Community Forum

Community Outreach

Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Community Outreach

Post by Soaring Hooves »

So, you're probably going to want to know why I'm making this chat, so here's your answer: I think we should all be more of a community. Yeah, we have our clubs that we certain breeds with, or for certain disciplines. But, the truth is, we don't work together as we say we're going to. So… I have an idea! We should all fill out this short form that I've created so that we can know a little more about each other's status in the game and our goals. If this works, we can all help each other be better players. Also, here people can ask questions that the more experienced players can answer(I don't consider myself 'more experienced' :) ). If anyone feels this as an intrusion of privacy, please ping me to say so. I really do not want anyone to feel uncomfortable or unsafe because of me. I sincerely promise that I only want to make this game more enjoyable and fun for everyone. My hope is that we can all learn to help everyone, no matter who they are. Anyways, here's the form:
Player Name:
Status (In need of money, Millionaire, etc.):
Account Age(Newbie, Junior, Senior, etc.):
Goals:
Clubs(That you participate in):
Services for the community (If any):
Things that you need help with (If any):
Ways that you're willing to help others:
Questions:
Anything else that you want to add.
Example:
Player Name: Soaring Hooves
Goals: I want to produce the fastest horses possible to make incredible Racers and Sprint Racers, learn how to train well
Clubs: United Arabian Breeders Club, Champ Racers Breeding Club, a few others
Services for the community: Champing, custom breeding
Things that I need help with: Learning how to more money faster, I sorta suck at that :lol:
Ways that I'm willing to help others: Any way I can
Questions: I'm wondering what stats are best for what disciplines, I know speed is good for racing and sprint racing, and stamina is good for endurance, but I'm wondering if the most experienced players could make a table of sorts with the information that they know?
I hope that this idea helps everyone :D
Last edited by Soaring Hooves on Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
Horselover2323232
Visit My Farm

Re: PLEASE LOOK AT THIS!!!

Post by Horselover2323232 »

I saw that in your “Things I need help with”, you said make money. Grinders are a good way. Also getting horses trained and then selling them. I know I can buy 1 dollar horses off the market and then sell them for over 15k when they are trained.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This might be a nice addition to the game. We are a community and we help when and where we can. Those that don't respond simply don't have anything to offer. Many of us work off of closed bloodlines and they either won't be or aren't yet available to the public. We also have many guides that self-answer most of the questions for anybody to view. Granted, they are MANY and INVOLVED and LONG-WINDED. But this game is expansive and that's not an understatement.

Horselover2323232 already answered your direct question for making money. I'll quickly tackle the other.
The discipline guide is in the Help, Guides topic:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=1235

I'll also offer my own subject matter, but only because most of you already know that I'm the friendly, nosy, helpful player here on HWO.

Player Name: BlackOak2
Status (In need of money, Millionaire, etc.): Some of us won't want to bother with this. I offer to provide, and will take for myself, this phrase: 'Enough to play with.' Currently Senior Member.
Goals: Many, too many to bother offering.
Clubs(That you participate in): I don't join clubs (usually) and am only currently an acting member of the Newsletter.
Services for the community (If any): Newsletter (I've already mentioned that)... and helpful aid to answering questions. I also fill in if it's needed in other respects.
Things that you need help with (If any): Currently looking (still) for a permanent or semi-permanent Newsletter Manager, but it's not a lightweight task. Only senior players should consider it. Junior players may not have the funds to back it up or the knowledge that they might need to draw upon.
Ways that you're willing to help others: I choose my ways and they are many. A lot of the senior players will do the same. Begging is not taken lightly here on HWO, so to aid with that, only a few direct help is offered (free grinders for newbies and so on). But we do have and we do help newbies and returnees and in-need members of our community in a lot of ways, when we can and where we can.
Questions: None currently. :D
Actually, scratch that, I do have a question, or perhaps a request. Change your topic heading to something that's more pertinent. Such as, Community Outreach. I do like the idea of having such a thing as a Senior Member status, Junior Member status and even a Newbie Member status, all unofficial, of course. The differences of them... maybe time limits. Newbies are generally those under 3 months, Juniors could be those under 1 year and Seniors those over 1 year.

:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mlloftus »

Skyler Brooks wrote:...
Player Name: Mlloftus
Goals: To breed nice racing Tbs
Clubs: None currently
Services: None really, every once in a while I champ someones horse
Things I need help with: None really
Questions: None
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Re: Community Outreach

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Thanks all for joining me in trying to make us all more of a community. Thank you BlackOak2 for your ideas, I've used them. Also, Thanks Horselover2323232 for helping me. I have only one question that I want to ask, and it makes me feel sorta stupid: what's a Grinder? :?
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
mlloftus wrote:Ping
Horselover2323232 wrote:Ping
Horselover2323232
Visit My Farm

Post by Horselover2323232 »

Skyler Brooks wrote:Thanks all for joining me in trying to make us all more of a community. Thank you BlackOak2 for your ideas, I've used them. Also, Thanks Horselover2323232 for helping me. I have only one question that I want to ask, and it makes me feel sorta stupid: what's a Grinder? :?
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
mlloftus wrote:Ping
Horselover2323232 wrote:Ping
A grinder is a fully trained horse that can compete in level 9 and 10 local shows and win almost every time.
#Yfke7
Visit My Farm

Post by #Yfke7 »

Player Name: #Yfke7
Goals: To breed Paso Finos and Peruvian Pasos, with 5 evals, that are specialized in western trail and pleasure
Clubs: none
Things I need help with: Training and selling
Questions: Is anyone interested in buying or breeding Peruvian pasos and paso finos?
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Oh! Thanks, that's helpful.
Horselover2323232 wrote:
Skyler Brooks wrote:Thanks all for joining me in trying to make us all more of a community. Thank you BlackOak2 for your ideas, I've used them. Also, Thanks Horselover2323232 for helping me. I have only one question that I want to ask, and it makes me feel sorta stupid: what's a Grinder? :?
A grinder is a fully trained horse that can compete in level 9 and 10 local shows and win almost every time.
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Hi, #Yfke7! Thank you for posting your little form, and my answer to your question is that I'd be happy to buy some Peruvian Pasos and Paso Finos after I've earned more money and gotten more experienced. It might take a while, but I'll try to speed up the process as much as I can :D
#Yfke7 wrote:Player Name: #Yfke7
Goals: To breed Paso Finos and Peruvian Pasos, with 5 evals, that are specialized in western trail and pleasure
Questions: Is anyone interested in buying or breeding Peruvian pasos and paso finos?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

#Yfke7 wrote:Player Name: #Yfke7
Training is a difficulty everywhere. It's best to learn how to train yourself because our public trainers are, indeed, overwhelmed.

Some clubs offer training for their club members.

And training certainly helps to sell horses faster. Selling horses can also be a problem sometimes. If you happen to be a breeder that is basing their money-earnings off of selling what you produce, you may need to continue to strive toward making top-HGP horses that excel in your chosen discipline, before they'll actually earn you they style of income you want. It's not hard, it's just a long process.
It does appear you're working toward that goal. Keep going, you do look like you're making progress.

If you want an aside that aids in some money making, other than a grinder, try posting competitions following the help guide here:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=9859

If done right, it can earn you quite a bit of income, but it's not guaranteed.

There's also creating Peruvian Paso's that star well for the Aegidienberger breed. This can also draw in some income. But both of your breeds are nearly end-breed status (Paso Fino is an end breed), which means that only those looking for your specific breed will be interested in purchasing it. What this means is that your purchasing pool is smaller than the one for a breed like Thoroughbred (which is expansive, outside of those that want a Tb because it's a Tb) or a purchasing pool for one like the Quarter Horse. I did pick popular breeds, but they didn't start out that way. It was through breeders like you that made them popular by spending time on them, to build them up and create a popularity that had lacked before that.

Starting to popularize a breed is a lonely road in the beginning, but it also means you have the time to create what you imagine as well. And when you get there and show the community, the work you put into it, it will literally pay you back.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 3:57 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:57 am