around and hopping like a complete wild animal. I walked into the pasture attempted to calm him down a little, though it took a little less than an hour I finally got him to settle down a bit. I took the Apple for my back pocket and held it out to him, hoping he would trust me, but all he did was Ignore me, continue the grazing and turn his butt to me. I decided to give it a rest and come back tomorrow. the next day he acted like a total different horse. And this is when I knew I had chosen the perfect horse for me. He was just laying down, I walked up and he didn't even mine standing up! I held up my Apple to him, he sniffed it and then ate it. I took the halter and lead rope out from behind me and rubbed it against his neck, “easy boy” I repeated over and over again. He didn't mind it much. After that I decided to try and put the halter on, he was a total star! There is barely any hesitation and he has probably never even seen a halter in his life! Though this is just the beginning, I know that we wilI be at the top Sooner or Later, there's no denying it!

p.s sorry this is so long, was doing voice to type on my computer and got a little carried away lol.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

1st place - 2,500,000
2nd - 1,500,000
3rd - 1,000,000

The Contest

Did you mean 2018 or 2019?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2028961
My entry if I am eligible.
He is one of my favorites. I actually bought him from walnut the hamster's Chat Room auction for $88,888 :P :lol: Not sure how many other people bid like I do. XD! He was given to me at 4 years. He is my first I have ever gotten to a Master Champ by myself and is very close to getting to a Master GRAND Champ!! :D. He's special. I love his color, as well. I got him full trained. I have given him the most attention out of any of my horses I have in these past HWO Years. :)
I don't really care about the Palomino color too much but I really like his!!
I don't have much more of a story for him... He's older than his father LOL However, his father is a Private Stud which is nice. :D
His mom has passed away... RIP. XD
So, I guess that's all I have for his story! Thanks so much!
-Sawd10
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 10:44 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:44 pm