Community Forum

RETSI'S RACEHORSES (Reviews)

Retsi
Visit My Farm

RETSI'S RACEHORSES (Reviews)

Post by Retsi »

If you've purchased one of my racers or used one of my studs, I'd love some feedback on how well or unwell they're doing! Please if you own one of my trained horses, answer some questions for me! If you've used one of my boys, let me know about his foals!

For Purchased Horses
These are merely examples, you may make your own comments!

How has your horse fared in racing competitions alone?

Have your bred your horse? How many times?

Are you happy with the foals your horse has produced?

Overall, would you say that you would purchase an SF racehorse again or recommend them to someone looking?

For Studs

Which SF stud did you use, did you like your foal(s)?

Would you recommend an SF stud that you've used to someone else looking for a race stallion?

Would you say you are pleased with how your foal turned out as a yearling or the way it looked body wise over 3 years of age?

You don't have to answer all of these, of course but please feel free to! I would love to see how people feel about their horse(s)!
Last edited by Retsi on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
⋆ℜ⋆ Roaring River Equestrian ⋆ℜ⋆
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: RETSI'S RACEHORSES (Reviews)

Post by Tisha »

Retsi wrote:
Are you happy with the foals your horse has produced?

Quite pleased. Though almost all were rehomed, about three was promising, and Candlelight Sprint's grandcolt is extremely promising. (Only about 20% of 40 foals that are born every year survive the rehoming party)

Overall, would you say that you would purchase an SF racehorse again or recommend them to someone looking?

Yes, it's always good introduce new blood into my stock. It depends. If the someone is a newbie, I won't. Your horses tend to be more expensive, mine even more so.

I used SF Candlelight Sprint, along with his son, SF Champagne Supernova.

Would you recommend an SF stud that you've used to someone else looking for a race stallion?
[/color]

Perhaps, it depends on which stud it is, of course. But in general, yes.

Thanks for putting SF Candlelight Sprint up for stud!
<CS> Racers
Sypherthrax
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sypherthrax »

Retsi wrote:

I used SF Kingsley, which was brought to my attention via the New Year's Raffle.

I would consider most of my mares to be very modest in genetic potential. Kingsley is a fairly potent stallion, evidenced by my foals dramatic improvement over their dams. My best foal so far has been Silver Sunrise.

I would highly recommend SF Kingsley to someone else looking for a racing stallion. He has nice conformation/stats, competition record, and generally looks pleasing. When genetic potentials were released, and gold/green stats were differentiated, there was a lot of churning to get high stat horses without regards to conformation, leading to so many Arabs with uphill builds and blocky heads. It is extremely refreshing to see Retsi's horses available to improve my bloodlines without sacrificing the conformation I want.

Would you say you are pleased with how your foal turned out as a yearling or the way it looked body wise over 3 years of age?

N/A - I have not aged my foals very much yet, but will update when I do!
Jasmine_Hanley
Visit My Farm

Post by Jasmine_Hanley »

I have purchased SF Imperial
Warrior

I have just recently purchased SF Imperial Warrior but, he has done bey well. I have sired only one foal from him so far that has speed 58. He has done very well in racing and will be a Champion after about 7 more shows.

And SF Sham
SF Sham has sired a few foals in the past that were nice, and speed around 50. I'm going to be breeding him again soon. He is a Grand Champion in Endurance and that’s about it.

I would definitely recommend SF horses to anybody that wants some very nice racehorses, and would definitely use more studs and/or purchase another horse.
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Retsi wrote:Stud & Sale Review
I have bought three SF horses so far: Lion's Den, Candlelight Stricken and Lavender Pearl. I will point out the positives and negatives, but all in all your horses have been amazing!
How has your horse fared in racing competitions alone?
SF The Lion's Den: She has been doing great in Endurance, she just earned a new title- from Master Champion to Master Grand Champion! I'm very pleased with the results. Unfortunately though, she does not do well in Sprint Racing. Other than that, I am very satisfied with her.
SF Candlelight Stricken: He seems to be good at normal Racing, as well as Steeplechasing. I am happy with him.
SF Lavender Pearl: Surprisingly, she turned out to be great at Saddleseat and less great at Racing-type comps. She earned a title in Saddleseat. Not what I expected, but I'm still proud.
Have you bred your horse? How many times?
SF The Lion's Den: I have bred her three times, kept two foals and rehomed one. I sold one of her foals to another player, but unfortunately they rehomed the colt. Her foals are not high speed, but they have good conformation in just about everything except strength and they have exotic colors.
SF Candlelight Stricken: Planning on breeding him, haven't so far.
SF Lavender Pearl: Bred twice. Sold both foals, both are still active. Pleased with her offspring.
Are you happy with the foals your horses produced?
So far yes, although I am a little disappointed with their speed which is nearly always under 58 for some reason.
but they have great racing bodies and usually good conformation in everything (30s)
Absolutely! I'm looking forward to the next sales!
Stormchase Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Continued from last time.
SF STUDS:
Which SF studs did you use, and did you like the foals?
SF Kingsley: My all time favorite stud EVER! I've used him countless times, and although I've rehomed a lot of foals, I kept most of them- and they've all been over 59 speed! I absolutely LOVE him! So sad he's not for stud currently :(
SF Desert Dash: Haven't had any foals out of him yet, currently have all my racer mares pregnant to him. We'll see how they turn out.
SF Viva la Rico: Best Thoroughbred stud around! He should be up more often :lol:
SF Champagne Supernova: Gave me my most beautiful racer of all time, *SS* All Hail the King, who was later sold for a lot of money to A.P Farm. Champagne Supernova's son has sired many high speed racers as well.
SF Retsi's Oasis: Sired a black-as-night 61 speed stally. Love, love, love him.
obviously- As I said before your studs are the best I've ever used; such good horses for a decent price.
Would you say you are pleased with how your foals turned out as yearlings or the way they looked body wise over 3 years of age?
yes, I am. Their bodies are great, and exactly what I need. Although sometimes their ribcages/chests are quite small. (Granted, this may be because I forget to give them enough food :? :lol: )
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Purchased Horses

I know, I've purchased a couple here and there...mostly, for color purposes, as I wasn't interested in racing. I have no issue recommending to another breeder, depending on their requirements. I will, in the future, purchase additional horses as I need for my own projects.

Studs

Stud I used was SF Candlelight Sprint, over all I liked the foal (could have done without the Lp, but thats genetics for you). While, I will not be adding him into my racing lines, since breeding out the Lp is such a pain. I will be adding him into racing Appaloosa and Arappaloosas lines.

I'd have no issue recommending SF Candlelight Sprint to another person, of course dependent on their requirements.

Pretty please, while HGP and conformation could be a bit higher, eventing results are the proof.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:53 pm