Community Forum

Hello , new player here !

mr Coyote
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Hello , new player here !

Post by mr Coyote »

Hello everyone, i am new here ;) .
I have a filly in game , name Jenna . The training seems confusing ....i think i can start with walks and then trots and then exercises ( like i do with my real horse)...Is that good ?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Hello , new player here !

Post by BlackOak2 »

mr Coyote wrote:Hello everyone, i am new here ;) .
I have a filly in game , name Jenna . The training seems confusing ....i think i can start with walks and then trots and then exercises ( like i do with my real horse)...Is that good ?
Training is really open to the way you want to train, with really only two restrictions. If you don't train up your stamina, your horse will tire very easily and training will be very slow going.
And, keep in mind that you won't be able to train to 100% in most stat areas (and if you haven't completed your player skills learning courses in training, none of the stats), so you won't be able to finish that last quest of training a horse to 100% in all stats.

The first time training up your horse, you may find it will take ten or more years of your horse's life. After you get the hang of it, complete training skills and finally understand the training help guide in our help guides forum, you should be able to shorten that training time down to under 4 years (give or take).

The general rule is to start on stamina. Arena, walk, lunge on the flat and for however long your horse can last (at first it may only be 5 minutes). Once stamina gets up above 80% or so of maximum, that should open up most or almost all of the other activities.

The last thing to keep in mind is that the more fatigued your horse is (tired), the less benefit training has. So something that could give you 5 points on a stat at 0% tiredness, may not give you anything at all at 50% tiredness.

Good luck!
JillJessie1997
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Hello , new player here !

Post by JillJessie1997 »

mr Coyote wrote:Hello everyone, i am new here ;) .
Basically what Blackoak has written above.
You didn't say how old this filly is, but I'm going to assume she is very young and just like with a young horse in real life, in order for her to work long and hard, you need to build up stamina. To do that lunge her at a walk in the arena for 5 minutes until a decent percentage of stamina has been built, then you can either move onto other training activities or change up the lunging work; make it longer, change the terrain from arena to trail, et cetera.
Player skill courses under Training are very beneficial too, I would start with the Energy Saver, Stamina Training and Training Techniques courses first.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:42 pm