Favorite Horse World Online Horses

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Favorite Horse World Online Horses

Post by BlackOak2 »

Aela wrote:...
Since playing this game, I have found I'm able to 'see' horse colors much more accurately in real life. So although this game is just a game, it has really sharpened my equine knowledge much more accurately then even working in barns and being around horses on a daily basis. None of the other games I've played in the past have sharpened my real life skills to this degree, if at all. So I continue to be very happy with HWO and hope that our admins continue to keep it operational.

All winter it's been wet and squishy here. The kind of ground that if you step on the mud, it slides like on skates rather than squishing out from underfoot. Though I have no horse's here, there's a farm just down the road that has a couple of what do appear to be double creams. Well, they used to appear to be double creams! Recently they look more like chestnuts and browns. The field even appears to be nothing but a mud bog these days and it sits on a slight slope.
I do not envy anybody any day that must clean off a mud horse in the middle of icy winter. And I empathize way too much with those trials.
So now we're heading into the wet season, also known as spring... yea... :roll:
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

BlackOak2 wrote:So now we're heading into the wet season, also known as spring... yea... :roll:
Oh no haha, poor owners. We've had our winters very late the last couple of years, so just when you think it's getting warmer... BOOM, lots of snow in middle/late April - not nice. I'm driving halfway across the country next week (really not that far and I'll be sitting in the passenger seat, but still) with my horse so fingers are crosses for less wind and rain.

Definitely also very grateful that HWO exists. It's the only online horse game I want to play anymore, almost purely because of the admins' awesome work, and the nice community of course :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I had a couple freshly planted plants die last year because of those late freezes too. It sucked. I'm hoping the rootstock survived, it's a possibility.
Good luck with you trip, but if you're in the US anywhere, you may have more luck attempting to avoid the warm weather then the wind and rain. Of course, who knows? The weather not just in the US has been really crazy recently. That trick "wait five minutes, it'll change" is becoming a mantra for quite a few places nowadays.
I found very quickly after beginning to play HWO, that the other couple I was playing at that point (or trying out in the case of two others), were very quickly discarded and in fact forgotten. A year after I started this game, I realized I hadn't even visited those other ones in almost as long.
So I think we all share feelings along the same lines about HWO.
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

BlackOak2 wrote:...
Thanks! I'm from Denmark, so that's about 4500 miles from the US :P You're never too far away from the coast here, so it's very often super windy and it's such a small country that driving across it isn't likely to bring a big change in the weather. But yeah, I've heard about the crazy weather you (if you're from the US) have been having.

Here's to hoping it won't be as crazy next year, when I finally get to go!
Realistic Breed Project

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Yup! From the US. It's definitely a trip living here. Both good and bad.

And Here-Here! I hope next year when you visit this side of the 'Big Pond' you do have a fun time. The weather can be quite horrendous here, but at the same time it can be SO fun to watch. After all, how often can you really see horizontal rain without the hurricane? Or sunshine during rain or snow?
Or twin tornadoes with lightening and a rainbow...
AHAH! :lol:
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

BlackOak2 wrote:Or twin tornadoes with lightening and a rainbow...
We'll be roadtripping (is that even a word?) down the east coast before driving south west into the country, so we'll just about touch the edge of tornado alley probably late May. I've heard enough to know that that's right in the middle of the "bad" season. But I'm not a daredevil of any sorts, so I'd rather stay put relaxing for an extra few days than being stuck in the middle of nowhere being chased by a tornado-spawning cloud that's desperate for a nice, human hug

No better excuse for staying on vacation for longer than 'a tornado did it'!
Realistic Breed Project

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

We (US peoples) have a tendency to talk like seeing or experiencing a tornado happens almost on cue. In fact, however, especially if you're visiting, you're pretty unlikely to see one, let alone come under a watch. Of course, I say such, with the knowledge that when I went visiting in Nebraska for a week, my sister and I came under two separate watches in three days. Watches aren't something to worry too much about. Warnings, duck for cover. Underpasses are not safe (in fact, it creates wind tunnel effects). And always travel perpendicular to the danger. Well, in a car. Even out there in the flatlands of the breadbasket, random strangers will allow you to take cover in their storm cellars in those events.
It's rather creepy if you think about it... :? :roll:
But it is still fun to see them in person. From far off. :D
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

BlackOak2 wrote:
We (US peoples) have a tendency to talk like seeing or experiencing a tornado happens almost on cue. In fact, however, especially if you're visiting, you're pretty unlikely to see one, let alone come under a watch. Of course, I say such, with the knowledge that when I went visiting in Nebraska for a week, my sister and I came under two separate watches in three days. Watches aren't something to worry too much about. Warnings, duck for cover. Underpasses are not safe (in fact, it creates wind tunnel effects). And always travel perpendicular to the danger. Well, in a car. Even out there in the flatlands of the breadbasket, random strangers will allow you to take cover in their storm cellars in those events.
It's rather creepy if you think about it... :? :roll:
But it is still fun to see them in person. From far off. :D
sorry to butt in on the conversation but I saw my first tornado in 2010. My spouse is a tornado chaser and we almost got too close. .......
Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

vallers wrote:...
Would be comfortable with seeing one far off, but that's about it. Maybe if I had a chaser spouse I would get closer - but glad you didn't end up getting too close, vallers. All we get here are a few thunderstorms a year and maybe a semi-weak hurricane once in a while. Lightning struck a neighbour's house once and it killed our oven. No baking for weeks, it was horrible...

It's easy to forget how big the US is, especially when you've never been there. Everything is smaller here - Norway is 5 hours away, Sweden 4 and Germany 2, and I (living in the opposite side of the country) can travel to the capitol, spend a day there and be home at a reasonable time the same night no problem haha.
Realistic Breed Project

vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

Aela wrote:
vallers wrote:...
Would be comfortable with seeing one far off, but that's about it. Maybe if I had a chaser spouse I would get closer - but glad you didn't end up getting too close, vallers. All we get here are a few thunderstorms a year and maybe a semi-weak hurricane once in a while. Lightning struck a neighbour's house once and it killed our oven. No baking for weeks, it was horrible...

It's easy to forget how big the US is, especially when you've never been there. Everything is smaller here - Norway is 5 hours away, Sweden 4 and Germany 2, and I (living in the opposite side of the country) can travel to the capitol, spend a day there and be home at a reasonable time the same night no problem haha.
I've been through a tornado, hurricane, and i prefer the hurricane.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:46 am