Community Forum

Please HELP!! I'm Confused!!!

Jardine_Horses
Visit My Farm

Please HELP!! I'm Confused!!!

Post by Jardine_Horses »

Ok, so I have two Colts. Both are out of champions and have amazing stats. Like their whole paragraphs are gold. But their is one glitch. I had to put them in one of my barns because it said their weight was poor. They are at 100% feed in everything, and their protein, energy, sugar bar level thingies are all the way full but they won't gain weight!!! What am I not doing?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
darklass
Visit My Farm

Re: Please HELP!! I'm Confused!!!

Post by darklass »

Jardine_Horses wrote:Ok, so I have two Colts. Both are out of champions and have amazing stats. Like their whole paragraphs are gold. But their is one glitch. I had to put them in one of my barns because it said their weight was poor. They are at 100% feed in everything, and their protein, energy, sugar bar level thingies are all the way full but they won't gain weight!!! What am I not doing?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
how old are they? Most of my foals go through a awkward stage where they always lose weight but they get over it I use 100% performance mix and 50% weight gain and when they hit 1-1 1/2 years they go back to normal
From the pastures of the Amazing Arabs
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Please HELP!! I'm Confused!!!

Post by BlackOak2 »

Jardine_Horses wrote:Ok, so I have two Colts. Both are out of champions and have amazing stats. Like their whole paragraphs are gold. But their is one glitch. I had to put them in one of my barns because it said their weight was poor. They are at 100% feed in everything, and their protein, energy, sugar bar level thingies are all the way full but they won't gain weight!!! What am I not doing?!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:
We have a lot of help on this topic and it keeps coming up so there are a lot of replies.

First I'm assuming the two foals you are having trouble with is these two:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1208383
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1212949

Here's the basics:
Like Darklass said: foals have difficulty gaining or keeping weight. The best way to aid a foal to proper growth is to put them in a pasture with good grass, then supplement them with whatever additional they may need.

Another problem you're having is that you're trying to stuff too much food down their gullet.
This is what your feeding looks like:

100% Hay
100% Sweet Feed
100% Performance Mix
100% Weight Gain Mix

400% Daily Energy

Regular Feed: 62.1 kg to 124.3 kg
Max Feed: 19.1 kg

Do you see these red numbers? It means that your horse can't eat everything you're feeding them. You need to balance out how much they can eat with an intake (Daily Energy) over 100% if you want them to gain weight. That Max Feed number is how much your horse can eat, nothing beyond that will be accounted for. The other thing to keep in mind is that the feed is giving from the top down. So the very first thing your horse is eating is hay. So your horse is filling up on hay, not getting enough food to sustain itself, let alone grow from.

However, after all this is said, don't worry too much. Horses cannot die yet from being starved. They can only die from old age (starting at 17 years).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:26 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:26 am