Community Forum

Breeding Question

MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Breeding Question

Post by MerrySmile »

Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If I have a horse that is of a rare breed and use another horse to breed a foal, how many generations will it take to get another full bred horse?

For Example:

Spiti + Arabian = 1/2? foal
1/2? Foal + Spiti = ?
?

And so on.

How many times would I have to do that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding Question

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If I have a horse that is of a rare breed and use another horse to breed a foal, how many generations will it take to get another full bred horse?

For Example:

Spiti + Arabian = 1/2? foal
1/2? Foal + Spiti = ?
?

And so on.

If breeding back to a full breed with each generation, it should take four generations. If not breeding back to a full generation, then it can take upwards of 7 generations or more.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Post by MerrySmile »

BlackOak2 wrote:
MerrySmile wrote:Sooo, I'm sure you've seen that I'm collecting every breed I possibly can. I would like to breed a few to sell to earn money to buy the rarer expensive breeds. So here's my question:

If breeding back to a full breed with each generation, it should take four generations. If not breeding back to a full generation, then it can take upwards of 7 generations or more.
Can you explain the difference of those two please?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
With a mixed offspring, as long as you breed back to a fullblood, you will purify the next generation offspring. Take this purified offspring (still not pure-blooded) and breed back to a fullblood and the resulting offspring will still not by pureblood, but mixed. Then breed it back to another fullblood. It will take at least four times of breeding back to a pureblood to get a pureblood.

mix to pure = mix 1
mix 1 to pure = mix 2
mix 2 to pure = mix 3
mix 3 to pure = mix 4
mix 4 to pure = pureblood

Of course it's been awhile since I did it myself, either the mix 4 will be pureblood or it will take one additional breeding.

For a mixed blood with a non-pure (two mixed bloods), you'll need to breed it until your mixed bloods are somewhere greater then 95% to breed a pureblood. If you breed a mixed blood to a 99% or pureblood, you're looking somewhere greater then 89% mixed blood for their offspring to be a pureblood. I'm not sure how else to explain this one if you don't understand it any better. A horse with blood that's greater than 89% can throw purebloods with the right partner.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MerrySmile
Visit My Farm

Post by MerrySmile »

BlackOak2 wrote:
MerrySmile wrote:
With a mixed offspring, as long as you breed back to a fullblood, you will purify the next generation offspring. Take this purified offspring (still not pure-blooded) and breed back to a fullblood and the resulting offspring will still not by pureblood, but mixed. Then breed it back to another fullblood. It will take at least four times of breeding back to a pureblood to get a pureblood.

mix to pure = mix 1
mix 1 to pure = mix 2
mix 2 to pure = mix 3
mix 3 to pure = mix 4
mix 4 to pure = pureblood

Of course it's been awhile since I did it myself, either the mix 4 will be pureblood or it will take one additional breeding.

For a mixed blood with a non-pure (two mixed bloods), you'll need to breed it until your mixed bloods are somewhere greater then 95% to breed a pureblood. If you breed a mixed blood to a 99% or pureblood, you're looking somewhere greater then 89% mixed blood for their offspring to be a pureblood. I'm not sure how else to explain this one if you don't understand it any better. A horse with blood that's greater than 89% can throw purebloods with the right partner.
Ok, now I get it. That makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

MerrySmile wrote:
Ok, now I get it. That makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to help me learn.
:D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm