Community Forum

Story Contest [CLOSED] - 200k Winning Price

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Story Contest [CLOSED] - 200k Winning Price

Post by Little_Cookie771 »

Prizes
1st: 200k
2nd: 100k
3rd: 50k
4th- : 5k

Rules
* Nothing inappropriate
* Would like the story to be 3 to 5 paragraphs long.
* Let your creativity run wild.
* The Contest Ends On The 13th

Fill This Out For Your Character
Name:
Description:
Other:

May the best story win.
Last edited by Little_Cookie771 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Insert an inspirational quote or funny comment]

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
jl1106
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Story Contest- 200k Winning Price

Post by jl1106 »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
May the best story win.
When does the competition end?
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

jl1106 wrote:
Little_Cookie771 wrote:
May the best story win.
When does the competition end?
On the 13th, sorry about not putting it in there

I breed a ton of horses. The most common ones are Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Belgians, and Turkmen. I like to make cursed horses, so I might sell a few from time to time.
KEOverheul
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KEOverheul »

i hope it is not too long.... BTW I am not a good speller

Fill This Out For Your Character
Name: May
Job:None
Personality: Couaragous
Description: Tall and sleek
Other:

On September 9, 2006 a child with autism was born, and her name was May. But her family did not know she had autism until lots of tests were done. When May was born she had a problem with her heart. The doctors did not know what was wrong because they have never experienced that kind of interesting problem. So the scientists had to study her to find out what the problem was. They worked days, and nights, weeks, and weekends, but eventually they decided she was going to have to live with it. But soon she grew out of most of the major problems. She still had some of the problems left in her heart, but they were minor so she would live. That was good news because her family thought that she was not supposed to live. May went to school like any other kid, she played on the playground like any other kid, but one thing she couldn't do was play sports. And Of course that's what she wanted to do most of all. May would go to all the games with her babysitter since her baby sitter was in 6th grade and she was only in second grade. May only had one friend and her name was Mari but then she moved away to England. The way they became friends was because she had heart problems and newly developed lung problems so some boys were teasing her. She hit one of them and then they punched her square in the face. She was the laughing stock of the school, and everyone disliked her because she was different. As May got older her parents started to notice that her face seemed a bit different than most of the other kids. May wasn't developing as well in school either. She was much slower than the other kids in her classes with the school.
May woke up one morning with startle. ¨Hey mom¨ May asked when she went downstairs to have breakfast. ¨I was wondering if I could try out for a sport.¨ May said in a whisper voice. The thing about May was that she never asked her parents for anything. So of course she was nervous when she asked a question. ¨You know you can’t, your lungs and heart.¨ her mom said. ¨Not my soul!¨ May was getting upset. Her mom sighed¨what sport?¨ May
had to think about that for a minute. ¨I was thinking track.¨ May's mom looked at her with a small smile. ¨I´m sure we can make that work.¨

Part 2
When her mom dropped her off at the try-outs she quickly said ¨I love you¨ and headed to the field. The other girls were huddled in a group, and she heard them laughing at her. ¨I can't believe She's trying out¨ said one of the girls. May slowly walked over to the coach ¨Hi i´m May. I´m here to try-out for the track team. They did try-outs, and May was the last one to be done. ¨Hi mom I´m home.¨ ¨How did it go?¨ her mom asked. ¨I don't know they said they would post a poster in the hall tomorrow.¨ May said. the next day there was a poster that was hung up which said who made the team she held her breath and saw she made the team. The mean girls did not like that she tried out and made the team because the coach thought she had potential. They felt that it was not fair to them. After a long day at school she had her first practice. All they did the first day was get to know each other, but one thing happened that was strange to May. She met a boy that looked different from the rest. May walked up to the boy with an innocent look on her face. ¨Hi I´m May, what's your name?¨ He looked really shy, but he brightened once he saw May. ¨umm… I'm Auggie.¨ said the little boy. ¨Are you on the track team?¨ May questioned him. Auggie stared at her, ¨No, but my sister is¨ Auggie was a shy kid, and May knew that right away. ¨What's her name, because maybe I would know her?” May asked him. ¨Her name is Olivia, and she is in that popular group over there.¨ Auggie had a disappointed look on his face.
¨What's wrong?¨ May asked him.
¨I would rather not say¨ ¨Oh come on, you can trust me¨ May watched him for a minute.
¨I would rather not¨ ¨Whatever¨ Auggie walked away kinda fast for what May was hoping for. The next day was another practice. They started off by jumping jacks, and out of nowhere the coach blew his whistle.
¨OK PIPSQUEAKS COME HERE PLEASE!!!!!¨ Of course May was the first one there because she was super excited, and everyone else wasn´t. ¨Today is the second day of practice so let's all do some sprints to see who is the fastest, and so on.” There coach yelled. May was NOT excited. She already knew she was the slowest. Then everyone started to run. ¨Wait did you say go?¨ May asked the coach. The coach nodded and said yes.
¨Hi I´m Shelby¨ this girl was running at the same pace as May was.
¨Hi I´m…..¨
Shelby interrupted, ¨I know who you are, you are May¨
May looked confused ¨How did you know?¨
¨I was in the same hospital as you when we were little¨ Shelby was smiling the whole time she was talking.
With a big grin on her face. They stayed together the whole practice, and after that practice their moms met at a coffee shop while the girls got ice cream.
KEOverheul
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KEOverheul »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
jl1106 wrote: When does the competition end?
I submitted
Little_Cookie771
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

KEOverheul wrote:
Little_Cookie771 wrote: On the 13th, sorry about not putting it in there
I submitted
Thank you for submitting your amazing story.

KEOverheul
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by KEOverheul »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
KEOverheul wrote:
I submitted
Thank you for submitting your amazing story.
Your welcome
jl1106
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by jl1106 »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
jl1106 wrote: When does the competition end?
No problem, just wondering. thx!
bueskm20
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by bueskm20 »

Name:snow
Job:is a horse
Personality:adventous
Description:is a wild horse that is a ghost in the snow storm
Other:midnight a tamed horse and lightning a wild horse

It was a blizzard night when a brown mare and black stallion await for their foal to drop hoping for the best for it not to die from the cold. After hour and hours of waiting he came a young colt. But to the couples suprise the colt was pure * like the blizzard and snow. They named him snowy the ghost of the blizzard.
Years part and the colt learned to be a ghost and where the blizzards went he followed. He lived so lonely with no their horses. His parents were killed by another herd. He learned from snow animals how to stay hidden. He ran around alone looking for places to graze or take shelter. All the other horses saw him only as the ghost and were he is is a bad omen and they must run before the storm hits.
He came through a town as a blizzard was worse and took shelter in a barn. The horses looked at him with amazement .” What is you name young one” the oldest asked. “ I am snowy who are you” he replied ,” I am midnight the brood mare of the barn” she replied.” May I stay the night and could you tell me why you live with man” he asked and the old mare nodded. The young colt walked and snuggled into her side and listened as she told him everything.
The next day he took everything he knew and ran his mind wanted to know should he become with man or stay in the wild. He ran till he found a single lone horse stallion. He ran up to it “ I am snowy may I know who you are” the colt asked. The stallioned huffed “ I am lightning and where is your mother young one” he asked him. “ I am alone but I wish to know about how wild horses live “ the colt asked and the stallioned nodded and spent the whole day telling him all they do and all they are. The colt took it in account and ran to a field between the town and mountains.
He looked at the stars hoping his parents would help him with his decision. He looked at a wild heard and pasture full of horses. He watched as man worked the horses and the wild horses played and ran. He wanted to be seen he wanted to be apart of a family. As he walked to the barn he turned and saw a wild horses looking at him and the leader was lighting. Lightning ran to the colt “ I would like to adopt you as my own” he said nuzzling he colt. The colt cried happily now having a family and ran with the heard to the mountain. The heard known as the heard of ghost.
Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Dreamwood13 »

Little_Cookie771 wrote:
May the best story win.
This story is meant to be much longer. I had to shorten it a great deal.

This is a story about a place within a place.

For a long time, there was a beautiful goddess of life and light, who was the patron of justice. She led the other divines, guided them so as to protect humanity from their tempers and longing to experiment on the earth. The Goddess, called Inara, for her true name was unspoken by mortality, could see the other divines growing tense beneath her instructions. The god of strength grew restless, and the goddess of song wanted to enchant the humans with her voice. Pelinquer, the god of the sky, and Inara's lover, wanted to keep the humans out of the clouds.
Inara resisted them, until one deep night, while the goddess of light and life slept beside Pelinquer, the other divines stole her Staff made from the ancient Iridirre, a beautiful crystal that showed the true colors of its wielder. They used the staff to grant each of their wishes upon the Earth, turning the planet into a dark and lifeless place. Storms ravaged the sky. The young women became ugly, to compliment the jealous goddess of beauty. Music was diminished. Disease ran wild through the lands. Worst of all, the divines tried to kill Inara with her own staff, but the crystal refused to grant them this wish.
When Inara awoke in the morning, she saw the chaos that had ensued. The ignorance of the gods and their inability to cherish humanity's flaws angered her. She restored the Earth to the previous day, but the evil did not end there. Only days after, Pelinquer helped the goddess of sleep, and forced Inara into a physical and mental paralysis. The gods took her staff again and decided to rule a new planet without her. Inara awoke again, and called upon her staff, which appeared to her finally after she waited for ten days. She broke the staff and infused its power into her body, so she would have the strength to create the ultimate punishment.
She looked down upon Earth and found a small forest with a creek that fed into a lake. There she created a new dimension, and called it Skywater Wood. She called upon every divine to stand before her, and she stripped each one of them of their power. She sent them into Skywater, and designed a beautiful forest that would torment them with their deepest annoyances. They could not leave, nor die, and they were forced to live for sixteen years as each monthly cycle destroyed the forest and restored it. She made a special request regarding Pelinquer, who loved her and betrayed her, and decreed that he would fall in love with her reborn body, only to see her die.
But Inara did not leave herself free of blame. She took herself and divided her being into three parts, her heart, her mind, and her soul. She created two other realms, called Icewind and Deadwood, and placed one of the three in each realm, sending her body through Skywater to recollect the missing pieces.
And so the curse was set into place, and sixteen years passed. Inara's body finally passed through Skywater, and watched as the forest filled with toxic water, killing everything in it's path, leaving a mound of bones where the animals had gathered. Then Inara herself, died, transferring to Icewind Cavern in search of the second piece, her mind. She traveled through ruins, deep within the cavern, to solve the puzzle of the past and unlock the deep room, which held Inara's memories. After she solved the puzzle, the cavern collapsed, crushing her and forcing her through sand into the Cloudfire Desert. There, she had to travel until she found the hidden divine palace in the mountain. Full of traps and labyrinths, she climbed until she reached the golden tower, which held her soul and the power to free the divines of their curse.
Inara was once again the goddess, but for a moment, she wondered if she truly wanted to release the divines. After all, they had become ravenous for more power. Would they be doomed to repeat the same mistakes again?
Inara freed the divines, but took her power of justice and gave it to all of the gods. She then distributed the gifts among them again, and lastly, destroyed the Iridirre crystal. Inara became goddess of the sun, but stripped her power of leadership and instead became a member of the divine council, acting as a representative instead of a ruler. Her love for Pelinquer grew again, and the divines saw the beauty of humanity as something to be cherished, for imperfection creates the most colorful story.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm