Community Forum

Competition system improvement and minor suggestions

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Competition system improvement and minor suggestions

Post by Bitapetrone »

texí wrote:I don't like this idea, I put horses into competitions from my freeze account and it would be impossible for me to have horses with titles, you could also say the breeding should take some energy too, but that would ruin the game, everything above master champion would be totally impossible.
It wouldn't be impossible. It would just limit the higher titles to horses that could win consistently enough to get the higher titles. As it stands now, with enough time spent on a frozen account, basically anything can get the highest title and that significantly cuts its value.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Sorry for doubleposting
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Bitapetrone wrote:
texí wrote:I don't like this idea, I put horses into competitions from my freeze account and it would be impossible for me to have horses with titles, you could also say the breeding should take some energy too, but that would ruin the game, everything above master champion would be totally impossible.
It wouldn't be impossible. It would just limit the higher titles to horses that could win consistently enough to get the higher titles. As it stands now, with enough time spent on a frozen account, basically anything can get the highest title and that significantly cuts its value.
I wanted to answer like you :lol:
It would also make the life a little bit easier - you wouldn't need to put so much effort into competitions to make your line appealing. Even a strong line of GChs would be enough to prove the abilities of your horses. And the highest title will really mean this horse is the best of the best.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Bombicilla wrote: Yes, the game put us in such conditions. And about it already there was a theme with analysis of honesty of a set of such points. You used to dissuade yourself saying "everyone can come and beat my horses" and I agreed with this because I did not know about the bug (I do not know if this is a bug, explain to me plz) with the start of the competition. But now I know and I can clearly say that you used it.
No, the game did not push you to cheat in order to get ahead. You chose to do that. That's entirely on your head. I didn't exploit any bugs -- I'm not you ;)
Bombicilla wrote: But okay, now these records are broken. I was not interested in these horses, but I believe that they were broken by a long and stubborn recording. And then we run into another problem: an endless recording. As a result, the other two tops will not be the best horse, but the oldest horse. Even if at some point the champions are better than her, they will have to sooooo long to beat this record if they ever want to. Thus, all three tops are dead. Therefore, probably now there is such a war for world records, which can not be faked.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Bombicilla wrote: Now let's return to the question of money. In the spring, you were 1 in the top on scores and you admitted that it was an error test. Okay, say, I believe. So my research on earnings was also a kind of test. And since spring, I DO NOT DO ANYTHING to multiply my money. It increases simply because of the work of the bug. The problem is that my "cheating" is noticeable, because I wanted to do so. But I'm sure, the same thing turns out a lot of players (especially after the voice acting of how this bug works), but on a smaller scale. Therefore, money has long been not a problem for anyone. They are as much a fiction as points.

And I repeat, EVERYONE who has a competition uses this bug, because the money for the purse is not removed, and the owner also receives % of the tickets.

If you want the bugs not to be used, remove them. Because it will not be such that no one will use them while they exist.
Not that there's any reason to waste my time explaining this to you , but -- My error test showed that there was not a bug relating to added purses at the time. The 50mil was returned to me only because my horses took all of the top placings. I made an extra 500 dollars or something off of entry fees from one outside horse and the game-generated purse. I did not end up with an additional 50mil as if the money were not pulled from my account. In fact, iirc, the money was pulled from my account as soon as I made the show.

You discovered a new bug, and chose to exploit it in order to give yourself billions by running shows on a daily basis that only your own horses could enter.
Last edited by Argent on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Farant wrote:
Argent wrote: Way to be ungrateful. The admins have a life outside of this game, a family, and careers.

And if people are gullible enough to not go through the competition histories and see that all of those earnings, points, and titles were earned in bloated shows, then I don't have much sympathy for them getting conned. I'm not trying to lower the importance of points -- they have no importance to lower. They're too easily won and too easily manipulated and4 that makes them worthless.
Why am I being ungrateful? It has nothing to do with gratitude. It is a project which needs to be mantained properly. Everyone can be on my place. Or you're trying to say the community should beg for the bug to be fixed?

Bloated points and winnings should be removed.
You asserting the the admins are not paying attention to the bug is extremely rude and disrespectful. They were made aware of a bug, attempted to fix it, and have not had the time in their busy personal lives to return to check on the repairs.

Yes, all of the bloated points and earnings should be removed. How exactly that could be done, I have no idea, considering deleting one show was too much hassle.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

I am not disrespectful. I want to finally see the bug fixed, because 6 months are clearly not enough to do it. Why should I be concerned about the personal life? We all have it, but players find time to come and play. Why the stuff cannot find it? It's their duty to keep the game in good condition, and they receive the money players are paying for the bonuses and premium. You're making excuses for the people who don't want to do their job as it should be done.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Farant wrote:Why should I be concerned about the personal life? We all have it, but players find time to come and play. [...] It's their duty to keep the game in good condition, and they receive the money players are paying for the bonuses and premium. You're making excuses for the people who don't want to do their job as it should be done.
You're an a**hole. Finding time to play a game is not the same thing as finding time to BUILD and maintain one. This game is their hobby, not their "duty." They could choose to never update it again or delete it tomorrow if they felt like it. You're paying for the game AS IS not for some promised future version, and you have no entitlement to anything more than what it currently is.
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

So, I’ll try to explain how this works, AGAIN.

You create a competition with the added purse. Lets assume you want it to be held only once. In this case all will work as it should. Money will be withdrawn from your account and assigned as prize money. The interesting thing happens when you create a competition with a recurrence. When the first round is ended, additional purse for the next will not be taken from your account. That’s really all. More rounds – more money. All players who create competitions with recurrence use the bug, intentionally or not.

Do you understand? I create competitions with 1 billion purse (for example), ONCE I spend this billion on creation, and then EVERY DAY I get a billion, winning in my own competitions.

Your words like Not that there's any reason to waste my time explaining this to you , but — My error test showed that there was not a bug relating to added purses at the time. are actually wrong. You couldn’t do the test properly, because you didn’t even tried. All that was important was the amount of points your horses can get. There was no test. Competitions were run by entering all your horses at once without recurrence. When you filled one show, it disappeared from the list and you could create another to fill it and gain another thousand of points. There was exploitation of the game engine in order to give the points to the desired horses. Nothing more. This, by the way, is called bugusing.

Also, you really think no one except me knows about it? I should say it’s totally wrong. Do you assume that if I was intended to hide the bug and use it as a real cheater would do, I would accumulate such a fortune? Of course, no. It’s just stupid to make the things so easy to notice.

Look at the top – do you think all these billions are the exact amount of money I have? No, there’s just money won by my horses. I also receive money from the players who enter their horses, buy expensive tickets and I receive 50% as it should be. Competitions are popular. I do not lose additional purse money. I do enter my horses occasionally, and prize money may add up.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Bombicilla wrote: Do you understand? I create competitions with 1 billion purse (for example), ONCE I spend this billion on creation, and then EVERY DAY I get a billion, winning in my own competitions.
This is a bug and you are exploiting it. Congrats -- you're cheating.
Bombicilla wrote: Your words like Not that there's any reason to waste my time explaining this to you , but — My error test showed that there was not a bug relating to added purses at the time. are actually wrong. You couldn’t do the test properly, because you didn’t even tried. All that was important was the amount of points your horses can get. There was no test. Competitions were run by entering all your horses at once without recurrence. When you filled one show, it disappeared from the list and you could create another to fill it and gain another thousand of points. There was exploitation of the game engine in order to give the points to the desired horses. Nothing more. This, by the way, is called bugusing.
No, actually that's not what I did. But thanks for making a fool out of yourself by assuming that. In reality, if you have any interest in facts and truth and such: I had daily recurring shows which I entered my horses in to accumulate points, purely out of boredom; AND I ran a million dollar show and found that I did not then receive an additional million dollars after it ran. My own money was returned to me, and nothing more. And there was definitely the opportunity for people to enter my recurring shows, because unlike you I did not restrict it to a breed that only I owned. I've said this multiple times, but you still can't seem to grasp that. Do you need simpler language, or what?
Bombicilla
Visit My Farm

Post by Bombicilla »

Oh, of course, you accumulated points because of boredom, but when the other player does it – it’s cheating? Do you know that you’re a hypocrite? I know it’s hard to accept you’re wrong. But I will try to explain it for one last time. Not for you, but for all. I hope they’ll understand.

I’m tired to explain my point about game mechanics once again. But I can tell that everyone who hosts competitions with recurrence, uses the bug. He may get 10k or 10kk, it doesn’t matter. It is in the game mechanics.

When I started to play, competitions were much cheaper. The most expensive and rare were competitions with 70k+ purse. It was the time when money was worth something. Until I discovered the bug. And you know, I wasn’t the one who knows about it. People knew about it and used it just enough to get money to make themselves comfortable. And they were aware and didn’t have any intention to report about it. It’s not fair. I have a lot of experience with free-to-play games with in-game shop included, like here. I know about the gap between common players and premiums who pay lots of money to have advantage. It’s annoying to be among the most vulnerable players who play as background and can’t reach even the middle level. I didn’t want the same fate for others.

When I realized the bug will not be fixed in time (well, it was discovered and explained long ago) and you, as the player who’s close to the admin team, says it’s totally okay, I had only one way – to make the situation so apparent it can’t be avoided anymore.

That’s why I made astronomical sums for myself – to ensure others can see it and know this is impossible to get such a money without cheating. And I just started to re-distribute the money among all community through the competitions with insanely high purses and 1$ entry fee. More than that, players are not dumb, they understood and started to repeat it. Everyone who has a bit of brain can and will do the same. To add even more, I wrote a line in my signature which says ‘ask for the money and I’ll give it to you”.

Your disagreement says you don’t have a clue about in-game situation. Look at the competitions! 50k-100k purse is completely normal thing. It was impossible a year ago. I can name several competitions with purses much higher than 100k. And these competitions are insanely popular. The bigger the purse the higher the demand. Look at the sales, can you remember what it was a year ago? Now you see a lot of money, hundreds of thousands for a really good horse, and up to a milliard for the unique animal. Would it be possible without me?

Now let’s talk about my breeds. I will talk about Estonian native, but it’s true for all the breeds I keep. Do you know how many horses were there when I started? 0. While I developed the breed someone else got 1 horse, and that’s all. When I was breeding them actively, I managed the population of 100 horses, because it’s hard to do more by yourself. And my goal was to make the breed popular, like the Arabian. How did I do that? Competitions with high purses created specifically for one breed! When people see that competition, they start searching for the horses, they buy them, they breed. I didn’t do the same thing as the Kaimanawa’s breeder did (no offence). I just started to sell them. And they became popular! There was more than 400 horses. And I started to lose my own competitions (then http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... ?edition=6 and now http://www.horseworldonline.net/competitions/view/37648) , but I continued to support breeders by hosting the competitions and taking part in it. This was enough until some players got highly specialized horses and I decided to make a different routine, different disciplines, levels, purses. I did that because people need something new and interesting, and it keeps them going. It helps them to get the support they need to continue their breeding. I kept selling horses to make sure everyone can get them. After that I made in-hand jumping competitions, and players were quick to breed the horses they needed to win. Do you understand the real value of this competitions?

But why the money? Because there’s nothing as effective as big money. Getting the great number of wins is unnecessary, it kills the competition instead of creating it. Points? But this recourse of motivation is lost because of you. People know how to get infinite points, and now the points are irrelevant. The one thing that can evaluate the horse is its results and world records. You told us that points are irrelevant, but now the money are irrelevant too, you can get any amount of it without any difficulty.

And to finish your whines about “my competitions are open for all breeds, just come and beat me” - I can give you Estonian who’s able to beat mst of the population. I do it all the time. Will you give away the horse who’s able to beat yours? I don’t think so. And here’s the difference.

Now about competition. Do you know why I am not hesitant to sell my best horses? Because I will always get better horses. And others will do it too. But what will happen when you got the trophies and now you’re hiding somewhere? There’s no competition. Of course, it would be right to say something like “do the same! Come and beat me! What’s the problem?” But the community here is not alive enough for such an ultimatum. That’s why artificially created gap will kill all desire to fight. And if the game isn’t updating and evolving, there’s a need to create artificial source of competition, but very carefully and slowly. More than that, when you’ll get all the trophies, you’re bored. When the weak player is robbed of chance to get his small trophy as well, he will go away. And the game will lose both.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:14 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:14 pm