Community Forum

Clydesdales

elizabeth1
Visit My Farm

Clydesdales

Post by elizabeth1 »

I have looked in the breeding communities forum and only found basically active groups from 2015-16 I was wondering does anyone know if there is an active breeder? I am just getting started but would like some advice from an established breeder?

Thanks in advance
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Clydesdales

Post by BlackOak2 »

elizabeth1 wrote:I have looked in the breeding communities forum and only found basically active groups from 2015-16 I was wondering does anyone know if there is an active breeder? I am just getting started but would like some advice from an established breeder?

Thanks in advance
My supplier is sophi.a
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=99307
But according to the activity report, she hasn't been on for awhile.

I bought a great clyde from her when I needed one.

So, rather than be of some help, I suppose I have NOT been...

If you don't find an active one that can help you directly, the community still can help you along. If you know the end goal, we can still give you some directional tips.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
elizabeth1
Visit My Farm

Post by elizabeth1 »

Sorry for the late response, but my question atm is is the fester gene, dominant or recessive? Because a lot of my horses seem to not be passing down the gene to their offspring, and I’m trying to get the full feather look.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

elizabeth1 wrote:Sorry for the late response, but my question atm is is the fester gene, dominant or recessive? Because a lot of my horses seem to not be passing down the gene to their offspring, and I’m trying to get the full feather look.
Feather is an incomplete recessive gene.
But if the horse has the feather gene, you will always see SOMETHING.
There are three basic sets of feathers. Minimal, partial and full expression. Plus, feathers are also controlled by a separate gene of 'growth'. Which means that even a horse bred for full expression feathering, may not get them until very late in their age (15 years or longer), because their 'growth' gene says that they won't show early.

Let's see if I can show you the styles of feathers...

Oh! I found an earlier post with some information and the picture difference between a horse with the feather gene and a horse without, so I'll give that link first:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... ers#p78301

Great! I found each of them.
So if we keep with what I offered in that topic I linked.
Type 1 is feather gene, but no expression.

Type 2 is expressed, but kind of like an afterthought:

Type 3 is halfway to the knees:

And finally Type 4 is full feathering, like the horse has some sort of lycan or 'were' transformation in process:

Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 am

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 am