Community Forum

Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Post by Farant »

Hello! I have couple suggestions that have been on my mind for a while.

1. Geldings.
I really can't understand why this feature doesn't exist. WHY????
It allows people to sell off unneeded horses without fear of losing their unique line to a stranger. I'm a big breeder with several years of experience, and I can't sell any of my colts because I have zero control of what happens to the horse after it's sold. If my colt ends up on studs, someone else will benefit off my hard work without my permission.

2. Competitions should cost energy (just like breeding).
This makes horse's performance important. There's no reason to breed better horses to compete now, you can enter 10.000 competitions with adopted horse and earn the highest title. Isn't that weird? Breeding consumes energy, the next logical step is to make competition's cost something as well. This will make competitions harder, but it's how it should be. One horse won't be able to dominate everyone just because it was born early and entered in thousands of competitions over the course of months if not years. This will boost breeding as well, because breeding one ultimate horse won't be the answer anymore, and champions will retire(especially if they're geldings). Consequently, players who don't have the ability to train horses fast, will ask others to do that or invest money into their own accounts, because the younger the horse is and the better it is trained, the more money it will earn.

3. Rankings should be reset.
This should be done to make two previous points work as they should, or #2 is absolutely useless and even harmful and #1 is not as effective.
Rankings are all false now (except World Records), they don't represent the horse's abilities, just that it was there long enough to accumulate insane amount of points. You can adopt a horse and make it #1 in the game if you have enough time and patience to enter it in all shows every day for months (or years).
If there's a cost for every competition, ridiculous megachampions in every discipline won't exist anymore. If champions retire on constant basis, there will always be the need for new, better horses, there will be progress, competition, new names, new bloodlines!

4. New ways to spend money and other improvements.
I have 80kk on both my accounts and I don't even try to earn money, I have nothing to spend them on. It would be ideal to exchange money for PT, even at very high rate, like 1kk = 1 PT or something like that.

I'd like to have bigger pastures and barns, 24 or 36 or even 50 horses instead of 12. It's not comfortable to manage big breeding projects when you have 15 small pastures and need to check them all every other game year. I'd pay anything to reduce strain on my fingers from constant clicking. Regular pastures are not enough, why not make bigger ones and allow people more flexible management of their farm?

Also, I think sales ads should be time limited and there should be an option to sort out offers only ones. If I want to buy the horse right now, it's tiring to read through dozens of offers only posts which have been there for months. Marketplace is covered in old posts from inactive accounts. Search system is very lacking, with such a complex breeders report it's very hard to find a particular stat or their combination. I think there should be at least the ability to sort and order by HGP and certain stat's color.

That's all I have to say for now. I know that some of my points are quite controversial and require lots of work, especially wiping all rankings, but I firmly believe it will do good for the game.
{Elite Dressage Horses} - World Record level horses made to move like Jagger.
RoyalCrownAcres
Visit My Farm

Re: Controversial suggestions, opinions needed.

Post by RoyalCrownAcres »

I agree with everything said. One reason I went inactive for a while is because I lost interest in setting new goals because it became the same thing over and over. Breed. Sell. Train. Stud out. Rinse and repeat. I also think that if your account hasn’t been active for, less say a year, it should be deleted. I see so many nice horses that are for offers only in the market and the player hasn’t been online since 2017. I also think that there should be an account owned by the game that maybe players can send horses to that have good stats etc. so that other players can use them. I also have many of other ideas, but some I have already expressed and Larissar and Tom have responded so I won’t put them here. However I will try and find the topic if possible.
elizabeth1
Visit My Farm

Post by elizabeth1 »

Im all for this!!!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Controversial, perhaps, but not without merit. Many, if not all of these have been expressed before. And I've already put in my two-cents enough, I feel.
So I'm only putting in a quick rundown of my past responses.

1) Geldings, of COURSE! I'm for this coming through soon enough. I'm hoping for the upgrade in training first, then shortly thereafter geldings and approved breedings. And of course, I'm never opposed to new color additions. :D

2) I would like to see energy usage on player-made competitions as well. Not sure what I would like... 10 pts per competition? 5 pts? Anyway, competitions in real life take all daily energy, but we can participate in MANY classes in a single day. Then there are certain styles of competitions that shouldn't be held daily, like racing. So I think as long as energy consumption comes at some point for player-mades, I'll be satisfied no matter what admin decided is appropriate. HOWEVER! Putting something like this in to the game right now, might be a little more detrimental if only because we don't have a lot of people entering competitions to keep them running on schedule. So though I would like to see this added, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate time for it. That's personal opinion.

3) I'm all for a reset. Keep the world records, just empty the rankings again. We had that happen when the world records came in. I'd like to see the rankings emptied on a regular basis, but this is one of those topics that does keep coming up and there's a lot of sway from one side to the other. I'd like to see an overall-all-time, style and a regular, yearly or monthly one.

4) It would be nice to have some other money spending options. But I feel these are coming in time.
I am WHOLLY against trading PT for money or money for PT. It would change the game dynamics and although I WANT to be able to do it myself, I think it's a gnarly, downhill ride.
Having a better or a more customizable farm management page would be helpful and I could easily vote for something like that.

As for the market.
******First, to sort out offers only, just put $1 as your lowest limit and you will have to put in an upper limit.******
Then none of the offers only will sort in, they'll be kicked out.

I'm for more sort-able options and also time limits on ads, especially offers only ads.

Okay, closing my two-cents. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Thanks for your replies!

I'd say that monthly reset is too often, something like half a year is okay. And reset is a touchy subject for sure, but if we keep it like it's now, the game will suffer from stagnation (already does imo). People should be able to imagine themselves at the top, at least in the distant future, that's when awesome projects start. I have many champions too, I have world records under my belt, but I am ready to lose all that to see new goals and new heights I can achieve.
Electron
Visit My Farm

Post by Electron »

As someone who left the game for 2+ years and only came back out of nostalgia and not having much else to do, I agree with just about everything here. One of the reasons I left was because I felt like this is a great game with a ton of potential... but I was getting tired of being told "Oh yes, that feature will be out soon/in a few months/we're working on it!" only for nothing to ever get done/progressed/updated.

This is not meant to disparage the amount of time and effort that the admins have put into the game so far; as I know that life can get busy and that they are doing this as basically their hobby, it is just how I (and I suspect many others) feel.

With that rather lengthy introduction, I will say again what I said many years ago: I don't think competitions, as they are now, should cost energy. Yes, one day they should and I think that that would be the most realistic option, but it may also discourage people from competing as much and this game needs all the help it can get as far as engagement.

Now as far as geldings, more things to spend $$$ on, and resetting the rankings? Full steam ahead! Personally I don't think I would use the gelding feature unless it provided a significant boost to competitions because I like to share my lines with others and don't care if people piggy back off of me, but I understand why some would want it.

In short: Do I agree? YES. Do I think it will get done any time soon? Most likely not.
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

Electron wrote:As someone who left the game for 2+ years and only came back out of nostalgia and not having much else to do, I agree with just about everything here. One of the reasons I left was because I felt like this is a great game with a ton of potential... but I was getting tired of being told "Oh yes, that feature will be out soon/in a few months/we're working on it!" only for nothing to ever get done/progressed/updated.

This is not meant to disparage the amount of time and effort that the admins have put into the game so far; as I know that life can get busy and that they are doing this as basically their hobby, it is just how I (and I suspect many others) feel.

With that rather lengthy introduction, I will say again what I said many years ago: I don't think competitions, as they are now, should cost energy. Yes, one day they should and I think that that would be the most realistic option, but it may also discourage people from competing as much and this game needs all the help it can get as far as engagement.

Now as far as geldings, more things to spend $$$ on, and resetting the rankings? Full steam ahead! Personally I don't think I would use the gelding feature unless it provided a significant boost to competitions because I like to share my lines with others and don't care if people piggy back off of me, but I understand why some would want it.

In short: Do I agree? YES. Do I think it will get done any time soon? Most likely not.
I left the game for some time as well. Basically because I've achieved what I wanted and I didn't see any point in coming back unless new interesting features are added. I spent some time playing after I've returned and I can't believe that game didn't even change much. It's truly unique project, there's nothing else like that out there, but to be honest you can't play the same thing for years no matter how unique it is.
Calm Blue Ocean
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Calm Blue Ocean »

Completely agree!
Farant
Visit My Farm

Post by Farant »

As I play the game, I encounter more and more weird places where interface should be improved.
The first one I'd like to mention is competitions. Given that I have a stallion I'd like to enter in all lvl 1 competitions, it's not possible to sort competitions out by gender. Geldings do not exist, but there are competitions made for them and I have to check every single one before entering. Seriously?

Same one for breeds. There are tons of breed-specific competitions and no way to sort them out.
hdmcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by hdmcminn »

Farant wrote:Hello! I have couple suggestions that have been on my mind for a while.

1. Geldings.
I really can't understand why this feature doesn't exist. WHY????
It allows people to sell off unneeded horses without fear of losing their unique line to a stranger. I'm a big breeder with several years of experience, and I can't sell any of my colts because I have zero control of what happens to the horse after it's sold. If my colt ends up on studs, someone else will benefit off my hard work without my permission.

2. Competitions should cost energy (just like breeding).
This makes horse's performance important. There's no reason to breed better horses to compete now, you can enter 10.000 competitions with adopted horse and earn the highest title. Isn't that weird? Breeding consumes energy, the next logical step is to make competition's cost something as well. This will make competitions harder, but it's how it should be. One horse won't be able to dominate everyone just because it was born early and entered in thousands of competitions over the course of months if not years. This will boost breeding as well, because breeding one ultimate horse won't be the answer anymore, and champions will retire(especially if they're geldings). Consequently, players who don't have the ability to train horses fast, will ask others to do that or invest money into their own accounts, because the younger the horse is and the better it is trained, the more money it will earn.

3. Rankings should be reset.
This should be done to make two previous points work as they should, or #2 is absolutely useless and even harmful and #1 is not as effective.
Rankings are all false now (except World Records), they don't represent the horse's abilities, just that it was there long enough to accumulate insane amount of points. You can adopt a horse and make it #1 in the game if you have enough time and patience to enter it in all shows every day for months (or years).
If there's a cost for every competition, ridiculous megachampions in every discipline won't exist anymore. If champions retire on constant basis, there will always be the need for new, better horses, there will be progress, competition, new names, new bloodlines!

4. New ways to spend money and other improvements.
I have 80kk on both my accounts and I don't even try to earn money, I have nothing to spend them on. It would be ideal to exchange money for PT, even at very high rate, like 1kk = 1 PT or something like that.

I'd like to have bigger pastures and barns, 24 or 36 or even 50 horses instead of 12. It's not comfortable to manage big breeding projects when you have 15 small pastures and need to check them all every other game year. I'd pay anything to reduce strain on my fingers from constant clicking. Regular pastures are not enough, why not make bigger ones and allow people more flexible management of their farm?

Also, I think sales ads should be time limited and there should be an option to sort out offers only ones. If I want to buy the horse right now, it's tiring to read through dozens of offers only posts which have been there for months. Marketplace is covered in old posts from inactive accounts. Search system is very lacking, with such a complex breeders report it's very hard to find a particular stat or their combination. I think there should be at least the ability to sort and order by HGP and certain stat's color.

That's all I have to say for now. I know that some of my points are quite controversial and require lots of work, especially wiping all rankings, but I firmly believe it will do good for the game.

I absolutely love and agree with all these suggestions. I have been playing this game for years now and I remember the first time that I had the #1 horse. It was the most thrilling thing and I really enjoyed it for the amount of time that I had it but I've been advocating for aging ranked horses out for a long time now and I always do with mine because where's the thrill in not constantly improving. The best horses in the game are for the most part not represented on that board. And it's a pity. Every committed player should have the opportunity to experience the excitement of making it onto a board with a great horse!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm