The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Rare Breed Contest V2.0 (Top Prize 5200 Pony Tokens) Entries are closed

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Re: Rare Breed Contest V2.0 (Top Prize 5200 Pony Tokens) Entries are closed

Post by MikiVCat »

Gaagii wrote:...
Hey, do we get extra points if we train the horse? And also, if I bred from scratch Calvinias just now, may I use those to create new Calvinia's? And last question, does it matter the horses age? Thanks so much!
Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

Gaagii wrote:
Stick wrote:
Ah yeah, I did understand that part of the rules, but what I was wondering about had to do with this part:

"Use of animals for sale/stud (animals not bred by you) - minus 2 points each animal in pedigree"

I understood that to mean that when going through my finished Hequ, any horse that was not bred by me in its lineage would take off points. So, if I use that Tibetan pony that has a big pedigree full of horses bred by someone who is not me, and that pedigree ends up attached to my Hequ's pedigree, all those ancestors will take points off of the total. Or did I misunderstand that?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right before I end up digging myself into a hole. :lol:
That ties with the usage of horses from your chosen breed you didn't breed. So if you bred to a Hequ stud owned by player A & bought a Hequ mare from player B they're all gonna be penalized. Anything else won't be.
Oh! So it's not just any horse not bred by you, it only applies to horses of your ending breed? Oh goodness, that changes a lot then, haha. Glad I asked! I was about to go and start breeding from the ground up to avoid penalties. :lol:
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

MikiVCat wrote:
Hey, do we get extra points if we train the horse? And also, if I bred from scratch Calvinias just now, may I use those to create new Calvinia's? And last question, does it matter the horses age? Thanks so much!
I didn't really consider training for points as not sure if everyone can train their horses (money & what not). I'll do something up.

Are those Calvinias yours? If not, unfortunately no.

Age doesn't matter
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

Okay some clarification:

1) You will not get penalized if you use (buy from market, use as stud) horses of other breeds. Example, let's say I wanted to make a Latvian Harness Horse:
I wouldn't get penalized breeding to Dole Gudbrandsdals or North Swedish Horses.
I would get penalized breeding to Latvian Harness Horses. This includes horses with low COI, from scratch, and/or not overly bred.

2) Training. If you wanna train the horses that is up to you. Unless all supplied horses are trained, however, I won't give any points to training as not every player can train and/or afford to have their horses trained.

3) Age doesn't matter.

4) If you are running out of room on your account(s) you can feel free to sell your chosen breed horses. However, keep the horse's links - even link them as you breed them here - so that they can be evaluated.

5) Number of horses to breed. 10. If you breed more than 10 please note that only 10 will be evaluated.

Any questions feel free to ask.
_h a z e l_ wrote:....
Horse Heaven wrote:....
KYTrainer wrote:....
Tisha wrote:....
Hazel wrote:....
SilverSaddle wrote:....
Ljusalv wrote:....
BrokenOak wrote:....
MikiVCat wrote:....
778catsdogshorses33 wrote:....
All In Stables wrote:....
Stick wrote:....
Shill Farm wrote:....
Wyoming Acres wrote:....
Little_Cookie771 wrote:....
hdmcminn wrote:....
Kamichi Stables wrote:....
Plume Horse Association

Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

Great clarification, thanks!
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Last edited by MikiVCat on Fri May 03, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Player:MikiVCat
Side:MikiVCat2
Breed: Calvinia
Players Who Helped: N/A
First Colt

Second Colt

Third Colt

Fourth Colt

First Filly

Second Filly

Third Filly

Fourth Filly

Fifth Filly

Sixth Filly
Last edited by MikiVCat on Sat May 11, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Hey!! Just a question... can you judge mine early and just have record of the points? I am planning to use my 10 to continue breeding and if they pass on you can't see their stats or eval... thanks and let me know!
Gaagii
Visit My Farm

Post by Gaagii »

MikiVCat wrote:
Hey!! Just a question... can you judge mine early and just have record of the points? I am planning to use my 10 to continue breeding and if they pass on you can't see their stats or eval... thanks and let me know!
Yep no worries. I won't judge now but am recording their stats info (gold, greens, hgp, etc.)/your name & saving it on a word file. It's what I'd do for any others' supplied horses that may age out.
Plume Horse Association

MikiVCat
Visit My Farm

Post by MikiVCat »

Gaagii wrote:
MikiVCat wrote:
Yep no worries. I won't judge now but am recording their stats info (gold, greens, hgp, etc.)/your name & saving it on a word file. It's what I'd do for any others' supplied horses that may age out.

Alright, I just added in the rest of my entry. It's all set! Thanks so much :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 am