Community Forum

What Breed to Invest in?

Echo horses
Visit My Farm

What Breed to Invest in?

Post by Echo horses »

Hey! I’m a new player. I’ve jumped between different SIM games such as Horse Eden Eventing, and Lioden.
My question: What is the best breed to invest in? As of right now, I’m pretty much open to everything. I want to be able to consistently breed this breed of horse, so any ideas? Thanks :)
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: What Breed to Invest in?

Post by vallers »

Echo horses wrote:Hey! I’m a new player. I’ve jumped between different SIM games such as Horse Eden Eventing, and Lioden.
My question: What is the best breed to invest in? As of right now, I’m pretty much open to everything. I want to be able to consistently breed this breed of horse, so any ideas? Thanks :)
The basic ancient breeds such as belgians, przewalksi's, tarpans, turkmenes, forest horses, and arabians are readily available. The arabian is the easiest to work with but there are more than 10 times the arabians than any other breed in game. I would recommend starting with one of the more popular breeds other than arabians until you get comfortable with the game. Then I would pick my favorite breed and work on it.
Echo horses
Visit My Farm

Post by Echo horses »

vallers wrote:
Echo horses wrote: My question: What is the best breed to invest in? As of right now, I’m pretty much open to everything. I want to be able to consistently breed this breed of horse, so any ideas? Thanks :)
The basic ancient breeds such as belgians, przewalksi's, tarpans, turkmenes, forest horses, and arabians are readily available. The arabian is the easiest to work with but there are more than 10 times the arabians than any other breed in game. I would recommend starting with one of the more popular breeds other than arabians until you get comfortable with the game. Then I would pick my favorite breed and work on it.
Thanks! I’ve looked around in the market, your help is appreciated!
arthorse
Visit My Farm

Post by arthorse »

vallers wrote:
Echo horses wrote:Hey! I’m a new player. I’ve jumped between different SIM games such as Horse Eden Eventing, and Lioden.
I agree! I work with Arabs and they are great!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Stormchase Stables »

The Shetland Pony needs to be worked on. Right now, there aren't too many of them with high GP.
Many extinct or nearly-extinct breeds are good to work with too, you could bring them back.
Like vallers said, some of the AC breeds should be "upgraded"- more colors, better HGP, better conofs.
GrayJay2
Visit My Farm

Post by GrayJay2 »

I agree with Stormchase. One thing regarding making money from competitions: I found out when starting the game that the most versatile horses of the AC breeds were Belgians and Forest Horses; i.e., they will do fairly well in a large number of kinds of competitions for which you can enter more than one horse at once, so you will be able to earn money faster then if you start with, for example, Arabians, which may be able to do well in only Endurance competitions at first (and you can only enter one horse per Endurance race). Shetlands will also excel in most of the competitions they qualify for (Log Pull, Obstacle Driving and Marathon Driving, In-Hand Jumping (except IHJ comps tend not to run due to few competitors)). Przewalskis also need work. I have all the foundation horse breeds with full training records so you can visit my farm to see which competitions they are best in. (I am not a premium member so I test my horses for competitions by trial and error based on stats, versus being able to evaluate horses for conformation.)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm