Community Forum

Question...

Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Question...

Post by Caramelapple3 »

So, I have these horses and I was wondering what they are worth? I figured about 20K for a pure bred untrained Spanish Mustang like the one below, and 40K to 50K for a trained Spanish Mustang. Don't know if that's too much or not. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2286083

And then what about this Lipizzaner? (My Lipizzaner bloodline is currently private but I want to know for when I do release them to the public.) How much for a trained and how much for an untrained? Let me know if you have any suggestions.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2318130
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Question...

Post by Caramelapple3 »

Bump
horse_lover_232
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by horse_lover_232 »

My friend has sold the Lipizzaners for over 50k untrained successfully. Of course the trained ones go for Morse. Hers are all white dapples.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Caramelapple3 wrote:So, I have these horses and I was wondering what they are worth? I figured about 20K for a pure bred untrained Spanish Mustang like the one below, and 40K to 50K for a trained Spanish Mustang. Don't know if that's too much or not. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2286083

And then what about this Lipizzaner? (My Lipizzaner bloodline is currently private but I want to know for when I do release them to the public.) How much for a trained and how much for an untrained? Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Trained horses, the basic grinder, usually goes for between 15k to 25k. A good or great grinder can go for as much or more than 60k. That should offer you some sort of base price, because all horses can at least be a grinder.

Purebreds are priced higher than their mixed, part or crossed counterparts. You'll need to also consider what they can be used for. Recipe's for instance. Competition lines. Recipe horses are a niche market but can be highly sought after... when the searching happens (it's sometimes very long spans between a buyer). Competition lines usually generally need to come down from a bloodline of confirmed competitors. Higher HGP and correct colors are important for purebreds, or a rare color combined with higher HGP.

After saying all of that... The only way to really know how much your horses are really worth and how sought after they will be, is by posting them for sale. If they sell to quickly in your opinion, maybe they're under-priced... to slowly, then that's likely over-priced. Putting them up for offers only will give you some additional insight, but for people looking to purchase, some of them will fly right by an offers only horse, depending on their immediate need.

I know that really doesn't help you, but offering a solid amount of worth of a horse is a slippery slope. You'll need to consider what you will be posting them as, then perhaps the community can offer you more insight into maybe what they're worth. Just offering a purebred doesn't offer much to base a solid answer on. For instance, I have a purebred Thoroughbred... what's it worth? Without knowing anything about it, the answer can be $1 or a billion.

So if you want a more accurate answer, you'll need to offer some more information. However, you may not be far off on your first assessment either. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

Caramelapple3 wrote:So, I have these horses and I was wondering what they are worth? I figured about 20K for a pure bred untrained Spanish Mustang like the one below, and 40K to 50K for a trained Spanish Mustang. Don't know if that's too much or not. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2286083

(This is just my opinion ^^)

The price that horse a horse can be sold for depends on many things.

One of the most important things is, suprisingly, the buyer that is interested in that horse.

The more experienced the buyer is (which usually leads to them having a higher money balance) the better the chances are for your horse to be sold for a high price. Which means that if you want to profit from a horse, you should check out what experienced players are interested in.

Newbies, don't have that much money and are usually saving it for a greater purpose. Which means that for an untrained horse the money that they will offer ranges from 200 to, maybe as high as, 10k. Remember that newbies are interested in breeds that are not of much interest to the whole community as that means that there will not be many (high or not) offers,

Your horses and specifically the Spanish Mustang is a really rare breed (around 150 in the game). From what I have seen there are plenty of experienced players that are collecting rare horses and their prices can vary ffom 200k to 10 million. (A good HGP, low COI, nice conformation and training always helps)

I have not seen the community have much interest in Lippizaners so the price for the horse will be low, especially if it is untrained.

You have to remember that the more desirable the horse is by the community the more pricy it will become.
Don't lose your hope if the first offer you see is 500 dollars.

Thoroughbreds are sold for millions and sometimes even billions! And right now I see offers of 1k on trained Thoroughbreds with high titles and good results.

Also remember to not overprice your private lines. Most players (including myself) sometimes do that, rightfully, as they have gone through so much trouble to make their private lines better that sometimes they do not realize that that trouble is not noticed by the community especially when the results are just good (and not perfect) or when there is not much interest in it by the public.

I hoped I helped a bit! (Even though my answer was pretty irrelevant to your question :lol: )
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Caramelapple3 »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
Veterinarian wrote:.
Thank you, it actually does help :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed May 08, 2024 2:28 am

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:28 am